Home At 10 Legend Ln.

BenH

This house has some nice early 50's mod details.  It has an open kitchen and den across the back with a tall sloped ceiling.  The kitchen is in the area where the ceiling is the highest and has an open grid at about 7-8' height and it has or had the built in Revco stainless steel separate refrigerator and freezer.  Those were very deluxe at the time. The design is similar to some of the earlier houses in Lake Jackson. 

I talked to architect Charles Flynn who lived across the street at #13 Legend Lane.  He said his firm did not design this house but implied he and his brother could have done a better design.  He was kind to give me a tour of his house.  This was just before he died.  He had built the house for his wife in the 1960's.  She did not like to cook and specified that no kitchen be installed but a small one was eventually added in a side room.  Flynn said it was only used 3-4 times.  The master bedroom was located at the back of the living room and reached by walking across the elevated fireplace hearth. They built a similar house for the 1962 Parade of Homes. Flynn and Flynn were twins and known as The Twins by their friends at UH who all worked for Phil Willard for their first job while in school and after. Flynn and Flynn were known mainly for designing laboratory buildings for oil companies. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This was my uncle's house, so many memories. The last time I stayed there was in 2009 and the power went out. I had fond memories of this place as I liked its modernist style and most importantly my uncle and aunt who lived there. My aunt just turned 80 actually 

• The title was changed to 10 Legend Lane for sale
  • The title was changed to Home At 10 Legend Ln.