What Happened On 104 KRBE?

midtown 4.2

Was anybody actually listening to the morning show the day Sam quit? I'd like to know exactly how he broke the news and how Maria took it.

I went to the Morning Show 12th yr anniversary celebration at the Grand Lux Cafe with special guest Ryan Cabrera, which was on March 26, so perhaps I saw Sam at his very last 104 public appearance? I liked him. Sorry to see him go.

:lol: I wish I could hear it too! Yeah, it sux that he left 104 before I could come back to H-Town. I don't care who the replacement is, so long as they kick ass, and are able to put Houston on the US radio map. Actually, I think the Sam Malone morning show was doing that around the time period that they had live web broadcasts.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry to burst your bubble, but 104 has to go out and hire a big name to replace Sam Malone.  They will not hire anyone who does not have the experience.  I also believe they will hire a man for the position and keep Maria as his sidekick.  Fair?  Probably not.  Realistic?  Yep.

Okay...here's the situation:

My friend is Nadine Ramkisson. She is an EXTREMELY EXTREMELY Big name.

Let's see cohosting (at one time, dancing coordinating, interviewing with Erique Iglasis, Destiny's Child, Shaggy, Pink, Usher (friends with), (many others I can't remember who she knows, also friends with the WWE cast members, friends with makers of Mossissimo fashions. As well as eventually becoming host of her own show that was shown world wide not just in Canada isn't big enough? As well as modeling.

FC-Ramkisson-Harapyn_articl.jpg

(on the left)

Former Electric Circus television host Nadine Ramkisson (left) and Star TV host Larysa Harapyn gather with other media types to meet the stars of Fashion Cares.
FASHION3.gif
right. From left, former Electric Circus host Nadine Ramkisson, in Patricia Field; Star City TV reporter Larysa Harapyn in Danier Leather; and Enza

My friend is Nadine Ramkisson. She is an EXTREMELY EXTREMELY Big name.

Dude, Nadine Ramkisson?! She's badass, yo!!! Could I meet her?

Nah for real, she's cool. I was a fan of hers when she was on the Electric Circus on MuchMusic. All their VJs were cool with me. but Nadine Ramkisson's a radio host as well?! I wasn't aware of that before (I unfortunately haven't had the chance to listen to any live Canadian radio.

Yo BayouCityGirl, exactly HOW do you know her? That's pretty cool! Do you really think a diva like Nadine would wanna host a Houston show? (that'd be sweet, yo!)

Dude, Nadine Ramkisson?! She's badass, yo!!! Could I meet her?

Nah for real, she's cool. I was a fan of hers when she was on the Electric Circus on MuchMusic. All their VJs were cool with me. but Nadine Ramkisson's a radio host as well?! I wasn't aware of that before (I unfortunately haven't had the chance to listen to any live Canadian radio.

Yo BayouCityGirl, exactly HOW do you know her? That's pretty cool! Do you really think a diva like Nadine would wanna host a Houston show? (that'd be sweet, yo!)

When I was at the Art Instiute I called up "Electric Circus, Much Music" asking for a job. She happened to answer the phone and told me who to write to. I used to be a online coorespondent (every Fri night) as a guest online. After she got let go from "EC" (long story) I started a petition to get her back on the air. It was so popular that it flew around Much Music (the people in charge of "EC" warned its dancers that if anyone signed it they'd be let go). It also went through some hands of some celebrities. Usher signed it and some Toronto Blue Jays. I met Nadine Physcially last summer (August), she picked me up at the airport and we pretty much hung out at the Jays game and Summer Slam. I think the coolest thing was inviting Booker T to have dinner with me and my friend on my bday. She's really really down to earth. She was down here 2 weeks ago. My brother wanted to meet Booker T (he's a BIG fan of Wrestling) so my brother paid for her to fly down and hotel and invited her to the wrestling match that just came to town (before Wrestlemania). So Nadine and I hung out as much as I we could for the week she was down here.

Oh man if Nadine could host a show down here that'd be awesome. Anyone who knew her off the show would know she has the personality definately. :)

I know of her because we're very good friends.

I think the last I heard from her is this morning when I called her in Toronto (but of course private conversation)

I unfornately don't think Nadine was ever a radio personality but I just think she has the smooth flow of talking that it could work for her.

I love her accent (Trinidad mixed with Canadian) she was born in Trinidad but she was raised in Canada. Funny thing is she LOVES Houston...seriously seriously LOVES it down here. I took her to the Galleria (she had fun) but then later took her to Harwin and she hasn't stopped talking about shopping in Harwin yet!

Before she left Houston to go to back to Toronto she had an overbooked flight and they offered her $300 for another flight to Toronto. However b/c her luggage was already checked in she didn't take the offer and she's kicking herself for it.

