"laws Of Chance" (abc Pilot) Location Shooting

I thought some of you might be interested in the locations. They're shooting in and area the Houston area from March 29 - April 8. Today it was downtown at Treebeards and next door.

My dad took these pictures:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAQAx8WGiw...LA/Im002144.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAQAx4W2Ss...rA/Im002143.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwA1A00WKzo...w/Im0021420.jpg

That's strange. There's no reason why they shouldn't work.

Here are the last two again. If they don't work, maybe you can try copying and pasting the URL into your address bar.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAJAyMWoCw...1g/Im002143.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwAAAFIW8jo...Q/Im0021420.jpg

"Laws of Chance" info from TV Tome:

"Laws of Chance" is based on the real-life exploits of Kelly Siegler and centers on a feisty female assistant district attorney in Houston who uses unconventional methods against the toughest old-boy Texas defense attorneys. Gary Glasberg (NBC's "Crossing Jordan") wrote the script and will serve as an executive producer.

Show Information

First Aired September 2005

Status New Series (Pilot Ordered)

Running Time 60 min

Country United States

Network ABC

Show Stars

Viola Davis - Rebecca

Fran Kranz - Lucas Baines

Bruce McGill -

Michael O'Neill -

Kadee Strickland -

OK, forgot that. Now try posted these into your address bar. If that doesn't work, I don't know:

groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAJAyMWoCwwCK29IL94OqxHXK*lN6q0BxJQQHnJsPLZZkj8faKE0f88nhaBAa5OiLEljj*qMTdca*p

B2spWOUJ!2G5HnFrcNAH2RuhgoTiqGLjY1Tfo1g/Im002143.jpg

groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwAAAFIW8jowCK29IL94Opsd4KaWf4nyLqaLIEgWvpHa6g5TvNvqTDiIVyi07tt68CaCKvDNo8ja3nz

W!BJhc8HzyWhaolRm7lqRVAkLHE!hgA3pn8dZqQ/Im0021420.jpg

I thought I was in preview mode or I would have corrected it, but I hit add reply instead.

Just found this: Another Real Court Room show like "Texas Justice" to be taped at te KRIV Studios.

April 1, 2005, 10:10AM

City is home to hits and misses

By MIKE MCDANIEL

Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

-------------------

This message has been edited to remove copyrighted material.

Please do not post copyrighted photos or articles from newspapers or magazines. We have already received a warning from the Houston Chronicle, and the legal departments of other publications have visited the site. If you would like to discuss a published article, please summarize the article and provide a link to the original source.

-------------------

Thanks, CityKid. That's interesting. Most of those are real stinkers, but there a few good ones.

I didn't know that Pet Psychic show was Houston based. What a stupid show.

OT: Please try and ignore all my typos and spelling errors. I make myself look like a real dunce. I don't notice them until after I've hit reply. I'm not that dumb. Really I'm not. Really. :)

Guest KOKON Steel

[Laws of Chance" info from TV Tome:

"Laws of Chance" is based on the real-life exploits of Kelly Siegler and centers on a feisty female assistant district attorney in Houston who uses unconventional methods against the toughest old-boy Texas defense attorneys. Gary Glasberg (NBC's "Crossing Jordan") wrote the script and will serve as an executive producer.

Let me guess- I bet the "toughest old boy Texas defense attorney" has a real fake southern acent, strolls into work in a horned Cadillac, and his daddy was able to put him through college with the oil money he earned. Oh the law office will have saloon doors and a place to tie up your horse/donkey. That's what hollywood wants.

Ever see the downtown hotel they stayed at in Bad News Bears 2?

Does anyone believe it will be different?

Uninspired K-KON

Let me guess- I bet the "toughest old boy Texas defense attorney" has a real fake southern acent, strolls into work in a horned Cadillac, and his daddy was able to put him through college with the oil money he earned. Oh the law office will have saloon doors and a place to tie up your horse/donkey. That's what hollywood wants.

Ever see the downtown hotel they stayed at in Bad News Bears 2?

Uninspired K-KON

I'll bet thats how its going to be and they are going to make Houston look like the countriest town. And everyone will talk slow. Look at where there shooting at. Does that look like something in a small town or a big city to you?

No doubt he'll be flamboyant and stereotypical. My image is someone along the lines of the actor who played "Uncle Bob" in Urban Cowboy. He'll wear a too tight brown suit and a cowboy hat, of course, and he'll go around saying "darlin'" and "sugar". Maybe he'll have an outline of a dip container in his back pocket.

