The USA And Texas: Democracy Vs. Republic

lockmat

Call me stupid, but I did not know the difference and have always heard people say that the USA is a democracy. But after watching this video, it has made my eyes wide open, and it has made me very happy to be a part of this country. This will change the way I look at national, state and local issues. Maybe we can discuss how this related to some of local issues as of late and see if the government acted in the right manner.

http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment/

I don't know about you but it's been a loooong time since I was in junior high. And I wasn't exactly the brightest or observant student either. cool.gif

...and government isn't exactly the most popular or interesting class at that age either.

also, i bet if you polled most americans, more than 85% would not know this, and if they said republic, half of them would have been guesses.

let's ask people around our offices and see what they know. ;P

also, i bet if you polled most americans, more than 85% would not know this, and if they said republic, half of them would have been guesses.

let's ask people around our offices and see what they know. ;P

Hell, I bet if you asked most Americans, they wouldn't know the United States is in North America.

I'm pretty confident several of my colleagues are among them.

Call me stupid, but I did not know the difference and have always heard people say that the USA is a democracy. But after watching this video, it has made my eyes wide open, and it has made me very happy to be a part of this country. This will change the way I look at national, state and local issues. Maybe we can discuss how this related to some of local issues as of late and see if the government acted in the right manner.

http://www.wimp.com/thegovernment/

If we were really a republic as described in the video, gay marriage would be legalized by now. Instead we have majority rule deciding on the rights of minorities.

• The title was changed to The USA And Texas: Democracy Vs. Republic

Archived