Sheila Jackson Lee

TJones

WOW! The only thing I will probably EVER agree with Nancy Pelosi over.

Shelia Lee.........you are indeed a rare and delicate flower, but like a weed, you must be destroyed in order to save the rest of the garden !!!

How could Shelia POSSIBLY even fathom that this resolution would ever have a chance ?

http://www.examiner.com/x-704-Pop-Media-Examiner~y2009m7d10-Rep-Sheila-Jackson-Lee-determined-to-see-Michael-Jackson-resolution-through

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shelia Lee.........you are indeed a rare and delicate flower, but like a weed, you must be destroyed in order to save the rest of the garden !!!

How could Shelia POSSIBLY even fathom that this resolution would ever have a chance ?

http://www.examiner.com/x-704-Pop-Media-Examiner~y2009m7d10-Rep-Sheila-Jackson-Lee-determined-to-see-Michael-Jackson-resolution-through

The ONLY reason Sheila ever brought this resolution up was because she knew she would get camera time at the funeral, resulting in worldwide visibility. Now, the ensuing controversy is thrusting her even further into the limelight. I don't think she cares about what Rep. King said, all she cares about is that stinkin' camera. Same thing with Rep. King, just cashing in on the whole Jackson thing. If Michael Jackson hadn't died, nobody would've given a rat fart about who King was. He saw his chance to get his name out there and he did.

Somewhere, the aluminum foil hat guys are thinking that King and Jackson-Lee conspired this whole thing to gain camera time. :lol:

Somewhere, the aluminum foil hat guys are thinking that King and Jackson-Lee conspired this whole thing to gain camera time. :lol:

No, we suspect that the whole thing (including all the other celebrity deaths, so close together) were actually assassinations carried out by operatives of the DNC so as to create a media smokescreen behind which they could pass the sorriest excuse for a pork product that there ever was, which probably would have been unpopular among constituents 'in a bipartisan way' had the constituents not been distracted.

Jackson-Lee could not have been in on it. If she had been, then she would've found a way to have been bedside with Jackson in his final moments, and then would've gone outside and chased cameras, instead of being where the DNC needed her, in D.C. voting away her constituents' economic future.

http://www.examiner....olution-through

I totally agree.

When I heard (got sick of the MJ coverage) that she was there with her little framed document, I actually yelled out, "YOU'RE KIDDING!"

SJL is really getting on my nerves and I can't wait for someone to burst that bubble of hers.

Nice to know where her priorities are. 

So, like me, why do people keep voting her back in office.

What, this is like her 7th term, it is beyond me to imagine how she maintains such a cult following.

So, like me, why do people keep voting her back in office.

What, this is like her 7th term, it is beyond me to imagine how she maintains such a cult following.

The method is simple and straightforward. She shows up everywhere, and especially at non-political pop culture events like this one. Her success is a better indication of the misplaced priorities of her constituency than that she's actually doing her job as a stateswoman.

I think Sheila also used this as an opportunity to show her mug to the recording artists in attendance who are supporting H.R. 848. She shares authorship of H.R. 848 with some other representatives including John Conyers. There's been a big outcry from black owned stations about it, namely corporately owned Radio One which claims that it will kill black owned stations. I don't know if that's necessarily true as each side puts their own little spin on H.R. 848, and it's hard to separate the truth from the lies in some of these spins. Despite that, it does show that Sheila is pissing off her constituents, and her time as a State Rep may not be too much longer. Like the old black spiritual says, "it's getting late in the evening children, the sun is going down."

I loved what Lee said. She was responding to what Peter King had stated. In America innocent tell proven guilty thats the law. I thought it was very apporate that someone in congress stood and said what the law is. She was not just trying to get in front of the camera to get in front of it. I do think a little of it had to do with HR848, but she had a relationship with Jackson. During his trial, where he was proven innocent, she was one of the few people that was standing by him. We honor people in America that has done much less to try to better our world than what he did.

