brian0123

More coming to Midtown!

754 posts in this topic

Hasn't everyone wanted to see more parking lots filled with sparkling BMWs, with the addition of more garages and less opportunities for built up residential or retail spots?

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, cspwal said:

Hasn't everyone wanted to see more parking lots filled with sparkling BMWs, with the addition of more garages and less opportunities for built up residential or retail spots?

Personally, I am happy to see vibrant businesses of all types.  There is a lot of land in midtown and some if it is getting turned into residential.  A few successful, reputable new car dealerships that bring lots of good jobs for skilled maintenance technicians, salespeople, managers, and admin folks to midtown cause me no issues. My guess is that the local eateries love it too --- more folks to come over for lunch.  

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Speaking of residential, a development sign finally went up on the lot on the southeast corner of La Branch and Elgin.

unnamed.jpg

UPDATE 7/19/17: Per the Houston Permitting site, 4 residents have building permits now (Assuming this is 3203-3211 La Branch).

UPDATE 7/20/17: But not sexy enough for a new post. They broke ground on this yesterday apparently.

Edited by corbs315
update 2
1 person likes this