Top 10 Cities for Black Singles

I don't know if this thread was done already, but anyways:

Source: http://personals.aol.com/articles/2009/08/24/top-10-cities-for-black-singles/

(I knew this was originally on Black People Meet's webpage but the link has since been taken down)

Top 10 Cities for Black Singles

Text Size A A A

Filed under: African-American, Black People Meet

Posted Aug 24th 2009 6:00PM

Print Article

by Staff, for BlackPeopleMeet

Tired of looking for love in all the wrong places? If you're single and Black, you're not alone. A whopping 42 percent of black men and 41 percent of black women are unmarried, according to the African American Healthy Marriage Initiative, a campaign of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.

The good news according to these figures is that there are still plenty of eligible singles out there, you just need to know where to find them. So may we suggest you review BlackPeopleMeet.com's Top 10 Cities List. Regardless of what you're looking for in a mate – hotness, smartness or sugar, spice and niceness – we'll point out the best places where you can get lucky in love.

2. Houston

If you're young and searching for "the one," Houston may be the perfect place to settle down. This multi-cultural city boasts one of the youngest populations in the country where Black people represent more than 25 percent of the total. Young or old, you won't break the bank or wait too long before things heat up in this in this Southern city. A low cost of living makes dating on a dime possible, and there's nothing like hot, sticky weather to get your thirst up and those juices flowing.

The other nine cities on the list are: (1) Chicago, (3) Atlanta, (4) New York, (5) Philadelphia, (6) Los Angeles, (7) Detroit, (8) Dallas, (9) Washington DC and (10) Jacksonville. Times like this, I'm proud to be black and single in Houston for sure.

Edited by DaTrain

there's nothing like hot, sticky weather to get your thirst up and those juices flowing.

I think that's the first time I've heard of our famous heat and humidity being described as an aphrodisiac. :lol:

Edited by JLWM8609

• 11 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/6/2010 at 10:40 AM, LTAWACS said:

Did they provide any other socioeconomic breakdowns?

You have too check it out yourself  The Current population survey for 2008 2009 the average or median black income was $43,239k the u.s average for individuals or singles $36k or $40k which are normal these cities has tons of black singles who are in the service industry,trade jobs and professional field. The other cities like Charlotte Miami S.F oak,Austin,and Boston