However, I'm so glad she loves it down here :-D

I know alot of people down here don't know who she is but she is hot in Canada and when I went up there she was getting stopped on the street to inquire what happened to her on "EC". Sad thing is she never got a final goodbye show (which would piss me off)

I googled her. I have to say I wasn't impressed with the result. But hey for krbe, I don't care if they get Radar the dog. I stopped listening to that crap a long time ago.

Ps - No offense to your friend, I hope soley for your sake that she gets it.

Radar the dog is all bark and no bite on the radio ;)

lol! well that's pretty much what KRBE is now isn't it :P

So Radar has some TV experience. Has anyone booked him for their private party?

:P

When I was at the Art Instiute I called up "Electric Circus, Much Music" asking for a job. She happened to answer the phone and told me who to write to. I used to be a online coorespondent (every Fri night) as a guest online. After she got let go from "EC" (long story) I started a petition to get her back on the air. It was so popular that it flew around Much Music (the people in charge of "EC" warned its dancers that if anyone signed it they'd be let go). It also went through some hands of some celebrities. Usher signed it and some Toronto Blue Jays. I met Nadine Physcially last summer (August), she picked me up at the airport and we pretty much hung out at the Jays game and Summer Slam. I think the coolest thing was inviting Booker T to have dinner with me and my friend on my bday. She's really really down to earth. She was down here 2 weeks ago. My brother wanted to meet Booker T (he's a BIG fan of Wrestling) so my brother paid for her to fly down and hotel and invited her to the wrestling match that just came to town (before Wrestlemania).  So Nadine and I hung out as much as I we could for the week she was down here.

Oh man if Nadine could host a show down here that'd be awesome. Anyone who knew her off the show would know she has the personality definately. :)

I know of her because we're very good friends.

I think the last I heard from her is this morning when I called her in Toronto (but of course private conversation)

I unfornately don't think Nadine was ever a radio personality but I just think she has the smooth flow of talking that it could work for her.

I love her accent (Trinidad mixed with Canadian) she was born in Trinidad but she was raised in Canada. Funny thing is she LOVES Houston...seriously seriously LOVES it down here. I took her to the Galleria (she had fun) but then later took her to Harwin and she hasn't stopped talking about shopping in Harwin yet!

Before she left Houston to go to back to Toronto she had an overbooked flight and they offered her $300 for another flight to Toronto. However b/c her luggage was already checked in she didn't take the offer and she's kicking herself for it.

However, I'm so glad she loves it down here :-D

I know alot of people down here don't know who she is but she is hot in Canada and when I went up there she was getting stopped on the street to inquire what happened to her on "EC". Sad thing is she never got a final goodbye show (which would piss me off)

You met Booker T in Toronto?! U know what's ironic about that? Word on the street has it that him and a lot of the other wrestlers on their off time live here in Houston :D

We could tell Nadine had Trinidadian in her, by the accent (I'm Jamaican-American, so, like, um, yeah...) MAD respect for your friendship with her, and she's got a friend and fan in South Korea if she wanted to know :-) What does she do now?

Well WWE SummerSlam was in Toronto last Aug 15th. I went to the "Texas Cafe" -I wanted to laugh at their memoribilla and how they make their food really (btw, their hot sauce is watered down! When Nadine came to dinner two weeks ago we took her to Pappasitos and gave her REAL Tex-Mex) we laughed when we told her to try the hot sauce. :P Of course she loved it!

I heard Booker T does come down here to visit (family) and go clubbing. what other wrestlers?

When I went to the Jays game in Toronto she started speaking Trindidadan to her friend. I mean it was REALLY REALLY fast. I was more like whoa! She is talking 100 MPH! LOL!

Right now she's currently still looking for work. The poltics at Much Music got REALLY bad.

To the person who googled her off the net. Much Music portrayed her as never being there. They took her pictures off the website, and treated her as if she did something wrong. The company changed over completely!

all I rememeber is talking to Nadine one day and she said she was going to an important meeting. So 2 days later I found out she was let go. She never got a last show with the dancers.

I started a peitition to bring her back:

"To: Electric Circus/Much Music

The time, Friday night. The setting, "Chum City", the location, Toronto, Ontario Canada. A Beautiful woman steps out among the crowd and sea of kids who are dancing in the background. Music is playing, and the party behind her going. "Hi, Welcome to another episode of "Electric Circus!", now imagine the music fading, the people fading, the crowds leaving the area they once yelled, danced at on the street corner of Queen St. West in Ontario, imagine the host fading, chats fall silent, and the camera goes black.

