Take the HAIFinance Challenge

editor

Maybe we should just call you Bear Stearns.

The way it works in an ETF, these are the top ten holdings that I basically have a stake in as of today:

JPMORGAN CHASE & CO COM 8.82%

BANK OF AMERICA CORP COM 7.67%

WELLS FARGO & CO COM STK 6.54%

CITIGROUP INC COM STK 4.96%

US BANCORP DELAWARE COM 3.35%

GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC 3.11%

BANK OF NEW YORK MELLON 2.31%

AMERICAN EXPRESS CO COM 1.74%

CME GROUP INC COM STK 1.61%

MERRILL LYNCH & CO INC 1.54%

But:

Ultra Financials ProShares seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to twice (200%) the daily performance of the Dow Jones U.S. Financials Index.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Highway6 Secret Sally, looks like you have been working overtime on your Google Spreadsheet and did not mention anything.

VERY nice touch with the updated graph, I did not think this could get any more data detailed than it already has.

All joking aside, you put in a real nice effort into this HAIFinance Challenge Tracker.

Everyone check out the updated sheet.

HAIF Challenge Weekly Update -

One week down, 10.5 weeks to go.

Champ of the week - BryanS for managing to hold on to the most money thus far while the majority of us had terrible starts.

Goat of the week - native_houstonian who led the charge into the red losing 25% of his portfolio. Let's hope his Sirius radio picks up plenty of Blues stations.

Till next week..

gallery_1072_87_75804.jpg

HAIF Challenge Weekly Update -

One week down, 10.5 weeks to go.

Champ of the week - BryanS for managing to hold on to the most money thus far while the majority of us had terrible starts.

Goat of the week - native_houstonian who led the charge into the red losing 25% of his portfolio. Let's hope his Sirius radio picks up plenty of Blues stations.

Till next week..

gallery_1072_87_75804.jpg

Well, at least I am in the middle of the bunch.

If it were a weekly reality show, I'd be safe still :lol:

Nice pun with the Blues joke HWY6

What do you think that he would've done differently that would've so completely changed the outcome?

BTW, don't forget that the chairman of the board of governors is only one of seven members. They may set the tone, but they aren't exactly dictatorial. They all have 14-year terms, and all of those currently holding a position have been appointed by George W. Bush...although that certainly wasn't always the case.

As with most things political, this issue is more complex than the notion that a single figurehead controls everything that happens.

Reported thread. Keep it on topic please.

We should have put into the rules that you could sell at any point before the end of the year.

You gotta know when to hold'em and when to fold'em kinda thing.

Instead of having everyone selling on the last day of the year, it would have been cool to have the option of selling early and locking in that price.. and then we compare at the end of the year when those that haven't yet sold are forced to.

The Market has not been nice to the players lately. Hang in there it's still early. Once they get the volumes back up, the Market should stabilize some. Too much money on the sidelines lately, and small things bring big swings with these low volumes.

Another tough week. Two players on the green.

I could have been better off taking my $1000 and going to Vegas. There is still time though..... :wacko:

We're roughly 1/3 of the way through this challenge. Are we having fun yet? I know I sure am.

I feel your pain Chamo.. You and I have had the biggest freefalls in in the past week.

gallery_1072_87_147556.jpg

Given the fact that I am actually waiting to buy in real life the stocks that I have in the challenge, I am disappointed to be doing so well. But, the Asian markets are tanking again tonight, so maybe I can buy in the next few days.

Given the fact that I am actually waiting to buy in real life the stocks that I have in the challenge, I am disappointed to be doing so well. But, the Asian markets are tanking again tonight, so maybe I can buy in the next few days.

Highway6 is at $250 now.

Yikes!

I should have created a dummy entry that buys a lottery ticket each day to see how it would have compared.

You should take your $1000 and deflate it from when you started to what the dollar values holds in the end, but at this rate, you still may come out on top.

Nice try H6...............looks good though :lol:

Dammit..

I have no idea whats going on with the stock price there. The spreadsheet automatically pulls the current stock price from google. I even tested it in another cell... still pulling 9.25, even though if you go to google's BE page.. that obviously isnt the right price. [ Type in =GoogleFinance("BE"; "price") in any google doc cell.. you'll get the same wrong data ]

It's a google error.. not a highway6 error... and i'm sure it will clear itself up by the end of the day... unfortunately.

It would appear I'm officially the first financial trader booted off the island though if my stock has been delisted.

I Am the weakest link... the biggest loser.... Goodbye !! :(

-----------

NYSE to kill sub-penny rule, relist stocks

http://www.reuters.com/article/ousiv/idUSTRE4AD63P20081114

Maybe i'll get lucky.. honestly.. i have no clue what the hell is going on.

----------

From http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=be

Changed Ticker Symbol

'BE' is no longer valid. It has changed to BRGP.PK.

Can i just have my $1000 back ??

Archived