Broadstone Post Oak: Multifamily At 3100 Post Oak Blvd.

I had never heard of Waldorf Astoria.

Thats a really expensive Hotel in NYC, I thought everybody had heard of it. Haven't you seen Coming to America? That is the Hotel Prince Akeem Joffer's parents and entourage stayed in when they come to get their son.

The WALDORF?? Really? I'm more in line with swtsig on this one, as much as it would be awesome to have one here, I can't believe they would pick THAT location.

I can see them picking somewhere further down Post oak, Demo'ing something else to build it. Perhaps even Downtown and take up a block. Hell, Maybe even a block or two in midtown, but THAT location?

Unless I see dirt moving around, along with a giant sign saying "Waldorf Astoria coming soon", I won't believe it.

Thats a really expensive Hotel in NYC, I thought everybody had heard of it. Haven't you seen Coming to America? That is the Hotel Prince Akeem Joffer's parents and entourage stayed in when they come to get their son.

Yeah, I have seen parts of it but never the whole thing. I don't remember anything about a hotel. Hey, I didn't know what W and Meridian hotels were two years ago either ;P

And I'm with everyone else, when I first posted it, I was surprised they would build almost any kind of hotel at that site. But the info they've posted is still conflicting. I think their website says office but the .pdf and other things says hotel...so who knows.

Yeah, I have seen parts of it but never the whole thing. I don't remember anything about a hotel. Hey, I didn't know what W and Meridian hotels were two years ago either ;P

And I'm with everyone else, when I first posted it, I was surprised they would build almost any kind of hotel at that site. But the info they've posted is still conflicting. I think their website says office but the .pdf and other things says hotel...so who knows.

you should netflix it. a great movie.

maybe I'm dumb and blind, but I can't find anything on their site, and it isn't listed here either:

http://www.waldorfastoria.com/future-openings/

• 1 year later...

lockmat lately posted a paulkweton.com link to Morris Architects' 2008 proposal for this site. Thank you, lockmat! It's also good to see architects coming from Wien and beyond to Southeast Texas to work, as long as they're concentrating what can be distinctive about the place and then building from it.

• 8 months later...

Does anybody know if this thing is back on again? There is a new fence all around the property that went up this week. It looks like the same as the construction fence that is around the Skanska development (3009 Post Oak) just up the street from it. Didn't see any equipment this morning though.

just an fyi, I emailed hcad as to why this address was not listed and this is the response I received, "We haven’t added the address to our system. It is new construction for 2012, account 1307850010001."

I don't know what that means, I've been told probably nothing. Just wanted to put that out there for speculation.

If this website is correc

Same people who developed this up the street:

http://www.liveatall...oneUptownLofts/

That would be quite a letdown from all the other proposals...

If this is correct, expect a letdown :(

5-Story 272 Unit Wood-Framed Apartment Building With Common Area Lobby, Clubhouse, Fitness Areas And Attached 7-Story Parking Garage.

http://www.theaustinoffice.info/01-12-12%20-%20Houston.html

5-Story 272 Unit Wood-Framed Apartment Building With Common Area Lobby, Clubhouse, Fitness Areas And Attached 7-Story Parking Garage.

So 5 stories is the new 4 stories for apartments. At least it will line up nicely with the Manhattan and Empire next door.

I remember that the 90's it was all 3 stories.

Eventually all apartments will be 10 story midrises.

I am ok with it, it was an ugly empty lot for too long, and we still have plenty of lots to build taller buildings.

McCue and Richmond is one example nearby.

I'm shocked that in Lockmat's link that from start to completion is only scheduled for six months. Doesn't that seem a little quick?

As far as empty lots go - this one wasn't particularly ugly. It was a open grassy area with decent trees on one side and the lake on the other. People were always using if for playing, fly fishing lessons, etc. Now the real ugly lot is still there - right across the drive - the one with the old Mason Jar and TGI FRiday's footprint.

• Like 1

That's the one, the lot does not include that whole block? I thought it would. My bad.

Unfortunately, no - it is not what is fenced in. They actually have construction fencing going across the little island in the pond there. I hope they are just blocking that off for safety and not actually tearing up part of the pond. That made a nice little park there - would be a loss for another 5 story non-descript apartment building.

And this morning there was dirt-moving equipment being unloaded on the property.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. Did they give a reason why? Who is responsible for the pond, Empire or someone else?

Note from Crocker Partners dated March 29th indicates that the property has been sold and the new owners are planning to build a residential complex. The development of the property will extend over a portion of the lake area, which is now owned by them. We have been instructed that the lower lakes will be drained in order to start construction of the project. The memo says we anticipate that the lower lakes (closest to Post Oak) will be without water for approximately 3 months.

Edited by indoil
  • Like 1