Lazybrook Information & Developments

sunsetHeightsOwner

This is my first post on here, I have been reading post since I bought a house in Sunset Heights. I love all the inside info.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these three Townhomes that are being built on 27th street just east of Yale. I have driven by them a few times and have seen that they have Garages in the back that face what use to be an alley that is not their anymore. I wonder what the idea with that is? There is no more room for them to build a drive way back to the garages since they used up every inch of land to build the three townhomes. I would not want to buy anything that has a garage that cannot be used.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is my first post on here, I have been reading post since I bought a house in Sunset Heights. I love all the inside info.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about these three Townhomes that are being built on 27th street just east of Yale. I have driven by them a few times and have seen that they have Garages in the back that face what use to be an alley that is not their anymore. I wonder what the idea with that is? There is no more room for them to build a drive way back to the garages since they used up every inch of land to build the three townhomes. I would not want to buy anything that has a garage that cannot be used.

The garages have access from the alley. Look between the stop n' shop at E. 27th @ Yale and the auto repair@ E. 26th and Yale. The illegal fence on the alley has been removed to allow alley access to the new garages. Hopefully it will become a full alley between Yale and Harvard as it used to be.

And welcome from a fellow Sunset Heights homeowner.

B)

The garages have access from the alley. Look between the stop n' shop at E. 27th @ Yale and the auto repair@ E. 26th and Yale. The illegal fence on the alley has been removed to allow alley access to the new garages. Hopefully it will become a full alley between Yale and Harvard as it used to be.

And welcome from a fellow Sunset Heights homeowner.

B)

That would work for me. I did not notice that. The only problem it looks like with the alley going all the way through would be that there are some perm. looking structures on the other end towards Harvard. Would the city make them move those structures out of the way? How would you go about supporting the alley opening back up?

That would work for me. I did not notice that. The only problem it looks like with the alley going all the way through would be that there are some perm. looking structures on the other end towards Harvard. Would the city make them move those structures out of the way? How would you go about supporting the alley opening back up?

I'm all for opening that alley up all the way. It's city property being used illegally by a private individual. In fact, this is how I got started on this forum"

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...ic=2986&hl=

• 1 month later...
I noticed a sign on the feeder this week. Maybe it has been there a long time? It reads: "Houston Height Historic District." No "s," just H-E-I-G-H-T...

Just thought I'd share this fun fact. Maybe a tagger should get out there and do some good? ;)

or you could conform and change your name to lilyheight. :)

I noticed a sign on the feeder this week. Maybe it has been there a long time? It reads: "Houston Height Historic District." No "s," just H-E-I-G-H-T...

Just thought I'd share this fun fact. Maybe a tagger should get out there and do some good? ;)

Be surprised how many spelling errors there are in our street signage. We have an exit called Tellepson. City did street repairs about a year ago and placed new sign that says Tellespon. The other day on the news a news reporter even read it wrong, hilarious! so now it has a new name I guess.

The exit was mentioned because of the 2 people that drowned at the underpass there last summer. Not to stray from subject but City placed new alert signal lights to warn drivers in flash floods and it has been crushed by a dui driver. More tax payers $ erased. :(

A cross street would be more helpful. I sure wish I could watch them build it interesting to me as I am a follower of Gothic-Victorian architecture. I think I saw it yesterday as I passed around 10th & Oxford snapping photos. It's great when they add the towers or oriel windows to them.

Simply smashing idea I must say!

A cross street would be more helpful. I sure wish I could watch them build it interesting to me as I am a follower of Gothic-Victorian architecture. I think I saw it yesterday as I passed around 10th & Oxford snapping photos. It's great when they add the towers or oriel windows to them.

Simply smashing idea I must say!

It's on the West side of Heights Boulevard between 11th and 12th Street. It's got a three-story, circular tower.

It's on the West side of Heights Boulevard between 11th and 12th Street. It's got a three-story, circular tower.

I don't know for sure but I would bet that building will be office space. It's built to look like a home but is absolutely humongous. Similar in idea to the ones on lower Heights (by harry james) and the one built at 18th and Heights by Paul Gomberg several years ago that is a law office. You ought to see this house/office, it is a whopper. The garage eclipses the sun.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my own question answered. It's going to be a private residence, and is being built by a couple that currently lives in the area. I think it's going to be almost 13,000 sq ft.

Kudos...it looks amazing so far.

I'll try. So what is the exact intersection?

This is what TIKO said above:

If you can't no big deal. We can imagine. :)

I took some with my cell camera last night. Sorry for the picture quality.

Pyramid builders is the construction firm. Interesting, because everything else I've seen from them has been of some kind of Spanish/Tuscan style.

post-3469-1175262138.jpg

post-3469-1175262144.jpg

post-3469-1175262152.jpg

post-3469-1175262160.jpg

post-3469-1175262169.jpg

post-3469-1175262174.jpg

Pyramid builders is the construction firm. Interesting, because everything else I've seen from them has been of some kind of Spanish/Tuscan style.

Fantastico! great job!

Everyone in Houston should have a cool lookout tower like that. They will have an excellent view of the city too. Seems they will have a pretty big "extra" home/garage in the back. Taxman is gonna sock it to them though.Cheers :lol:

• 1 year later...

Hi - I'm doing a a bathroom remodel and need to rent a dumpter to haul away the debris. Can anyone provide me with contact details for some of the companies that handle this? I'm just west of the Heights in Lazybrook.

Thanks

Hi - I'm doing a a bathroom remodel and need to rent a dumpter to haul away the debris. Can anyone provide me with contact details for some of the companies that handle this? I'm just west of the Heights in Lazybrook.

Thanks

I've used Aztec Rental in the past with good results. There phone number is (713) 681-1383.

Waste Management - https://www.dumpster.com/

Went to the web site... tried to get a quote... this is what I got. How much does a 20 yd, 30 yd dumpster run?

Based on your zip code and service selections, we cannot currently handle your request online. For further assistance please contact the service center nearest you at: 888-736-0908.

There is usually a $50 - 75 delivery fee and the difference between a 20 and 30 yd is usually $20-30. So go ahead and get the 30 yd. It will come out to about $400.

These companies also have containers:

Gainsborough

Lone Star Disposal

Sprint Waste

Dennis Williams

• 1 year later...

Got an e'mail from the HHA for those of us living on the West siiiiiiide...that they will now allow us to partake in what the east side is already enjoying (where the less, shall we say, fiery folks live).....

shall i post the e'mail here? i guess it doesn't matter...

Got an e'mail from the HHA for those of us living on the West siiiiiiide...that they will now allow us to partake in what the east side is already enjoying (where the less, shall we say, fiery folks live).....

shall i post the e'mail here? i guess it doesn't matter...

Post it! I'll be one that will sign up. I got to meet with the guys that will be patrolling and I think it will really help our community out. Its still in the "testing the waters" phase so they need signatures of people who would be interested in participating.

Archived