This can be a reality if we do not bring back Nadine Ramkisson. The famed host off the Canadian music television show, "Electric Circus". For 8 years she has come in our home, side by side with Juliette Powell until recently and a number of kids who danced on her show, also those on chat who supported her when we could be there in person to see her, but she was still thinking of us online!

I wish to give Nadine her job back. I, a Texan, who watched her show on Direct TV every Friday night, can't do this alone, but with the support of my fellow Americans, Canadians where the show was broadcast, and the rest of the world where as the show was International, we can make a difference.

After 8 long years, do you really want to see the party end?

I encourage this petition to be signed by everyone who cares and supports the beautiful young host and to give her, her job back where she belongs, "In the Media of Canadian TV"

Why let the good people go?

She deserves that spot, she has earned that spot at Much Music, and suddenly taken out of where she belongs. Something is NOT right, something is NOT right.

I encourage EVERYONE once again, no matter where from, to sign this and let EC know we mean business and show who her TRUE Fans are!

Peace, Love and Light,

"Texas"

(For our French Speaking Residents in French Canada, and Europe)

Le temps, la nuit de Vendredi. Le reglage, "la Ville de Chum", l'emplacement, Toronto, le Canada de Ontario. Un Beau femme hors entre la foule et mer de gosses qui dansent dans l'arri

Well WWE SummerSlam was in Toronto last Aug 15th. I went to the "Texas Cafe" -I wanted to laugh at their memoribilla and how they make their food really (btw, their hot sauce is watered down! When Nadine came to dinner two weeks ago we took her to Pappasitos and gave her REAL Tex-Mex) we laughed when we told her to try the hot sauce. :P Of course she loved it!

I heard Booker T does come down here to visit (family) and go clubbing. what other wrestlers?

When I went to the Jays game in Toronto she started speaking Trindidadan to her friend. I mean it was REALLY REALLY fast. I was more like whoa! She is talking 100 MPH! LOL!

Right now she's currently still looking for work. The poltics at Much Music got REALLY bad.

To the person who googled her off the net. Much Music portrayed her as never being there. They took her pictures off the website, and treated her as if she did something wrong. The company changed over completely!

all I rememeber is talking to Nadine one day and she said she was going to an important meeting. So 2 days later I found out she was let go. She never got a last show with the dancers.

Hmmm. You know, with what I'm starting up with my music, Nadine and I may be able to help each other out :-) Let me know if you're REALLY curious as to what I'm thinking.

I wonder why Much would treat anybody so badly aftershe did so much for them (Electric Circus, regular VJ, Much Awards, etc.) That sucks, yo. I hope that if she does end up at Much again, things go more in a positive direction.

Ah, wrestlers that I've heard hang around the Houston Area sometimes. I've heard sightings of a bunch of them hang out at our restaurants. Not sure if it's safe to name them, or they may pounce me, but just think of any Texas wrestler (and there's a LOT of them)

best of luck to Sam Malone, and best of luck to Nadine. Oh, and special announcement: BayouCityGirl has officially joined 27 on the honorary V Lawrence Kick-Ass Club! Congrats!

Much Music got to be REALLY bad and I warned that their show would go off the air ((EC) and it did! I don't think she'll return to Much as bad as they treated her! But she does have friends there though.

I have heard wrestlers hanging out in Houston as well :)

Best of luck to Sam Malone as well! I Am still wishing the best on Nadine. She is SO YOUNG! I mean she definately needs a breakout chance.

Thanks DJ :) I certainly appreciate it. Where do you DJ btw? maybe she can drop in on ya next time she's in Htown!

Much Music got to be REALLY bad and I warned that their show would go off the air ((EC) and it did! I don't think she'll return to Much as bad as they treated her! But she does have friends there though.

I have heard wrestlers hanging out in Houston as well :)

Best of luck to Sam Malone as well! I Am still wishing the best on Nadine. She is SO YOUNG! I mean she definately needs a breakout chance.

Thanks DJ :) I certainly appreciate it. Where do you DJ btw? maybe she can drop in on ya next time she's in Htown!

Unfortunately, i spin in Korea right now, and am going on a possible Asian tour this Summer if I don't go straight back to Houston, so I may not spin there anytime in the next few months. However, me and my crew will have a website up on the net within May, so you could check us and our music out that way :-). Yo, if the tour goes well, and Nadine's interested, maybe she could mc a gig or two here in the Far East? Possibly even join our crew once we get our international status to where we wanna be? Just a thought :-) (U'd be invited too) btw, when I DO come back to H-Town, you both are more than invited as well :-)

I wonder what kind of sickkick 104's looking for to co-host with Maria Todd.

DJ V - Are you from Houston originally?

