lockmat

• 3 months later...

446-unit mixed-use tower by Gables Residential. Manhattan Construction is the GC; construction expected to begin early next year. I'm guessing this is the 2nd phase to BBVA Compass Plaza, but I'm not entirely sure. I don't remember Gables ever being a part of that development team. I counted 36-floors.

10759989836_6e4a3abec8_b.jpg

Edited by Urbannizer
  • Like 9

Awesome! If this is office, then we're looking at yet another building topping 500' in Houston!

I would add that I am cautiously optimistic because that is prolly the cheapest rendering I've seen since the Chevron tower. Looks tacky. Do big companies not believe in decent renderings any more?

Edited by wxman
  • Like 1

That site plan is definetely at BBVA Compass Plaza. it looks great, who is the architect?

I believe HKS is the architect.

Awesome! If this is office, then we're looking at yet another building topping 500' in Houston!

I would add that I am cautiously optimistic because that is prolly the cheapest rendering I've seen since the Chevron tower. Looks tacky. Do big companies not believe in decent renderings any more?

I'm sure we'll see better renderings when the project is announced officially by the developer.

It's mixed use and those are residential balconies. Seems residential and hotel.

Edited by lockmat
  • Like 1

Given his track record many are willing to give the benifit of the doubt

It wasn't directed at the hard work Urbannizer does. It was a simple statement that the rendering looked a little cartoonish. Further, I finished by saying that this forum has seen renderings like this come to fruition. Just curious as to where the rendering came from.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...