Cheers Bar At 2400 Bagby St.

DrLan34

Yeah, I refuse to go to Washington because of its ridiculousness. I bought in midtown right when Washington was booming (used to rent along it) because I saw the monster it was going to turn into. I love midtown and know that it's not going anywhere ( train, redevelopment authority and management district, it's super easy road access right into downtown, proximity to museums and Hermann park, etc). My wife and I are going to raise our kids here... so I'm in it for the long haul. :)

• 2 months later...

Wow, where to start. It's been a while since I've posted :)

Cheerz is owned by the same folks as Rebels over on main. They did a great job on the inside and have a great staff. The food is great (5 rotating chefs right now) and the beer prices are reasonable. If you like sports they have a ton of tvs. It's just my opinion, but I really like it.

I've been in Midtown for 4 years now and would not live anywhere else. Not married yet, but if I do and have kids I will raise them down here. Midtown is going no where and is getting more activity than ever. Washington will die down eventually and as soon as the city goes after them for the parking violations (not enough for their occupancy) some businesses will be forced to move or close - again more opinion then fact.

Love the trolley idea and it would definitely help me utilize the train more often.

As far as overall improvements, I want better Motorcycle/Scooter access for Midtown/Downtown. I love going to London and seeing the motorcycle only parking. You want an easy way to improve access, add these areas in. Scooters are already on the rise in Midtown anyway. Overall though, Midtown just keeps getting better. Don't forget the Whole Foods being added at Dallas and Waugh.

David

Midtown residents don't even want to use the train. I tried it for 3 days to get to work downtown. I was the only Midtown resident using it. The train is merely a way for vagrants to come into the area and ask for money. Nobody even pays to use the train. Every time I used the train to get downtown, I was the only one that paid! It's $2 (if you are honest) and you have to sit there and wait 10 minutes for it. Then it takes another 10 minutes to reach your destination if you work in the Theatre District. Why not get in your car and drive for 5 minutes and park downtown. It's faster and depending on your company's parking situation, it's cheaper. God knows it's a lot safer! The best thing for Midtown would be to tear up the train stop at McGowen and let it go by.

Basically most of what you said is false. Very very false.

It bothers me when people say "cheers" at the end of a phone call or email. I work with a lot of english people, so I get this a lot. I just don't follow the origin of it. "Cheers"...sounds like you are declaring that there should be cheers all around, as if some great success just happened. No, we just talked about some crap for work.

It bothers me when people say "cheers" at the end of a phone call or email. I work with a lot of english people, so I get this a lot. I just don't follow the origin of it. "Cheers"...sounds like you are declaring that there should be cheers all around, as if some great success just happened. No, we just talked about some crap for work.

Such is the English language. We end letters with 'sincerely' or 'yours truly', or 'best regards' as if these terms mean something.

Maybe '*F*-off, gettouttamyface' might be more appropriate, yet we hold on to these niceties.

Midtown residents don't even want to use the train. I tried it for 3 days to get to work downtown. I was the only Midtown resident using it. The train is merely a way for vagrants to come into the area and ask for money. Nobody even pays to use the train. Every time I used the train to get downtown, I was the only one that paid! It's $2 (if you are honest) and you have to sit there and wait 10 minutes for it. Then it takes another 10 minutes to reach your destination if you work in the Theatre District. Why not get in your car and drive for 5 minutes and park downtown. It's faster and depending on your company's parking situation, it's cheaper. God knows it's a lot safer! The best thing for Midtown would be to tear up the train stop at McGowen and let it go by.

I hate writing so many negative posts but since buying my townhome in Midtown 2 1/2 years ago, I've only seen the neighborhood decline and I seriously regret buying here. Worst mistake of my life.

Move. Please move.

For your and everyone else's sanity, please move.

Next time you talk to your English co-workers, when you're done just say "ta". (as in ta-tas). The snooty Londoners will wonder who you've been talking to behind their backs.

what are you attempting to refute without offering any supporting information?

I don't even really know where to start. Enforcement is frequent and tickets cost $1.25. If he paid $1 per way he rode quite some time ago and doesn't have an accurate picture of the current state.

• Like 1

still surprises that rich's closed and this is it moved from midtown. the drive down san jacinto sure changed coming home from med center the other week. momentum went to washington clearly.

There's a new restaurant where This Is It used to be. It's called Cafe Layal.

• 2 weeks later...

Move. Please move.

For your and everyone else's sanity, please move.

I would gladly but property values have plummeted a good 20% in Midtown over the past 3 years. In the rest of Houston, real estate has stabilized to pre-recession prices but not in Midtown. Check out HAR. Prices are listed 15% below what they used to be and there are no pending sales.

I would gladly but property values have plummeted a good 20% in Midtown over the past 3 years. In the rest of Houston, real estate has stabilized to pre-recession prices but not in Midtown. Check out HAR. Prices are listed 15% below what they used to be and there are no pending sales.

You referred to the train as merely a way for vagrants to come in and ask for money, so you'd better hurry and move out before your property values slide further as the vagrants roll in.

What are you talking about?!?! Why was I able to refinance last month (after living in my home for two years) and my appraisal came in 7.4% higher? My home value has increased 16k in two years and the comps were all very recent. Homes were option pending about a month ago. Just because there aren't any right now doesn't mean the end of the world (we are still in a recession).

• 9 months later...

I talked to Carlos who I think is the owner or manager. The new place is called Midtown Drinkery bar and grill. He said they will serve pizza, wings, and will have steak nights.

They are trying to open next week.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 1

• 6 years later...
On 10/27/2017 at 5:00 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

The property was also home to Midtown Drinkery Bar & Grill, 2400 Bagby Street, which relocated in July to the French Quarter in New Orleans.

How did I just now notice they moved to New Orleans?

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 9/17/2019 at 8:20 PM, BeerNut said:

I guess Instagram worthiness is now a reason to go somewhere...

5 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

While your point holds, I do believe they did a nice job with this. I love how they gave the space an option to go open-air. 

I like the open aspects of the architecture.
The interior design looks like it was designed by a kid with a set of Day-Glo markers and a tee-hee attitude toward potty language.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Cheers Bar Moving To Midtown
  • The title was changed to Cheers Bar At 2400 Bagby St.