It's cringeworthy, but what are we going to do. You know, this pilot may not even get picked up. If it does, I'll for sure watch out of curiousity, then I'll judge. Nothing ever turns out as awful as I expect. If it does, all I can do is laugh.

That's strange. There's no reason why they shouldn't work.

Here are the last two again. If they don't work, maybe you can try copying and pasting the URL into your address bar.

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SgAJAyMWoCw...1g/Im002143.jpg

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SwAAAFIW8jo...Q/Im0021420.jpg

Well I had it working in the preview post window, but then it stopped working. I will try and get it to work.

Again, cool pics.

I see what your problem was, it keeps adding an extra line of URL by itself that messes it up.

I hope you don't mind if I copy it and host on the place where I put my pics. If you do I'll take it off.

Guest danax

Uninspired K-KON

Hehe. I was thinking the same thing. Hollywood is all about fantasy and stereotypes so why should we expect anything else.

March 25, 2005, 12:15AM

AT THE COURTHOUSE

Cameras rolling for prosecutor TV drama

By ANDREW TILGHMAN

Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

Film crews will be in Houston this spring to begin shooting scenes for a new ABC legal drama based on the career of Harris County prosecutor Kelly Siegler.

Laws of Chance, from 20th Century Fox TV, will revolve around a feisty female assistant district attorney in Houston who uses unconventional methods to succeed in a world dominated by old-boy Texas attorneys.

Siegler drew national attention last year after demonstrating to jurors how she believed murder defendant Susan Wright, who later was convicted, tied her husband to a bed and stabbed him about 200 times.

Network executives approved the show's pilot earlier this year and the first season is in production for broadcast this fall.

Actress KaDee Strickland, 27, who appeared in last year's remake of The Stepford Wives with Nicole Kidman and played a guest role on the NBC series Law and Order, will play the show's lead character, Chance.

Siegler, 42, has agreed to work as a consultant for the show while she maintains her job at the district attorney's office.

She said she plans to travel to Los Angeles to advise the producers on how to make the show more realistic.

Courtroom scenes will be filmed in Los Angeles, but many outdoor scenes will be shot here, Siegler said.

There is another new show based in Houston about women selling property. I think its called "Hot Property."

Welcome to the Hot Property guide at TV Tome.

Feature writer Gail Gilchriest ("My Dog Skip") has landed a cast-contingent pilot order from the Peacock for a new comedy about three immoral real estate agents in Houston. The project, not to be confused with Suzanne Martin's similarly-titled comedy pilot "Hot Properties" at ABC, is set up at 20th Century Fox Television and Brad Grey Television

The writer of "Hot Property" is from Houston. Maybe they'll get some things right for once.

If neither of these shows are hits, or they just plain stink, at least we'll have "Animal Cops Houston". We can always count on it to showcase the best and brightest this city has to offer.

"Y'all git on off ma prop'ty or I'monna shootcha! Y'ain't takin' ma dawgs! Git!"

Sheer Money, Sheer Excess, Sheer Dallas

sheerdallas2_175.jpg

The hit TV series Dallas may be a thing of the past, but the city is still alive and well, full of rich, famous and fabulous people whose dynamic personalities exemplify the old saying that "everything's bigger in Texas." Get a glimpse behind the scenes when TLC invites viewers into the world of Sheer Dallas

Dallas is getting a new show on TLC called "Sheer Dallas." Its going to be a series thats all about the life style of the weatlh in Dallas, and the city of Dallas.

Sheer something else I won't mention in here. (I am not a fan of Dallas in the first place but go figure the competition has to be with Dallas and Houston competing for shows in the Lonestar state) sometimes I wish they'd say to the "hell with it lets do a show on San Antonio and let D/FW and Houston fight each other out!

Quiet a few celebs from Austin, too.

Did anyone catch the E! channel's "50 Steamiest Southern Stars" special last night? Texas came in at #1 with the most. But despite Houstonian Dennis Quaid being featured in the countdown and Beyonce coming in at #1, Jennifer Garner and Shannon Elizabeth both being born in Houston and Renee Zellweger being from just outside of Houston, there was no reference to Houston whatsoever on the countdown.

Are we like the Rodney Dangerfields of cities? lol! I really shouldn't obsess over this type of thing. It's just annoying, I tell you.

Plenty of references to Dallas and Austin. One Corpus Christi reference (Eva Longoria) and no San Antonio references.

I'm sure It'll be rebroadcast multiple times throughout the week. You know how the cable channels are. I think it's on late tonight.

Archived