Ike: Prayer

houstonmacbro

Okay, I am pretty open to just about anything, but church and religion are on the out fringes of my "just about anything."

This message from Pastor Caldwell, while well-meaning, is frankly, just ... odd. I received it from a friend who attends Kingdom Builders/Windsor Village Church.

Maybe some of you religious types care to jump in on this?

Dear B****,

With Hurricane Ike heading toward the Texas Coast, I want to encourage you to keep praying, be prepared, be safe, and be at Church this weekend, if possible.

Blessings,

Kirbyjon H. Caldwell

Stand in your front or back yard, extend your hand in the direction of the Gulf of Mexico and speak to Hurricane Ike.

Pray with the authority that has been given to you in Jesus Christ and pray in faith. Please pray this prayer out loud and with fervency and determination. God has placed His power in our verbal expressions so lift up your voice. Believe that your prayers will produce results in Jesus' name.

Please pray this prayer 1-2 times per day.

Thank you, in advance, for standing on the wall for Houston.

A Prayer Against Hurricane Ike

Father, there is none like You. You are great and Your Name is great in might. Who would not fear You, O King of the nations? This is Your rightful due. Among all the wise men of the nations and in all their kingdoms there is none like You. We acknowledge You as Lord over the United States. Thank You for blessing our great city. Thank You for Your continued love, grace, and provision.

Using the authority given to us in the Name of Jesus, we speak to Hurricane Ike and we command the winds and storms to dissipate. We command the peace of God to be still within Hurricane Ike and we declare that Ike will not bring harm or devastation to Houston and the surrounding coastal areas.

Lord, we ask You to touch the heart of every believer in this area to pray against this hurricane.

Father, please forgive us for our many sins. Please forgive disobedience, rebellion, unbelief, forms of idolatry, shedding of innocent blood, and the rejection of Your Son, Jesus Christ. God have mercy on the Houston Metropolitan Area.

Lord, help us to overcome our temptations and deliver us from this impending destruction. We ask You to destroy every satanic assignment against us.

Now to You, the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, to You who alone is wise be honor and glory forever and ever. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Scripture References for the Written Text: Jeremiah 10:6-7, Mark 4:39, Matthew 6:13, I Timothy 1:17

Okay, I am pretty open to just about anything, but church and religion are on the out fringes of my "just about anything."

This message from Pastor Caldwell, while well-meaning, is frankly, just ... odd. I received it from a friend who attends Kingdom Builders/Windsor Village Church.

Maybe some of you religious types care to jump in on this?

Dear B****,

With Hurricane Ike heading toward the Texas Coast, I want to encourage you to keep praying, be prepared, be safe, and be at Church this weekend, if possible.

Blessings,

Kirbyjon H. Caldwell

Stand in your front or back yard, extend your hand in the direction of the Gulf of Mexico and speak to Hurricane Ike.

Pray with the authority that has been given to you in Jesus Christ and pray in faith. Please pray this prayer out loud and with fervency and determination. God has placed His power in our verbal expressions so lift up your voice. Believe that your prayers will produce results in Jesus' name.

Please pray this prayer 1-2 times per day.

Thank you, in advance, for standing on the wall for Houston.

A Prayer Against Hurricane Ike

Father, there is none like You. You are great and Your Name is great in might. Who would not fear You, O King of the nations? This is Your rightful due. Among all the wise men of the nations and in all their kingdoms there is none like You. We acknowledge You as Lord over the United States. Thank You for blessing our great city. Thank You for Your continued love, grace, and provision.

Using the authority given to us in the Name of Jesus, we speak to Hurricane Ike and we command the winds and storms to dissipate. We command the peace of God to be still within Hurricane Ike and we declare that Ike will not bring harm or devastation to Houston and the surrounding coastal areas.

Lord, we ask You to touch the heart of every believer in this area to pray against this hurricane.

