Towne Lake Has Big Plans

mrfootball

600xPopupGallery.jpg

600xPopupGallery.jpg

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/nb/cyf...ws/5702059.html

Centerpiece of the 2,400 acre community will be a navigable 350-acre lake, On the northern end, a 110 acre Towne Lake Town Center will front Hwy 290 featuring Class A office space, retail establishments, and will be located near the natural park that will be developed along Cypress Creek (which is naturally wooded along with a good number of large hundred plus year old oak trees).

In the middle is a marina and community center with a competition pool, laguna-style pool and lazy river. There will be about 20 parks spread throughout Towne Lake, and an "old-fashioned" fishing hole near the welcome center.

On the South side of the property (the non-wooded portion) near the Cy-Fair campus, will be a lakeside amphitheater (seen above) that seats 5,000-6,000 and the Towne Lake River Walk with shops and restaurants.

I hope they have a different entrance than just Barker-Cypress. That intersection at 290 looks like a nightmare. I bet at around 5:45pm people wait 20+ minutes to get from 290 to Barker-Cypress.

From the Towne Lake Map it looks like they're extending Skinner Road through the community. There's a Skinner overpass on 290, so that ought to provide an alternate to Barker Cypress. I don't think there's an entrance ramp to 290 between Skinner and Barker Cypress (but I might be wrong on that) -- that's relatively easy to fix, though (not to mention the looming 290 rebuild).

Nonetheless, I'm sure this will eventually put a lot more traffic on the 290/Barker Cypress intersection -- one that's probably impossible to widen with the big train overpass. I live just off West Rd. and am actually more leery about what it will do to that. When 290 goes under construction I'm afraid West (and others like) will get really bad, really often. Still, it's a nice looking development. I've got to say they've been moving a truly impressive amount of dirt out there over the last few months, creating small hills & (I assume) digging lakes.

Venice of NW Houston? That's alot of water...

I rememebr when Barker used to be a 2-lane road with pastures...damn

another CFISD bond I smell

Oh yeah. There's 2 more High Schools immediately planned which will follow Cy-Ranch and Cy-Lakes (which open this Fall). I wouldn't be surprised if there were 2 more after that.

Oh yeah. There's 2 more High Schools immediately planned which will follow Cy-Ranch and Cy-Lakes (which open this Fall). I wouldn't be surprised if there were 2 more after that.

I really hope this development pans out like they are planning...I am very impressed. I thought the lakes would be cheesy (like the retention ponds billed as "lakes" elsewhere) , but it looks like they are making them large enough to be impresssive and maybe even serve a purpose...that amphitheatre looks awesome...though it would be nice if it had more capacity, covering all seats is a plus!

I wonder if they will ever break Cy-Fair ISD into multiple districts. I mean, it is the third largest ISD after Houston and Dallas, but neither of them is growing like this, it is gonna be a mammoth before it is all said and done.

Isn't there already a thread on this that could have been updated?

Personally, I'd like to see CFISD broken up into three or four smaller districts. There are currently 12 High Schools built, under construction or about to break ground.

I think breaking it up into two different districts would be best. Have the "Cypress ISD" and "Fairbanks ISD". The district is so big and has like 130,000 students I think and growing by a few thousand every year.

Also, Cypress is VERY crowded. I was out and about last Friday, and had to go through Cypress. Eldridge north of Clay....never, ever again at that time of day. It was like at any street you turned, there was more traffic. You would think that once you hit many of the big neighborhoods, people would start turning into them.

• 1 month later...
I think the amphitheater will be constructed last. The builders are starting from the back and working their way towards Barker Cypress. This project is taking forever!!!

It's a rather large project in scope. There are numerous components, with retail, entertainment, town center, corporate, recreation, etc. With all of the earth moving going on to create the big lake, I really don't know how they could do it any faster. All of Caldwell's residential developments tilt towards the higher end, so I imagine they'll take their time to do it right.

• 6 years later...

Not really an update on this project but I got a DJI Phantom for Christmas and have finally got it up and running.  I live right next to Towne Lake and got some aerial footage of the area yesterday.  Hoping to get some more flight time under my belt before getting into the city more for some aerial shots.

• 6 months later...
  • The title was changed to Towne Lake Has Big Plans

Archived