So nice out!

HtownWxBoy

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's humid as all get out at 7:00AM. Are you people serious?

I thought to myself that I spoke to soon this morning as I was getting ready and the weatherman told me humidity would be 91% today, lol

But before today, I could only remember one, maybe two days since it has been warm and thought to myself that it felt really sticky and humid.

It's humid as all get out at 7:00AM. Are you people serious?

It's always the most humid during the evening and early morning hours during the summer months like that... humidity goes down as the temperature rises... that's why it's felt drier over the past several days when it's been so hot during the afternoons.

I love the evenings this time of year when there is a nice breeze. But the mornings are terrible.

Somebody should go ask someone who works outside about how dry it has been lately.

All the Interdweebs with soft hands would be shocked.

The glare from the freaking hot blazing sun is what really gets me. :angry:

Eyes dry out quick and sunglasses I rarely use. Eye drops are just a temp fix. Past weekends have been so extreme I just stay inside and watch DVDs until late eveing venture out, grass is so high I dont care. Hate glare, they say it actually can burn the retna's? Thats all I need.

Get a pool. It will have a dramatic effect on your opinion of hot weather. I was out at lunch today and kept thinking how great the weather was.

I was looking through some friends "pool" brochures over the weekend, WOW, the choices you have! 10 shades of blue water, amazing. Not to mention the tile choices. Can easily be overdone. Have to say I like the classic pool styles the best, minus the diving board. White limestone looking walkway edges, with deep blue-green water, and grass around the pool, too. HEAVEN.

I was looking through some friends "pool" brochures over the weekend, WOW, the choices you have! 10 shades of blue water, amazing. Not to mention the tile choices. Can easily be overdone. Have to say I like the classic pool styles the best, minus the diving board. White limestone looking walkway edges, with deep blue-green water, and grass around the pool, too. HEAVEN.

You get to choose water color? How does that work? I've got a white pool and the water looks blue (unless I fill it with filthy people, then it gets a little brown). And you have to get a diving board.

You get to choose water color? How does that work? I've got a white pool and the water looks blue (unless I fill it with filthy people, then it gets a little brown). And you have to get a diving board.

You need to get some cleaner friends.:)

I believe it has to do with the color of the lining, casts different shades of blue. One of my recent patio magazines showed one pool that was deep blue, looked like a lagoon or pond. The detailed description told of a green-grey lining or paint color. :blink: Also, the rough natural rock edges could be a problem, if drinking is involved. All I know is the brochure had many different water colors (blue and green and aqua) /w "recommended" or paired gravel sidewalk colors. Could not believe it. I've heard it makes more sense to buy a house w/pool already there. Unless you have unlimited amounts of money.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Best weather ever today. Made for a great bike ride.

Its been great most of the time this past 2 weeks. ^_^

...but it comes with a consequence...

We are in a deficit in rain and grass/forests fires have been starting here and throught Texas due to the rain deficit, wind, and low humidity.

My roofer called about 8:30 and said it was raining a little on him down in Seabrook, and he was going to call the crew off the job for the day. Still no rain here at the job site. I wonder if the Super Bowl has anything to do with it .... ^_^

it was sprinkling earlier when i went to telwink and lowes. just checked radar, looks like magnolia park area is getting light rain now.

My roofer called about 8:30 and said it was raining a little on him down in Seabrook, and he was going to call the crew off the job for the day. Still no rain here at the job site. I wonder if the Super Bowl has anything to do with it .... ^_^

Well if the super bowl has something to do with it, its not helping us here in Galveston and Houston. You can feel humidity here but it has'nt rained yet. I guess the 4o% chance of rain today was incorrect. :(

Here's the Current drought condition from www.drought.gov (updated every week.)

Drought2.gif

Drought conditions here are likely to persist/develope.

DroughtOutlook.gif

• 3 months later...

It is no longer nice out. Going for a walk this morning was gross, just wet and humid and nasty with mosquitos. Looking at the 10 day forecast, all of the lows are now in the 70s. Sucks. October can't come fast enough. I hope it rains a lot between now and then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know it's August and it's above 90 by now, but it felt pretty damn nice this morning. We had a nice walk around the bayou along with many others who were out. Maybe September can start us off by cooling down the nights and mornings, then we'll work our way to decent days.

It the battle between the "So nice out!" thread versus the "Damn it's hot!" thread, I really hope this one gets more play in the next month.

I know it's August and it's above 90 by now, but it felt pretty damn nice this morning. We had a nice walk around the bayou along with many others who were out. Maybe September can start us off by cooling down the nights and mornings, then we'll work our way to decent days.

It the battle between the "So nice out!" thread versus the "Damn it's hot!" thread, I really hope this one gets more play in the next month.

Yea things are SLOWLY beginning to cool down. When u are used to upper 70s in the morning, low to mid 70s can feel cool! ha ha Looks like our afternoon temps will be in the low 90s for the upcoming week... that's going to feel great compared to the mid to upper 90s and even low 100s we have seen most of the summer! September begins on Tuesday it's all downhill (temperature-wise) from there!

Archived