Ike: You can put lipstick on a hurricane....?

Porchman

Quote from guy on the Weather Channel:

[Houston] "They're just so populated, they're a disaster waiting to happpen".

Our new slogan, perhaps? :D

Quote from Ted Oberg (Channel 13)

[standing at about 30th and Seawall] Something to the effect of 'People who haven't evacuated here don't watch that much news'

[People surfing in background]

What's your media Ike-hype fun? I know you're watching :P

what the...

anderson cooper just reported that local galveston officials, dont know if thats county or city, reported "If you dont leave, you face certain death"

Also reported storm surge on galveston should be 22'... over the 17' seawall.

edit.. may have been ntl weather service that said that.

I put this in the regular Ike thread before seeing this one...

Anderson cooper just reported that local galveston officials said " If you dont leave, you face certain death"

what the...

anderson cooper just reported that local galveston officials, dont know if thats county or city, reported "If you dont leave, you face certain death"

Also reported storm surge on galveston should be 22'... over the 17' seawall.

edit.. may have been ntl weather service that said that.

...And I was just about to put your quote in here. OOO! Hurricane kismet.

Joel Eisebaum from KPRC Channel 2 was interviewing some surfers a minute ago asking them if they knew that the Mayor of Galveston had declared a mandatory evacuation. One of the kids said that "he's not our mayor". Joel quickly informed them that the mayor was a "she" to which they both simultaneously replied "SO??"

lol..

During these press conferences that sign language lady always looks like she is confused and lost. no way she is translating all of that correctly. Reading her lips, she's telling a completely different story.

You think she is telling all the deaf people to evacuate to Pasadena as some sort of cruel practical joke?

You think she is telling all the deaf people to evacuate to Pasadena as some sort of cruel practical joke?

No, something far less threatening - my expert lip reading skills detected something about doritos and an inner-tube. haha...the guy just said "...those of you who are hearing this are..." something something, and she totally stumbled at translating it and made a nice face.

No, something far less threatening - my expert lip reading skills detected something about doritos and an inner-tube. haha...the guy just said "...those of you who are hearing this are..." something something, and she totally stumbled at translating it and made a nice face.

I like my diabolical plan better.

during gustov the idiot geraldo (jerry rivers) rivera was out on the streets running around with a hand held anemometer :rolleyes:

I always love how the media gets out in the open in a storm to tell us how everyone around is going to die.....like the media has some kind of get out of death free card because they are the media :rolleyes:

About 30 minutes ago, we saw a guy in a bear suit on the seawall in Galveston on KHOU. The reporter tried to ignore him, then told the camera to pan over for another shot of a pier breaking up. We were outraged. Piers break up in hurricanes; that's not news. Dude dressed like Booboo Bear in a hurricane - that's news!

We keep going back to see if they'll show the bear again, but no luck. Now we're worried. Did someone shoot him? Was he swept out to sea?

About 30 minutes ago, we saw a guy in a bear suit on the seawall in Galveston on KHOU. The reporter tried to ignore him, then told the camera to pan over for another shot of a pier breaking up. We were outraged. Piers break up in hurricanes; that's not news. Dude dressed like Booboo Bear in a hurricane - that's news!

We keep going back to see if they'll show the bear again, but no luck. Now we're worried. Did someone shoot him? Was he swept out to sea?

bearsuit.jpg

Archived