lockmat

gene posted this in the BLVD Place thread in January...

ps...they have not renewed leases in the old compass bank building at the corner of westheimer and post oak (2200 post oak blvd) and it seems most of the tenants will be asked to leave by summer or end of year...

bye bye ugly building...you will be missed!

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...st&p=225944

Now we have this...

Redstone Cos. is preparing to raze the Compass Bank building on Post Oak and replace it with a new development -- a move that real estate watchers have been speculating about for years.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...html?ana=e_ph#1

Hopefully it's not premature to post this in the Going Up! section.

• Like 1

gene posted this in the BLVD Place thread in January...

http://www.houstonarchitecture.info/haif/i...st&p=225944

Now we have this...

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/sto...html?ana=e_ph#1

Hopefully it's not premature to post this in the Going Up! section.

yes, tenants are being asked to leave in december... rumor has it that redsotne is planning another residential high rise. no clue about any retail component.

• Like 1

yes, tenants are being asked to leave in december... rumor has it that redsotne is planning another residential high rise. no clue about any retail component.

Considering the area, it would HAVE to have some sort of street level component like a bar or some small chain retail or something for tenants or visitors from the nearby Hotels.

• Like 1

The article in full basically goes on to discuss the history of the land, other developers' ideas and other similar points. The quote that jumps out at me in terms of a possible announcement or other more detailed info is that of Redstone's CEO stating that they are indeed doing a project there, but he didn't want to disclose anything further for another 3 to 4 weeks.

• Like 1

The article in full basically goes on to discuss the history of the land, other developers' ideas and other similar points. The quote that jumps out at me in terms of a possible announcement or other more detailed info is that of Redstone's CEO stating that they are indeed doing a project there, but he didn't want to disclose anything further for another 3 to 4 weeks.

This would be interesting. I wonder how much longer that strip mall has until it is eventually knocked down.

• Like 1

Hi yes, my company moved out 2 months ago, a little ahead of schedule since we found a great new location...and from what i have been told, the bank ONLY will move across the street (with no drive through of course) to the plaza for 3 years until the new bank building will be built NEXT DOOR in the empty lot... with the current bank lot being built on as discussed above.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the hotel is a Peninsula. I stayed in the one in Chicago and it's simply awesome. Either that or a Mandarin Oriental. I stayed at theirs in Miami and thought it was incredibly nice, also. I wouldn't call the Ritz a "very, very high end" 5 star hotel. Simply a 5 star hotel. 4 Seasons is in the Ritz category

Maybe a Burj-Al-Arab - Houston? Now that would be cool

• Like 1

I hope the hotel is a Peninsula. I stayed in the one in Chicago and it's simply awesome. Either that or a Mandarin Oriental. I stayed at theirs in Miami and thought it was incredibly nice, also. I wouldn't call the Ritz a "very, very high end" 5 star hotel. Simply a 5 star hotel. 4 Seasons is in the Ritz category

Maybe a Burj-Al-Arab - Houston? Now that would be cool

"as high-end as you can get" is what was said, i believe... or something along those lines. i immediately thought peninsula or mandarin.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
yahooooo glad to see it finally go haha!

any word on how or what day they will take down the building itself? i am thinking of camping out across the street to watch and celebrate!

Anyone else have a date for building demolition?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
no link, no nothin?

I'm assuming Perennial is the name of the tenant or development company. Which site did you hear it from. gracias!

edit: found the source here

Sorry about that. Is it okay to grab stuff from another site and post it here?

• Like 1

Sorry about that. Is it okay to grab stuff from another site and post it here?

eh, I don't see why not. I'm sure most people are aware of that place and others. I wouldn't think they'll grab ed's market.

Do you happen to know if they guy is a reliable source or his reputation? Someone needs to get more than just that out of him...

• Like 1