Father, please forgive us for our many sins. Please forgive disobedience, rebellion, unbelief, forms of idolatry, shedding of innocent blood, and the rejection of Your Son, Jesus Christ. God have mercy on the Houston Metropolitan Area.

Lord, help us to overcome our temptations and deliver us from this impending destruction. We ask You to destroy every satanic assignment against us.

Now to You, the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, to You who alone is wise be honor and glory forever and ever. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Scripture References for the Written Text: Jeremiah 10:6-7, Mark 4:39, Matthew 6:13, I Timothy 1:17

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA. :lol:

...wait, catching breath...

And I'm a Christian! Good grief, Kirbyjon Caldwell. You've outdone yourself this time. :rolleyes:

...wait, catching breath...

And I'm a Christian! Good grief, Kirbyjon Caldwell. You've outdone yourself this time. :rolleyes:

LOL, my sentiments exactly. I heard about this from someone else. I guess there are some Windsor Village members standing on the beach speaking in tongues. IN THE NAME OF JESUS, I REBUKE YOU IKE! SHA-BA-BA-BOSHA!

Staying on topic, here's an old gospel song called "The Storm is Passing Over." You don't have to be a Christian or religious to enjoy it. Beautiful harmonies, thumping beat, bluesy piano, etc...

I guess everyone has their way of coping with a crisis. If it's not hurting anyone, good for them.

A lot of people on this forum recommend drinking to get through the storm. It seems to me that praying is a lot better way to do it than drinking, especially if you're talking about opportunity costs.

I guess everyone has their way of coping with a crisis. If it's not hurting anyone, good for them.

A lot of people on this forum recommend drinking to get through the storm. It seems to me that praying is a lot better way to do it than drinking, especially if you're talking about opportunity costs.

I'll go the Catholic route. Pray and Drink! :P

I don't attend this church anymore, but got this email today and I'm quite touched that they have provided a way to receive assistance if needed. To me this is what makes the difference between an extraordinary church and one that just feels like you go thru the motions.

All indications suggest Hurricane Ike is coming to Houston. We all must make the necessary preparations to keep our families safe.

As a church, this is a time for the Foundry family to reach out to church members and those in our community; this is what our fall Reaching Beyond Yourself emphasis is all about. When God sees people in need, he calls us to respond. It might be providing shelter for a friend who lives in southeast Houston. It might be helping a neighbor remove a downed tree from their yard. It might be helping put sandbags out to prevent flooding.

Hurricane Ike has changed our plans and business as normal --As we prepare for the storm, please note the following:

Sunday Morning:

All Sunday morning services will be combined into three family services in the sanctuary at the Jones Road campus.

Services will meet at 8:15, 9:20 and 10:40 a.m. Children will worship with their families in the sanctuary.

The 8:15 worship service will be abbreviated. Immediately after the service, any members who would like to assist those affected by Ike in our community will leave to begin offering assistance. Please bring any of the following items available on Sunday morning:

Mosquito Repellant

Bottled Water

Work Gloves

Chain Saw

Personal Tools

Safety Glasses

Flash Lights and batteries

Crow Bar

Hand Wipes and antibacterial hand cleaner

Rope

Change of clothes

Rubber Boots

Cash

Buckets with cleaning supplies

If you have suffered storm damage and are in need of help, we will do the best we can, with the volunteers we have, to assist you. Please contact, via text message, the pastor assigned to you according the first letter of your last name.

Last Names beginning with: Pastor Assigned: Cell phone #:

A-F Godfrey Hubert 281-xxx-xxxx

G-L Rene Truan 832-xxx-xxxx

M-Q Mike Gammill 281-xxx-xxxx

R-V Ray Hughes 281-xxx-xxxx

W-Z Lynda Zelenka 713-xxx-xxxx

Please remember, if phone lines or cell phones do not work - text messaging on cell phones uses a different technology and will often work.

