What Are The Worst/bes Local Ads You Can Think Of?

BayouCityGirl

The latest object of my derision is the American Express financial ad for baby boomers, telling us we deserve our own investment group. Why? Because baby boomers are such self-centered pricks that no one else can handle them? They steal all of the good music from the 60s and early 70s and ruin it.

Albert Brooks wrote a column about it that explains it far better than I.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9938335/site/newsweek/

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the radio now, there is an ad for NBC shows. The ad has 3 characters acting like they're morning show DJ's and they're talking about the shows that are coming on that night. They talk about how funny the characters (Joey, or Will & Grace) are or how instense the shows are (E.R. or Law & Order).

It annoys the "F" out of me, because no real morning show DJ with any credibility would ever plug any of NBC's current shows, and the ad sounds like a lame attempt to brainwash the weak. What's worse is that I can't stand when someone tells me to watch a show because they think its: 1. funny, or 2. well-written - when its clearly neither.

Go to hell NBC. I'll just catch Seinfield re-runs on WB.

The Best: (As if there were any)

The BMW commercial they had with the SUV going Downtown.

The smoking commercial with all the Hurse's (sp?) going downtown on Allen Parkway, and all the kids like "Wtf mates?"

Thats all I can think of.

Another annoying one:

The Liz Taylor commercials where she like says one thing, and then dramatic music, and its some girl whispering about some perfume. I don't get it...

Annoying commercial: The one for The Hand Center that has been playing for years, where the milquetoast hand doctor has been holding his 1-year old on his lap and softly saying "....just like I care for my little girl Sophie," ......that kid must be in 5th grade by now! :rolleyes: and to think of him actually having sex makes me want to barf! He'd be like the CPR instructor on that episode of Family Guy...*shudder*

Annoying commercial: The one for The Hand Center that has been playing for years, where the milquetoast hand doctor has been holding his 1-year old on his lap and softly saying "....just like I care for my little girl Sophie," ......that kid must be in 5th grade by now! :rolleyes: and to think of him actually having sex makes me want to barf! He'd be like the CPR instructor on that episode of Family Guy...*shudder*

His voice is so fake... And I hate how someone in the backround is doing something to make "Sophie" do all those baby cliche' noises. It kinda makes her look mentally ill.

And have you ever driven past and seen that pile of old, wet, smelly beanbags under their sign? Yeah, that makes me want to buy stuff from them.

some major changes are headed for kprc - the scoop www.isiahcarey.blogspot.com is on this website.

• 1 month later...

My favorite is the Free Enterpise Fund's commercial for DeLay, "It's Not a Crime to be a Conservative" :lol:

No one has said it is or has even implied it...except for the Free Enterprise Fund. Poor Tom...so persecuted.

The commercial is a hoot. :D

B)

Archived