PNC Plaza & Mixed-Use At 2120 Post Oak Blvd.

lockmat

• 3 weeks later...

Today they have been removing the sidewalk on the North edge of the lot. They are picking up sections of the sidewalk (which is less than a year old) with a forklift and putting on a dump truck. Hopefully it means they're about to break ground.

• Like 3

i've been told they are breaking ground on both the hotel/apt and office this summer. i can believe the hotel/apt but i'll beleive the office when i see it.  that said the office design will be a hit on this board. i'm just surprised it hasn't leaked already.

• Like 2

i've been told they are breaking ground on both the hotel/apt and office this summer. i can believe the hotel/apt but i'll beleive the office when i see it.  that said the office design will be a hit on this board. i'm just surprised it hasn't leaked already.

wasn't the office design leaked in the prior hotel/apt renderings?  Wasn't the office in the background?  Or was that just a filler building that's not meant to represent the office building?

wasn't the office design leaked in the prior hotel/apt renderings?  Wasn't the office in the background?  Or was that just a filler building that's not meant to represent the office building?

technically it was but you really couldn't make it out all that well. there are quality hi-res renderings that have been out for months.

much obliged, as per the heads up swtsig.  however, are we to believe that the management officials, are going to try in earnest to develop these two prospectives prior to the super bowl?  additionally, wouldn't the hotel/apt concept become a hit with HAIF members as well.. are or the most current renderings a bit subdued?

office they're both called the perennial.

Edited by monarch
  • Like 2

YIKES!  one can only pray as per the good man above.. that both of these mixed use concepts, may in fact produce better forthcoming / updated / modern renderings.  imo, both of the prospective designs harken back to the (80's) when i was still in high school.  the hotel concept, is foreboding, dull, way to much earth tones, albeit browns, darkness everywhere...  i could only imagine just what a visitor from new york, dubai, london, or anywhere upon this great earth..  would think of staying there overnight.  the only thing upon my opinion that is altogether enlightening... is it's proposed 36 floor height factor.  any proposed edifice in houston that is close to 40 floors.. would certainly entertain my vote of confidence.

the tower concept, is a very haphazard design to say the very least.  just what in the world was the architectural firm thinking vs dreaming?  again dark, old, foreboding, it's as if they took one of the enron buildings from downtown.. and started to butcher it like crazy, until they realized their mistake.  then they decided to try and piece it back together again.  i guess, something along the lines of "humpty ENRON dumpty".  i guess we could call it that!

midway cos, has become the new essential, as per design innovation as per the city of houston.  i for one, could just only imagine what midway cos., could do with this piece of prime real estate upon post oak.  it would be such.. that only dreams are indeed made of.     

• Like 2

I love both buildings' designs.

The bigger picture for me is that both are almost assuredly 360-500 feet tall. For DT that's nothing, just another skyscraper somewhere in the concrete jungle circled by the 69/10/45 loop. For Uptown, this will immensely start filling in holes. That skyline is pretty linear and it's built from 59/610 north to where Uptown Park is in that manner.

Uptown covers such a massive land area, where if a towers' design doesn't appease you, it's nothing to fret, there'll be more in the districts tenure to compensate a lackluster design or two.

• Like 1

this is fan-freaking-tastic! i count 30 stories on the office tower. am i the only one that could envision a spire on top of the office tower? heh.. quite possibly my second favorite office tower going up or planned to go up soon, right behind 609 Main. i really dig the curvy design.

It won't be a w or ritz. Doubt Redstone would buil for a third party flag. The office bldg is 28 stories.

With blvd place and the proposed mf highrise on ambassador way there's about to be some serious densification in this area.... Assuming the office bldg gets built.

• Like 1

Both buildings look splendid, but I'm actually curious about what the site plan looks like. Position the office tower so far in back I'm guess that its also facing the opposite street? Just curious to see a more bird's eye view of this whole thing

Both buildings look splendid, but I'm actually curious about what the site plan looks like. Position the office tower so far in back I'm guess that its also facing the opposite street? Just curious to see a more bird's eye view of this whole thing

If you want to see a recent aerial view, go to google maps, look for the intersection of Post Oak Blvd and Guilford Ct.  Then click on "satellite view".  The image looks fairly recent.  The site of the proposed office building is the vacant lot with ~16 or so cars parked on it.  It has a small amount of frontage on Guilford, but otherwise it is hemmed on the west by the Dominion high-rise apartments and some recent 5-story-or-so apartments.

For those who are interested in what's going on in the area, the Google satellite view pics look to be quite recent, less than a year old, I'd guess.  You can see buildings under construction like the Hanover apartment tower in BLVD Place, the new BHP Billiton Tower, the Titan, River Oaks District.  Pretty cool to see them from above.  The lot where Belfiore is going up still shows as a vacant lot, but that site just got started late last year or early this year, I think.

Edited by ArchFan