If we do not have a direct hit and our members are not in need of assistance, we will send our Disaster Trailer with a team of six to the area of greatest damage. If you would like to help with this ministry, please be prepared to leave on Sunday morning after the 8:15 service.

Note: Emergency Response Crews (any uniformed officials) require 72 hours after storms to rescue victims and assess damage. Please be conscientious and try to stay out of their way as you assist others.

All Foundry evening activities are cancelled Thursday through Sunday.

I don't attend this church anymore, but got this email today and I'm quite touched that they have provided a way to receive assistance if needed. To me this is what makes the difference between an extraordinary church and one that just feels like you go thru the motions.

All indications suggest Hurricane Ike is coming to Houston. We all must make the necessary preparations to keep our families safe.

As a church, this is a time for the Foundry family to reach out to church members and those in our community; this is what our fall Reaching Beyond Yourself emphasis is all about. When God sees people in need, he calls us to respond. It might be providing shelter for a friend who lives in southeast Houston. It might be helping a neighbor remove a downed tree from their yard. It might be helping put sandbags out to prevent flooding.

Hurricane Ike has changed our plans and business as normal --As we prepare for the storm, please note the following:

Sunday Morning:

All Sunday morning services will be combined into three family services in the sanctuary at the Jones Road campus.

Services will meet at 8:15, 9:20 and 10:40 a.m. Children will worship with their families in the sanctuary.

The 8:15 worship service will be abbreviated. Immediately after the service, any members who would like to assist those affected by Ike in our community will leave to begin offering assistance. Please bring any of the following items available on Sunday morning:

Mosquito Repellant

Bottled Water

Work Gloves

Chain Saw

Personal Tools

Safety Glasses

Flash Lights and batteries

Crow Bar

Hand Wipes and antibacterial hand cleaner

Rope

Change of clothes

Rubber Boots

Cash

Buckets with cleaning supplies

If you have suffered storm damage and are in need of help, we will do the best we can, with the volunteers we have, to assist you. Please contact, via text message, the pastor assigned to you according the first letter of your last name.

Last Names beginning with: Pastor Assigned: Cell phone #:

A-F Godfrey Hubert 281-xxx-xxxx

G-L Rene Truan 832-xxx-xxxx

M-Q Mike Gammill 281-xxx-xxxx

R-V Ray Hughes 281-xxx-xxxx

W-Z Lynda Zelenka 713-xxx-xxxx

Please remember, if phone lines or cell phones do not work - text messaging on cell phones uses a different technology and will often work.

If we do not have a direct hit and our members are not in need of assistance, we will send our Disaster Trailer with a team of six to the area of greatest damage. If you would like to help with this ministry, please be prepared to leave on Sunday morning after the 8:15 service.

Note: Emergency Response Crews (any uniformed officials) require 72 hours after storms to rescue victims and assess damage. Please be conscientious and try to stay out of their way as you assist others.

All Foundry evening activities are cancelled Thursday through Sunday.

Now that's a church!

Well sure. I am not saying prayer is a waste of effort, but ...

... I bet the people that died recently in Cuba and Haiti prayed too when Gustav and Ike were passing over. Many of them died anyhow.

Same for the tsunami in Indonesia a few years back.

I am just saying that prayer works when it works. It's not so good when it doesn't.

I bet the people that died recently in Cuba and Haiti prayed too when Gustav and Ike were passing over. Many of them died anyhow.

I bet some of the people who died recently in Cuba and Haiti didn't pray when Gustav and Ike were passing over. Many of them died anyhow.

I also bet some of the people who died recently in Cuba and Haiti drank heavily when Gustav and Ike were passing over. Many of them died anyhow.

I bet some of the people who died recently in Cuba and Haiti didn't pray when Gustav and Ike were passing over. Many of them died anyhow.

I also bet some of the people who died recently in Cuba and Haiti drank heavily when Gustav and Ike were passing over. Many of them died anyhow.

That reminds me. I almost forgot to buy my rum. I'll see y'all in a few.

Archived