Houston, My Own Utopia

Montrose1100

In honor of this site, here is to everyone, Help rebuild what we once had! make it better! Lets keep on subject, on target, and prof is key! Special thanks to the editoy, & wayne for helping this site recover!

Heres to you Houston:

ISS001-ESC-6283.jpg

Downtown from Space Station Alpha

Downtown%20Houston.jpg

A cold winter

Downtown-Houston.jpg

I-45 @ I-10

HoustonAerialEnronRLS01.jpg

SoDo and Enron field

HoustonAerial1RLS01.jpg

Downtown Houston Aerial

ufiles874.jpg

Downtown South View from Air (Looking North

superbowl_3818.jpg

Main Street Super Bowl party

sm_DSC04963.JPG

Old Building with New Skyline, Houston

houstonareamap.jpg

The Houston Metro ^N <W >E

houston.jpg

SoDo

hou06658983.jpg

Houston, back in the day

Hiltonside.jpg

Early 2004 Downtown Revolution

-------------------

This message has been edited to remove copyrighted material.

Please do not post copyrighted photos or articles from newspapers or magazines. We have already received a warning from the Houston Chronicle, and the legal departments of other publications have visited the site. If you would like to discuss a published article, please summarize the article and provide a link to the original source.

-------------------

downtown-night-500.jpg

2003 Christmas

25-97.gif

Houston Ship Channel

houston.jpg

Houston fron USA Today Arcticle

houston_skyline_from_white_oak_bridge.jpg

Downtown from White Oak Bridge

Medical_Center.jpg

Texas Medical Center (Houston Texas)

aay.sized.jpg

South View (looking Directly North) from Montrose/Westheimer

rickmuniz_4_p.JPG

Downtown's Dance with the evening sun...

skyline.JPG

Houston from 60th Floor JPM Chase Tower observation deck (Left Corner)

houston_0025.jpg

International Houston

skyline5.jpg

Houston Festivals

I really like the picture from space. I have an idea how to make Galveston's water blue. Build a dyke like the one in Texas City and extend it from the east beach out to the ocean for a couple of miles. That might deflect all the silt and mudd from the Shipchannel out to the east allowing the blue water just a couple of miles off the cost to wash into the beach. Just an idea. :P

untitled.bmp.jpg

Yeah, but tons of that silt comes from all of the drainage from the bayous and stuff, not just the channel.

I really like the picture from space.  I have an idea how to make Galveston's water blue.  Build a dyke like the one in Texas City and extend it from the east beach out to the ocean for a couple of miles.  That might deflect all the silt and mudd from the Shipchannel out to the east allowing the blue water just a couple of miles off the cost to wash into the beach.  Just an idea. :P

untitled.bmp.jpg

Actually that's not a bad idea at all. I wonder how effective it would be.

I know someone who goes deep sea fishing from time to time and I remember laughing when he said the water in the Gulf is blue. Of course the further one gets away from Galveston the more blue the water gets. It would be nice if we could enjoy some of that "blueness" at the actual beach.

Actually that's not a bad idea at all. I wonder how effective it would be.

I know someone who goes deep sea fishing from time to time and I remember laughing when he said the water in the Gulf is blue. Of course the further one gets away from Galveston the more blue the water gets. It would be nice if we could enjoy some of that "blueness" at the actual beach.

yes, lets block the water from coming into Galveston bay, creat big lakes, and stop all total traffic of boats going into the port & ship channel. Bright idea, very bright.

Well, not only is it drainage from the bayous that empty out into the ship channel as well as the bay that puts out all that silt. A good portion of that comes from the currents that wind their way through the intercoastal waterway. It's those very same currents and silt that help with the wetlands that provide what little greenspace we have along the shoreline.

That is if George W. Decide we don't need wetlands anymore.

Ricco

Archived