INDEED B) born and raised. Alief area's my home, Richmond Strip is where I roamed, Sugarland is where I relaxed, Galleria's where I shopped 'til I collapsed. Galveston made me a slacker, and Astroworld's sun made me blacker. San Jacinto made me humble like Humble, but Downtown's beauty made my heart crumble.

With all our firefighters without lighters, police officers with no lost desires, teachers and preachers, DJs and freeways, creative babies and sexy ladies, doctors and nurses, Nightclubs and churches, business people that volunteer equal-ly? Import cars, dreams without walls, and citizens that helped put our foundation down, I am proud to call Houston MY town.

Hrm... I wonder what the demographic is for those morning talk shows? I mean, I'd rather listen to traffic reports than that. I guess they mostly talk about celebrities?

You know I think we should have a Elected Officials Radio Station. Where we can get the lowdown on which one of our public officials has been naughty. Like DeLay. Where else could we get more info on their actions the decisions? This way, at least some of us could be more informed come election time.

Elsik right here!! Class of 99. Alief bred. My husband Class of 97 Hastings High.

HASTINKS!!! hahahaha

ELSUUUUK!!!!!! hahahahaha!!! You probably know some of my family members. They went to Elsik around the same time you and your hubby did :-) Does anyone with the last name of McKenzie ring a bell? Alief RULES!! I got familia at both schools now!!!

ELSUUUUK!!!!!! hahahahaha!!! You probably know some of my family members. They went to Elsik around the same time you and your hubby did :-) Does anyone with the last name of McKenzie ring a bell? Alief RULES!! I got familia at both schools now!!!

no those doesn't ring a bell. Were they in any sports? I was on the swim team, choir, cheerleading. Does the last name Faccuseh ring a bell?

in regard to the whole Sam Malone thing... I work in the clear channel building and that is the big buzz going around here. He won't be on air until 6 months from now. I reallyu enjoyed the morning show and will probably be tuning into his Talk radio show when it comes on.

Hey atleast we still have Adam Smasher. That guy cracks me up!!

That is the ClearChannel's plan. Make the radio so lousy so much that adults will migrate to satellite radio.

Houston radio is disgusting.... everything sux. everything. minus NPR, NewsRadio, and The SportsAnimal.

i'll agree that houston radio sux. and houston am radio is even worse (49 percent hispanic, 49 percent christian radio, and 1 percent news)!

You forgot about the 1 percent Vietnamese!

I think there is some worth while listening here.

93.7 - classic rock

94.5 - modern rock

96.5 - modern & recent top 40

97.5 - modern & classic rock

106.9 - 80's retro

107.5 - oldies

Theres a jazz station in there somewhere, but I can never catch it..

I gave up on 97.9, 104.1 & 104.9. I'm tired of hearing the same old crap. Maybe if they didn't play what the record execs told them to, and just stuck with a little thing called "good taste" & "common sense", they might be able to keep a listener. When it comes to hip-hop in my car though, its up to me to bring the cd's.

Also, what a shame about 92.1. They played a much better mix of classical music than NPR could.

Oh, of course for talk I like a little AM-950. :)

i do like magic 102.1FM and tend to listen to george noory at midnight on 740AM. outside of that i basically listen to KPFT and that's about it. i did TRY 101.1FM when it went "latino and proud" but i can only take so many airings of 'gasolina' before i go numb.

They play the same crap ONTOP of Mix 96.5 doing the same!

A friend in England (online) listened to 96.5 and screamed, "This is horrible!" (the guy listens to rock music) but that tells ya something right there doesn't it?

They repeat music ALL day!

The country stations are no better. They are too concerned with repeating slow country music, or bashing each other with how many commericals the other has played. (I don't give a #$##$@! how many more commericals one station has over another!)

To that person who works for Clear Channel, tell KRBE to fix their "listen live online" button. Everytime I try to press the button to listen to it I go back to the main page!

Houston radio is the bottom of the barrel.

As much as I love Houston your statement is absolutely correct. I don't know what it is about radio here but it's terrible. They seem to play nothing but the cliche songs from each of the artists.

Truly though radio everywhere sucks, just not as bad as Houston's. Like someone said earlier I just keep my cd's handy. They sound so much better anyway.

A friend in England (online) listened to 96.5 and screamed, "This is horrible!" (the guy listens to rock music) but that tells ya something right there doesn't it?

They repeat music ALL day!

And we all know that if you are from England you are music expert!!!! What !!!

BTW, a friend of mine from Serbia read your post and screamed "This is Horrible"

whether you think KRBE or any Radio in Houston is all up to the person listening.

I usually listen to Mix 96.5, KRBE, and some country stations. I am not paying $10 for satalite (because i'm on a budget) so I'll deal with what I got. If I don't want to hear the radio stations I'll turn it off.

Archived