New Downtown Toilet

i got this email showing a new public toilet supposedly in downtown houston, that's made entirely of two-way glass. so when you're inside, you can see out.

i looked it up online and found another forum discussing it, with the same pictures that were in the email. does this actually exist in houston? where is it?

houston public toilet discussion

houstoncleartoilet.jpg

houstoncleartoilet2.jpg

I might be willing to try this.

• 1 year later...

In San Francisco there were some really funky public toilets that sanitized themselves when you finished using them. The only problem was you had to wait about 10 minutes after somebody came out before you could go in while they did their automated cleaning process.

LOL I know what you are talking about Jax. They have those in Monte Carlo as well. My grandparents were using them and didn't know that they clean themselves and for some reason my grandmother couldn't get hers to work properly. So, after my grandfather was done he held the door open so she could go in and use it, all of a sudden all this water came out of every side of the wall. Needless to say when she came out she was soaking wet with a tint of blue.

I never laughed so hard in my life.

Oh the cost to use these toilets was about $3.00

LOL I know what you are talking about Jax. They have those in Monte Carlo as well. My grandparents were using them and didn't know that they clean themselves and for some reason my grandmother couldn't get hers to work properly. So, after my grandfather was done he held the door open so she could go in and use it, all of a sudden all this water came out of every side of the wall. Needless to say when she came out she was soaking wet with a tint of blue.

I never laughed so hard in my life.

Oh the cost to use these toilets was about $3.00

LOL, that's one of the funniest stories I've ever heard.

I used a couple of different cool toilets in Europe. One in a hostel the other in a restaurant.

The one in the restaurant was self cleaning, but I don't know if it was like the one you guys are talking about. It cleaned the top of the seat. Some scrubber would come out while the seat would rotate and cleaned itself. That was fancy.

The one in the hostel was more preventative. The seat had weights in the back so anytime it was unoccupied it would be up, so when you went #2, you just put the seat down. I thought it was genius.

This topic seemed too absurd but I guess anything is possible in Haifworld.

I recall reading (not sure why) about Paris around the turn of the century. They had or may still have outdoor sewer systems. Pretty much a little open canal that ran down the middle of the streets where residents could pour out their dirty water and human waste. Imagine the horrible odor?

Then there were outdoor public toilets which were designed like outhouses but your dangling legs and feet were clearly visible to pedestrian traffic. Imagine your friends waiting for you as you relieve yourself? and what about the ladies with all those layers of petticoats/bloomers?

These also did not have dividers between them so you could carry on a conversation with your neighbor. Granted this was for the well to do in those days. What do you think the poor people had to do?

but this clear thing is what must be a hoax. Must be. <_<:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
This topic seemed too absurd but I guess anything is possible in Haifworld.

I recall reading (not sure why) about Paris around the turn of the century. They had or may still have outdoor sewer systems. Pretty much a little open canal that ran down the middle of the streets where residents could pour out their dirty water and human waste. Imagine the horrible odor?

Then there were outdoor public toilets which were designed like outhouses but your dangling legs and feet were clearly visible to pedestrian traffic. Imagine your friends waiting for you as you relieve yourself? and what about the ladies with all those layers of petticoats/bloomers?

These also did not have dividers between them so you could carry on a conversation with your neighbor. Granted this was for the well to do in those days. What do you think the poor people had to do?

but this clear thing is what must be a hoax. Must be. <_<:lol:

Traveling Europe, I met a guy that visited Germany and said that there were holes in the ground in the middle of public for people to use the restroom in. There was zero privacy. And yes, he saw people using them.

Most middleastern countries have bathrooms with just holes in the ground. At the airport in Dubai it is this way. There is also "western"ized stalls now.

In India, the public "relief stations" have two rocks in front of each seat for people to knock together to cover up the sound of their flatulence because it is impolite to make that noise in public.

In Saudi Arabia there are no rolls of tissue in the public stalls. Just an empty coffee can filled with rusty water for the user to simply dip his fingers into when he/she is ready to cleanup.

Archived