What Are The Worst/bes Local Ads You Can Think Of?

BayouCityGirl

I havea couple ads I can't stand...

1. Taco Cabana and the old guy playing the Guitar and asking "Is there a fajitia bush?"

I get kinda lost with that!

2. ANY car/truck ad! (includes radio car/truck ads too) -I love it when an announcer is in a helicopter and says "We're live over "this lot"! I'm sure they are when I'm driving to work so early in the morning (before dawn)

my brother hates the "Whataburger bisquit sandwich" ad and funny enough he went to Whataburger the same day! LOL!

My dad used to hate the Casa Ole' ads with Jose Lima (remember those?) well my dad said he'd stop eating at Casa Ole' until it was taken off (and he was being sarcastic! LOL!

One of my favorite ads was actually shown in Canada but some Canadians said they hated it.

A guy is walking on a sidewalk and he sees a leaf and screams.

the announcer says "Yep! Summer's Over, hurry into Pizza Hut for our.. (whatever special)

The other was this family having a picnic and a leaf falls on this person's shoulder and the person screams (and the pizza hut ad continues!)

I think b/c I am not from Canada and the fact we get summer almost all year long I found it hilarious! :)

Well those are some of my fav/dislike ads what are ya'lls?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
All those stupid college commercials for NIT, ITT Tech, Texas School of Business, etc. They're so annoying! And so are all lawyer commercials; Jim Adler, Adley & Associates... jeez, man.

like Smith and Hasslar?

LOL! you seem to remember every Tech school out there! LOL! :)

I hate the lawyer ads too!

OOH! AND THAT'S A FACT, JACK. OHH. *chainsaw buzzing*

Ironcially he named the baby girl "Paris" yeaaa that is a REAL original name! I am SO Not a fan of the little boy! I mean he's just thinking that little boy is SO cute!!

The one I don't like also is the furniture store with the "Superman" flying across the screen and I can't hear anything the salesmen say.

Oh, it has to be Lawrence Marshall.

Here's an overview:

Helicopter shot of a pine forest, interrupted by a brutal expanse of asphalt, with hundreds of unsold (unwanted?) automobiles.

Insistant sound of a telephone ringing: Ring...Ring...Ring...Ring...Ring...

The dumb-asses have put the only working phone in the middle of a car storage lot. Cut to a cute aging jock, who picks up the phone and says "Hello, Lawrence Marshall!"

He then puts down the phone and gives his speil, ignoring whoever was calling.

Now there's a ringing endorsement of their service!

We don't answer our phone, and after we do, we ignore you. Gee, can't wait to deal with y'all!

Any ad for Gallery Furniture, including their non-TV advertising. Anyone remember the huge "TODAY" billboards all over town a year or two ago that said nothing else?

And fortunately these ads have been gone from Houston TV for a very long time, but the old Worthington Chevrolet ads ("It's Cal Worthington and his dog Spot!" and then some weird animal would come out with Cal riding on it or standing next to it and they'd play that annoying "If you want a brand new car go see Cal..." song) were pretty awful too. Unfortunately the Worthingtons still have dealerships in other parts of the country and they are STILL running those same old ads. I have stumbled across them occassionally in the last few years while traveling.

I also vote for the Jose Lima Casa Ole commercial. I was so glad when that one disappeared.

How about ads for the Short Angry Lawyer?

Short Angry Lawyers?? I don't remember that one.

I remember Cal Worthington! :D (I remember him with a monkee or something)

what about Kathy from "Auto Insurance" (I hate it when radio DJ's say they are with their friend "Kathy from auto insurance") yea I am sure they are friends! Its called a little green inbetween! (hands) ;)

There's this one local ad where the company doctor tells all of his patients "Back to work" until one of them says "Doctor, he's dead." The doctor replies "Light duty." That commercial is so bad it's funny.

Jim Adler commercials are also shown in DFW, unfortunately. One thing that's different about Houston lawyer commericals and Dallas ones is that some of the Houston ones actually tell Bible stories.

Also, that fast-talking fat guy for the satellite dish company does commercials at least up to Oklahoma.

Really what eppie?

I like the Charmin ad (even though its not local its cute! with the dancing/singing cartoon bears :)

So we no longer say "episode," it's "eppie?" And to think that i was bothered by "veggie" and "info."

And how is that cute? Bears leave huge piles of crap.

Anyway, I'm a fan of the really bad ads. Examples:

- Jim Adler

- Steve whatever his name is, but he shouldn't be in his own ads. "WE'LL FIGHT FOR YOU I AM LAWYERBOT 5000."

- Carpet Giant

- Suit Mart

- Glass With Class

- Vista Cars And Trucks

Oh yeah. I forgot about Kathy from Auto Insurance Discounters (her voice makes my skin crawl) and the Carpet Giant man. That guy scares me - he always is wearing the same ugly shirt in every ad and the way he says "Carpet Giant" is really strange.

As for Gallery Furniture I think the all time worst was when Mac was inside of a mattress. I once heard that the reason he stopped jumping when he pulled out the wad of money was that he threw his back out filming one of those ads and could no longer do the jump.

There's also the ANCIENT Discount Tire Co. ad that still pops up occassionally with the old woman throwing the tire she bought from them and didn't like through the store's front window. I remember seeing that when I was about four years old (and that was over 25 years ago).

Ooooh, the Augusta Pines commercial really sounded horrible! "where the city meets the country" the singers clash sooo horribly!

Don't forget "more home for your moneeeh- palm Harbor Homes!"

Oh, and those food city commercials were cheesy, too!

Don't forget about that gulfton dude, of course...

C&D scrap metal! We'll even pay you with 2 dollar bills!

There is this one furniture store-I forgot what it is, but their commercials sounded like :You'll save money...DARLIN'!

Yes, our commercials suck!

Really what eppie?

I like the Charmin ad (even though its not local its cute! with the dancing/singing cartoon bears :)

I was at a festival once where Charmin sponsored the Port-a-potties. Except that instead of individual johns, it was a tractor trailer divided into 20 individual bathrooms complete with running water, wallpaper, sinks and mirrors, and all the Charmin you could use. They were the cleanest temporary toilets I ever used. After each person would come out, a team of cleaners would sanitize the place, it would be inspected, and then the next person would be allowed into his or her own personal throne room.

It was free, but each stall had a little flat screen monitor playing an endless loop of Charmin bear commericals. I had no idea there were so many. I was in there for at least 10 minutes, and it never looped. Who knew?

There's also the ANCIENT Discount Tire Co. ad that still pops up occassionally with the old woman throwing the tire she bought from them and didn't like through the store's front window. I remember seeing that when I was about four years old (and that was over 25 years ago).

now, i laughed my ass of when i first saw that one becuase one of my friends back home in new york had a crappy celluar phone but the store wouldn't work with him on getting it fixed or repalced so one day he whipped it through store's front plate glass window. just like that commercial.

:lol:

Archived