I loved what Lee said. She was responding to what Peter King had stated. In America innocent tell proven guilty thats the law. I thought it was very apporate that someone in congress stood and said what the law is. She was not just trying to get in front of the camera to get in front of it. I do think a little of it had to do with HR848, but she had a relationship with Jackson. During his trial, where he was proven innocent, she was one of the few people that was standing by him. We honor people in America that has done much less to try to better our world than what he did.

Your kidding, right? While Jackson may have promoted peace, etc among the races, he DOES NOT deserve what Lee was proposing. You say that " We honor people in America that has done much less to try to better our world than what he did", all the while neglecting those that REALLY make a difference. There are thousand of them from every walk of life. When was the last time you saw a soldier, teacher, etc, recieve the farewell or acolades that he did. Personally I found it ubsurd. For God's sake man, he was a freaking musician who had lost his mind.

The guy was hooked on drugs bigtime, had questionable relationships with young boys, (aquitted or not), and wasn't sure who the hell he was. How some of you can back this guy, and say that he was some sort of philanthropist (in one degree or another) is beyond me.

During his trial, where he was proven innocent, she was one of the few people that was standing by him.

Jackson was found innocent by a jury of his carefully-selected peers. That's an indication that this non-random group determined that there was reasonable doubt. It is by no means an indication of proof that the charges were false.

Jackson was found innocent by a jury of his carefully-selected peers. That's an indication that this non-random group determined that there was reasonable doubt. It is by no means an indication of proof that the charges were false.

See OJ.

Edit: Decided to delete another comment.

By that same logic, one can also state that a guilty verdict is also by no means an indication of proof that the said charges were true.

How some of you can back this guy, and say that he was some sort of philanthropist (in one degree or another) is beyond me.

The philanthropist claims are true. He donated millions of dollars to various charities.

I also wonder if some of the folks who find the whole Michael Jackson thing to be sickening think the same thing about Elvis Presley. Elvis is loved by many. But he was a druggie, as his autopsy revealed ten different drugs in his bloodstream at his death, and when Presley was 24 he was dating Priscilla who was 14 at the time. In Texas, he would be considered a sex offender for dating her at such a young age. Despite that, he's known as the "Undisputed King of Rock 'N Roll", has a giant legion of followers, his home is a tourist attraction and he has an army of impersonators worldwide 32 years after his controversial death.

This is a topic about Sheila I propbly should not have brought up his trial but I was just saying why I think Mrs.Lee did what she did. My opnion of Jackson is he was innocent and our justice system decied he was too. None of us have edvidence to prove other wise or how the jury was selected. I think King is entitled to his own opinion, but he could have stated it in a more dignified way. When one calls someone a pedifile, espeically since they have been cleared of those charges, they should have edvidence to back it up and not just an opinion.

C'mon, you can do better than that.

Well it's true. There have been plenty of guilty verdicts given to non-guilty subjects in the court of law. Just take a look at the Dallas County DA for proof. Now, we can all argue til' the cows come home about this, but the verdict was given and there's no sense in crying over spilled milk. I remember the interviews of the jurors in the MJ case, and if memory serves correctly they were mostly elderly white people. Jokes about his appearance aside I don't think that really constitutes MJ's "peers". Their ages would also lead you to think that they weren't fans of his music and they probably didn't have any reason such as bias towards him because they liked his music to give a verdict in his favor.

This is a topic about Sheila I propbly should not have brought up his trial but I was just saying why I think Mrs.Lee did what she did. My opnion of Jackson is he was innocent and our justice system decied he was too. None of us have edvidence to prove other wise or how the jury was selected. I think King is entitled to his own opinion, but he could have stated it in a more dignified way. When one calls someone a pedifile, espeically since they have been cleared of those charges, they should have edvidence to back it up and not just an opinion.

Steering this thread back on topic. While Sheila may have spoken well, that still doesn't take away from the fact that she saw an opportunity to cash in on a high profile death. Sheila LOVES to cash in on high profile stuff. After Ike, she toured Galveston Island with Dubya and flew back to Washington with him on Air Force One. At the POD site, she showed up and had a pic of herself taken lifting bottles of water, and the picture looked staged, as if she briefly lifted the bottles for the picture and put them right back down shortly thereafter. At Obama's inauguration, she made sure she was standing in such a position that cameras would catch her as Obama took the oath. When the late Quentin Mease turned 100, she showed up at his party and spoke, even though she was not on the list of speakers. She even "crashed" the funeral of my cousin's husband. Again, she was not on program and literally ran down the aisle to get one last look inside the casket as they were closing it. They stopped closing it so she could get a look. Then, she got up and spoke and had the names all wrong, referring to the deceased's wife by his daughter's name, it was embarrassing. Sheila can't fool us, she'll be there, as long as it benefits her.

By that same logic, one can also state that a guilty verdict is also by no means an indication of proof that the said charges were true.

I never said that a guilty charge in a court of law was proof of guilt. Very few people (including jurors) will ever know for fact whether Michael Jackson engaged in a sex crime. Most people have reasoned opinions, however.

Sure Duet, O.J. was exonerated also, remember that.

Jackson trials and endless litigation...

The man was special... very special. I guess I'm just a hopeless fan, but even back from the 1990s spectacles, I have always believed his innocence. After all, he was/is the greatest pop star of the world, and when you're as rich, famous, infamous and strange as MJ was, people are going to take advantage of you. The role of the press and the public is to basically get into his business and doubt/contradict everything that he ever said and did (to which I would say they were quite successful). I still believe that he was innocent, but it ain't my place to know the absolute truth. It's my place to honor and respect him for the tremendous talent and genius that he was.

Mrs. Jackson Lee...

She probably stepped over the line here, but that's what her career has been built on... stepping over and across all sorts of lines. As an elected public servant for the United States government, I was glad that she was there to show that MJ was not "just another entertainer" but what he did effected change for the betterment of our entire planet. She is highly political and highly charged... that's what we pay her for.

Steering this thread back on topic. While Sheila may have spoken well, that still doesn't take away from the fact that she saw an opportunity to cash in on a high profile death. Sheila LOVES to cash in on high profile stuff. After Ike, she toured Galveston Island with Dubya and flew back to Washington with him on Air Force One. At the POD site, she showed up and had a pic of herself taken lifting bottles of water, and the picture looked staged, as if she briefly lifted the bottles for the picture and put them right back down shortly thereafter. At Obama's inauguration, she made sure she was standing in such a position that cameras would catch her as Obama took the oath. When the late Quentin Mease turned 100, she showed up at his party and spoke, even though she was not on the list of speakers. She even "crashed" the funeral of my cousin's husband. Again, she was not on program and literally ran down the aisle to get one last look inside the casket as they were closing it. They stopped closing it so she could get a look. Then, she got up and spoke and had the names all wrong, referring to the deceased's wife by his daughter's name, it was embarrassing. Sheila can't fool us, she'll be there, as long as it benefits her.

You're kidding me! Can you reveal your uncle's identity? Was he a public figure?

Sure Duet, O.J. was exonerated also, remember that.

No not really I am too young.

I think he was guilty from what I have seen down the road on TV. I can not call OJ a murder because he was exonerated on that accusation and it will be slander to do so. He is in prison now for the rest of his life basicly for another crime so why don't people just get over it? I think MJ was innocent and I liked what Lee said. It is just my opinion.

I believe this email  I recieved about sums it up:

Ed McMahon died. He was a great entertainer, but prior to his stage accomplishments he was a distinguished Marine Corps fighter pilot in WWII earning six Air Medals and attaining the rank of Colonel. He was discharged in 1946 and was later promoted to the rank of Brigadier General in the CA Air National Guard.

Farrah Fawcett died after a long career in Hollywood as an actress. After she was diagnosed with cancer, she became an activist for cancer treatment and devoted her last remaining years encouraging people to seek treatment. She documented her plight on film and used it to encourage others to stay positive and upbeat despite their diagnosis and suffering.

Michael Jackson died. He was perhaps one of the greatest singers of modern time. He will also be remembered for his eccentric lifestyle that included sleeping with a chimpanzee, living in a carnival-like atmosphere at Neverland, his fascination with Peter Pan, and his numerous masks and costumes. He also admitted to finding pleasure sleeping with young boys and paying out millions of dollars in settlements to the families of these boys despite being acquitted by a court on one allegation of sexual molestation.

QUESTION 1- Which of the above did Representative Lee declare a moment of silence and try to pass a resolution for? (Hint - It wasn't the first two.)

QUESTION 2- Which of the above's family received a personal note of condolence from President Obama? (Hint - It wasn't the first two.)

QUESTION 3- Which of the above is Al Sharpton calling to honor with a national day of mourning and stating the the national press have been unfair in their coverage? (Hint - It isn't the first two.)

Now you know what kind of leaders we have. No wonder our nation is in trouble.

Accoridng to Snopes the e-mail has a mixture of true and false information: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/charity/jackson.asp

I believe this email I recieved about sums it up:

Ed McMahon died. He was a great entertainer, but prior to his stage accomplishments he was a distinguished Marine Corps fighter pilot in WWII earning six Air Medals and attaining the rank of Colonel. He was discharged in 1946 and was later promoted to the rank of Brigadier General in the CA Air National Guard.

Farrah Fawcett died after a long career in Hollywood as an actress. After she was diagnosed with cancer, she became an activist for cancer treatment and devoted her last remaining years encouraging people to seek treatment. She documented her plight on film and used it to encourage others to stay positive and upbeat despite their diagnosis and suffering.

Michael Jackson died. He was perhaps one of the greatest singers of modern time. He will also be remembered for his eccentric lifestyle that included sleeping with a chimpanzee, living in a carnival-like atmosphere at Neverland, his fascination with Peter Pan, and his numerous masks and costumes. He also admitted to finding pleasure sleeping with young boys and paying out millions of dollars in settlements to the families of these boys despite being acquitted by a court on one allegation of sexual molestation.

QUESTION 1- Which of the above did Representative Lee declare a moment of silence and try to pass a resolution for? (Hint - It wasn't the first two.)

QUESTION 2- Which of the above's family received a personal note of condolence from President Obama? (Hint - It wasn't the first two.)

QUESTION 3- Which of the above is Al Sharpton calling to honor with a national day of mourning and stating the the national press have been unfair in their coverage? (Hint - It isn't the first two.)

Now you know what kind of leaders we have. No wonder our nation is in trouble.

Did they speak about when OJ got sentenced for his other crime? Lemme see if the Browns or Goldmans said anything...

EDIT: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=bryant_howard&id=3748000

""It was satisfying to know that S.O.B. will be in jail. It was satisfying to see him in shackles, the way he belongs," Fred Goldman said. "He still had that arrogant look on his face when he came in and that same look when he left. He committed a crime and he's going to be where he belongs, with others of his kind." "

Tell that to the victims family. 

Accoridng to Snopes the e-mail has a mixture of true and false information

Actually it seems to all be true.

Did they speak about when OJ got sentenced for his other crime? Lemme see if the Browns or Goldmans said anything...

EDIT: http://sports.espn.g...ward&id=3748000

""It was satisfying to know that S.O.B. will be in jail. It was satisfying to see him in shackles, the way he belongs," Fred Goldman said. "He still had that arrogant look on his face when he came in and that same look when he left. He committed a crime and he's going to be where he belongs, with others of his kind." "

And how many years later was that? 

Archived