Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Randyt7801

Almeda Mall

104 posts in this topic

We did a lot of our shopping at Almeda Mall growing up. I don't remember the pirate ship in Foley's but I remember the elevator with the outer space theme and the rainbow tunnel that went from the children's section into the china section. There was also a room setup in the furniture section I thought was so cool; the back wall was made to look like a big window and there were fake trees between the windowpane and the real wall. I remember when they redid the floor in cosmetics to the pink and white tile and I thought it was SO FANCY. My mom always bought my Easter dresses at that Palais Royal, back when it looked like a real department store.

I also remember licking my ice cream cone from Baskin & Robbins in the food court and the ice cream fell off, and I cried. And Dad taking us to Picadilly, b/c it was closer to the house than Luby's on Fuqua. Our truck got stolen from the movie theater that used to be in that strip by the old Steak & Ale.

Sorry to bring up an old topic, but I've got a question that's been nagging me. Around 1994-1996 friends and family used to go to an amusement center in the area of Almeda Mall. All I remember is that it was a nondescript metal building with no company name located behind the Target/Marshall's shopping center nearby. It was an arcade with indoor batting cages. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the place (never knew it to begin with.) Does anyone remember this place?

That's it, thanks! Pleasantly surprised they're still open. Kinda amusing to see that old Astros mural is still up in the batting cage area.

Edited by TheGreenMeanie