Ike: Best Hurricane Beverages

memebag

There's a lot of discussion of what to drink if the power goes out on other threads. I thought I'd start a topic just about that subject.

My vote is for cognac because it shouldn't be refrigerated and it makes even the most primitive setting feel supremely civilized. Hennesy XO, if you have it.

What about the rest of you lushes?

There's a lot of discussion of what to drink if the power goes out on other threads. I thought I'd start a topic just about that subject.

My vote is for cognac because it shouldn't be refrigerated and it makes even the most primitive setting feel supremely civilized. Hennesy XO, if you have it.

What about the rest of you lushes?

My drink of choice is a nice boxed chardonnay from Target. That's how I roll. I'm thinking if I stick a couple of icees in the box it'll stay chilly for a while.

If it was anywhere else along the Gulf coast I'd say a classic New Orleans Hurricane. In Florida I'd say rum.

But we're talking about Texas. As far as I'm concerned, that means you drink beer until it gets warm or the skies get dark. Then you switch to whiskey/burbon/rye. Everyone gets their own bottle.

:lol: I know it's in the image name. The white guy is always "rescuing" and the black guy is always "looting". Maybe he's just saving a few beers for later.

It's a shame no one knows the real story on that dude. He wasn't looting. He was delivering life saving refreshment to a convent of nuns trapped by the swirling waters.

The best part is the one in his back pocket...no Heine' left behind!!

Okay, this thread is just beyond. . .

Lets just temporarily rename this site www.theIKE.info/.com whatever.

I am tired of Ike already and it aint even here yet!

. . . I need a drink! :rolleyes:

margaritas here...but I ran out of ALL orange liquor (cointrou and grand marnier sp?)and now its just teq. and mix. The mix will be gone tomorrow...so when you see the drunk WT person on TV that could be me..or just someone else from Baytown..hahah

Dude.jpg

You know, it probably goes without saying, but the Dude's drink of choice, the Caucasian, is probably the WORST hurrican drink, due to its reliance on half and half as a mixer. Perhaps a Black Russian (an African? An African Alexiev? Help me out here, macbro.) would be a better choice.

First vodka tonic down the hatch!

#2 in progress. I think after this I'll switch to the bourbon, then if I'm awake scotch to top it off. I'm looking forward to grilling stuff this weekend too. But I was wicked disappointed that the Kroger didn't have any cheddar-wurst. Sausage is not fatty enough on its own, I need cheese in there too.

Vodka number two, away she goes!

We just ate crawfish etouffe. I did not cook the roux down as long as usual, but it was still good. Our freezer is full of crawfish tails and shrimp. No steak for us. :( Things could definitely be worse. My neighbor across the street is weeding her flower bed. Think I'll bring her a beer and go visit a while.

Where's Red? Hope he isn't out of Capn Morgans yet. He'll be looting the Heights for rum. Yarrrr!

Vodka number two, away she goes!

We just ate crawfish etouffe. I did not cook the roux down as long as usual, but it was still good. Our freezer is full of crawfish tails and shrimp. No steak for us. :( Things could definitely be worse. My neighbor across the street is weeding her flower bed. Think I'll bring her a beer and go visit a while.

Where's Red? Hope he isn't out of Capn Morgans yet. He'll be looting the Heights for rum. Yarrrr!

Nope, got a full glass right now! I was out entertaining the neighbors. I'm actually surprised at how many hurricane virgins there are around here. I would wager that half the Houston population or more has never been through a direct hit.

Archived