Tombstone pizza machine

Dominax

In college we had a pizza machine like that, and the fry machine. Both worked pretty well, but the fry machine was more fun because the front was plexiglass. You could watch the frozen fries slide down a chute into a little bucket of boiling oil, then watch the bucket drain and the fries slide into a drip grate where they'd be seasoned and then slide down again into the paper bucket waiting at the bottom.

On a winter's night in central Pennsylvania, this is high quality entertainment.

If we're going to have "venting" machines, could these be far behind?

suicide-booth.jpg

I keed.

And I can't imagine that vending machine pizza is going to be edible, yet alone taste good. :huh:

As I recall, it was OK. Good enough for a college student at 2am when all you have is laundry quarters. It was about the same quality as those individual-serving microwave Tombstone pizzas that come six in a bag in the frozen food section.

....those individual-serving microwave Tombstone pizzas that come six in a bag in the frozen food section.

I love the Tombstone Deep dish personal pizzas. However, I don't microwave them. I go for the 15-20 minutes Toaster Oven wait.

My guess is that the vending machine will microwave them, so I would really need to be hungry and in a hurry to get one from a vending machine.

On a side note, I'm not a big fan of vending machines, specially the ones inside restrooms...... :ph34r:

I need to know more about this french fry vending machine. That sounds just too good to be true.

Once I almost bought a corndog machine at a flea market. It wasn't just a machine, it was a self- contained carnival booth for mechanical mass production. I love corndogs, but it was a bit too much of investment just for conversational value and the occasional big party. But, to this day I still think of how I could be the traveling Korndog King.

where in central Pa was this editor?

I haven't run into any here in south central yankee land (Pa-just above the Mason-Dixon line in case i have to make a quick exit- hahahah)...i'll keep my eye out for the machines...

I'll be the one person that gets the pizza that burned up, or all the toppings slid off and all I get is the crust...or my fries burned up in the oil that you see through the glass with a mouse that got in the machine... :wacko:

oops! sorry Topo...don't read that last statement!

I need to know more about this french fry vending machine. That sounds just too good to be true.

A 7-11 in Sagemont used to have a french fry/chicken nuggest machine. It wasn't a vending machine, but an automated deep fat fryer. You bought boxes of fries, chicken nuggets or a mix of the two in the freezer, put it into the top of the machine and pushed a button. It dumped the box in the fat, fried the food, drained it and dumped it back into the box at the bottom.

It tasted about the same as the McDonalds alternative. Maybe a few more feathers and beaks per nugget, but pretty close.

I just found this on Craigslist, for those with $3k deep frying a hole in their pocket...

This vending machine stands the height and width of a Pepsi machine and has an illuminated tombstone pizza display on the front. It can prepare hot foods such as tombstone pizza, hot dogs, oreida fries, oreo brownies, tyson chicken nuggets and so much more! The food is stored in an interior hidden freezer. When the consumer makes a selection, the food is moved to an interior high pressure oven. In about 90 seconds the food is delivered through a slot in the front in an attractive container.

If you're not into buying used, WonderPizza has a new unit. Here's a demo video:

Holy crap, y'all. This is what I get for linking to stuff on HAIF:

http://consumerist.com/5046847/tombstone-p...r-of-apocalypse

Consumerist linked to my blog today (this whole vending machine pizza thing seems to have struck a collective nerve) and assploded my poor little traffic meter. :lol:

Funny. If I detect some trickle-down lovin' to HAIF, I'll let you know.

• 1 year later...

Pizza Machine

I wonder if its real does it come out 'hot" :lol:

pizzamachine.jpg

Here is a link to a video made of a Tombstone Pizza (branded) vending machine that serves 2 types of pizza (pepperoni and cheese), Hot Choice chicken fingers, Hot Choice fries and Kraft grilled cheese:

The video shows each type of food (pizza, french fries, chicken fingers and grilled cheese) after it is purchased, and heated up.

The machine is in the Best Western in Rockland, MA.

Archived