Broadstone Post Oak: Multifamily At 3100 Post Oak Blvd.

Bad news, another low-rise apartment. I think this is the same plot....

http://blog.chron.co...-galleria-area/

Alliance-600x388.jpg

it's not so bad man. Residential spurs retail, and evening retail at that. I think all this low rise residential development will have a big positive impact for in/close to the loop retail, better than office buildings. I also think that while the housing crash has been a drain on the economy, it has had a huge positive impact for those who are looking for a more dense Houston with better retail and walkability.

I think it's kinda dinky for such a prime location.

i don't find this location all that "prime" to be honest with you... i'm okay w this project and the residential density it will provide. not ever plot can be a glamorous high rise.

Edited by swtsig

Kinda' wished they went a big bigger, but this should help out quite a bit with people who work in the area that can't afford to live in any of the high rises in the area. I'm guessing this will be "affordable" living in the area. Then again, once this is built, it might force some of the other apartment buildings to be a bit more competitive.

Relatively speaking of course. Galleria area prices are always going to be crazy high.

was in the Real estate Bisnow

http://www.bisnow.com/real-estate-hou/2012/04/10/the-deal-sheet-444/

nothing really new

Alliance Communities purchased 3.5 acres on Post Oak Boulevard and Transco One Drive in the heart of the Galleria. The plan: Build a 272-unit multifamily building with a parking garage.
Construction on the five-story building will launch this month and complete in Q1 '14.

• 1 month later...

Went by today on the way to work. The drained main pond structure has almost been rebuilt - albeit about a 50% smaller footprint. At least they left some of it and some of the nice cypress trees. The rest of the old pond footprint has been back-filled. Looks like they are beginning to start on foundation work now.

What do they do with all the wildlife from the pond? The ducks, swans, fish, turtles? Do they fend for themselves?

Went by today on the way to work. The drained main pond structure has almost been rebuilt - albeit about a 50% smaller footprint. At least they left some of it and some of the nice cypress trees. The rest of the old pond footprint has been back-filled. Looks like they are beginning to start on foundation work now.

What do they do with all the wildlife from the pond? The ducks, swans, fish, turtles? Do they fend for themselves?

Have no idea - but the other retaining ponds on the site by back by the Bechtel and other office buildings are still there and full of water. (and I believe they are actuall all interconnected under the roads) So maybe the critters relocated themselves.

That's a darn good question. I doubt anybody took the time to make sure there were no turtles or fish or anything else in the water before just pushing dirt in it. To be honest, now I'm worried...

They pumped all the water out first - took a few days. Wasn't around when they got it drained low to see if they caught the fish and put them in the other ponds. Or took them home and ate them.

The pond connected to the other pond across the road/bridge, then they barricaded it. So, if anything, when it reopens, the adjacent wildlife will repopulate the newer, smaller pond.

• 3 months later...

I saw that - not quite a tower crane though. It's more of a mini tower with about 10 large concrete counter-weights balanced on the back.

I'm still watching the construction race with the Hines development behind the Waterwall. I think Hines is still slightly ahead - even though there is a delay on one half of the property while they demolished the old sales office of the Turnberry development.

I'm still watching the construction race with the Hines development behind the Waterwall. I think Hines is still slightly ahead - even though there is a delay on one half of the property while they demolished the old sales office of the Turnberry development.

The sales office is long gone now. I guess you might have meant *was instead of *is.

I could swear that little crane has been up and active for almost a month now.

*shrugs shoulders*

Might have been, but I did not notice it before when I drove by.

With all the crane talk for BLVD Place, just wondered why no one mentioned this one.

Edited by Pumapayam

With all the crane talk for BLVD Place, just wondered why no one mentioned this one.

It's because this site is less prominent, much smaller, and is a generic multi-family complex. BLVD Place has been one of the most anticipated developments in the city for quite a while. Also, BLVD Place's constant delays made it feel like it was never going to happen, so ANYTHING happening on the site is huge.

Besides, the big tower crane just looks cooler. ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What's up with the funky water color? 

It's a glacial lake, hence the very light coloring.  

I ended up at the Galleria this weekend and saw this up close.  It will be much nicer when they have the building up to shield off the parking garage.  I was wondering why they had so much CMU exposed but then I see on here that you won't be seeing it anyway.