Best outdoor ceiling fans?

I'd like to add a ceiling fan under my outside porch that can stand up to Houston's humid conditions. I've seen lots of outside fans that have metal corrosion and/or have fiberboard blades that sag after absorbing moisture. Can anyone recommend one they';re happy with. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Was looking for something else and came across this old post. Not sure if it helps but I've had my Emerson fan outside for a year now mounted under our pergola exposed to rain and sun. It was rated for direct rain exposure and has held up well. I couldn't find the exact model in my quick search but here is a link to the website

http://www.emersonfans.com/Pages/Collection.aspx?Name=Indoor / Outdoor

Unfortunately I probably don't have room for one that big, but I'll measure. I know other Big Ass fans work though. They have one at the gym and it's enormous, maybe 12 or 15 feet in diameter. It's two stories off the floor, but you can feel airflow over most of what used to be a Rice Epicurian floor space.

I'd imagine a metal fan would hold up better to our local conditions, especially if it's painted and not directly exposed to the elements.

that said, I have a fan on my front porch that isn't metal, it's been there for over 2 years and is holding up rather well.

• 6 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived