The Siege of Memorial Bend

domus48

Not a modern home by any means -- in fact it bordered on somewhat kitschy:

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/403-W-Sa.../28043692_zpid/

Currently undergoing demolition. The remainder of this post can simply be read at: 523 Electra

Wow...I know where that house is, faces the freeway. Those round turret things always caught my eye. I predict soon there will be only flickering lantern houses, here. First stroke of bad luck was the freeway chopping of the 'hood. Reminds me of what happened to Riverside Terrace.

Look for another new mcmansion that will never sell to be the stepchild of the corner Memorial and Sam feeder mcmansion with perpetual for sale sign. Both the first cousin of Memorial Dr new construction that now has reduced price on the sign, I guess you get a reduced price when you get a sheet of plywood for a front door with spray paint numbers. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Memorial Bend seems to really have been a hotspot for spec mcmansion builders. The few homes they sold in the bubble years had driven prices up. But have a look at HAR and see how many are in there for sale now, and have been for sale for quite a while. I count 6 on HAR and not sure if there are more not yet on HAR. Will these homes now bring back down the prices in MB.

Yes those as well. I would really like any agents out there (you that like to sell lot only) Explain to me exactly the dividing line build date of a house that makes it "lot value only". Is it 1958? 1968? 1978? 1998?

Is it agents or builders that have given themselves the power to make that decision?

I'm not sure what 3 lots you're referring to, but of the 4 vacant lots I know of on the west side of the Bend, none of them are builder/developer spec homes. One lot is for sale, which could be bought by a developer, I suppose. The other three are people having their own home being built.

My intended response concerned existing lots (i.e. not properties for sale listed as lot only). In other words, along with the current new home properties mentioned above there are at least three existing lots that are likely to also be speculative homes as well.

This post excludes 523 Electra which is a "custom home".

• 5 weeks later...

the hansel house was gutted and has been fully updated, where the traviata house is not (near lot value they advertise). i still think it's too high - and i must not be alone judging by how long it's been on the market. i infer 12923 hansel across the street sold in the 400's. it's a mod fully updated. both being similar size, maybe the traditional update was thought to have been more marketable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Archived