if they are seriously expecting to rent these at the prices they are asking for right now then jesus good luck! went to ask about a 1br and 2600 is way to much. was on a lower floor also, the higher floors are going for 3000k+ minimum for a 1br

It's the new normal for Houston. DC apartments are already getting that much in rent for a 1 b.r. Don't expect the oil  bust to change that dynamic much.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm.   I wonder if that was from when they were proposing a 35 story building.  11.7 feet per floor seems a bit unlikely.

good point! totally forgot about this being 35 stories at one time. i wonder why we can't find the updated height for this or an FAA listing for 609 Main..?

It's the new normal for Houston. DC apartments are already getting that much in rent for a 1 b.r. Don't expect the oil  bust to change that dynamic much.

2600 for a 1 bed seems pretty excessive for Houston. I paid 1600 for an 830 sf loft across the street from Hermann Park which is one of the pricier rental areas and that was still relatively expensive for a one bedroom in Houston. I just moved to Chicago and still pay less than 2600 and I'm just a few blocks from Willis Tower in a brand new building. I'm sure they'll get someone to lease at that price though.

Edited by Lospringer
  • Like 1

I lived next to some tall buildings that had lots of junky stuff on the balconies.

My friend from Houston visited and thought they were tenements like in Chicago.

After that, a new landlord took over, renovated and made everyone take the stuff off the balconies.

No more flags, house plants, storage boxes, etc.

It looked a lot better.

Lol God forbid somebody have a house plant on their balcony! Way to enforce soullessness. (not you, the landlord)

Edited by H-Town Man

2600 for a 1 bed seems pretty excessive for Houston. I paid 1600 for an 830 sf loft across the street from Hermann Park which is one of the pricier rental areas and that was still relatively expensive for a one bedroom in Houston. I just moved to Chicago and still pay less than 2600 and I'm just a few blocks from Willis Tower in a brand new building. I'm sure they'll get someone to lease at that price though.

I think thats just the prices you seen in a huge boom market. I'm pretty sure that price will fall when things cool off.

It it just me or does it seem like construction has really slowed down on this. Looking at the web cam and it has looked the same for over two weeks. 

I think the majority of the work left is interior finishes. I haven't seen the building in a couple months but I would assume the exterior is nearly finished.

I think the majority of the work left is interior finishes. I haven't seen the building in a couple months but I would assume the exterior is nearly finished.

I totally get that there are just a few small pieces on the outside that are not done and my ocd is killing me

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I keep forgetting to take pictures of the inside of the building to share. My sister moved in about 3 weeks ago. No amenities have been completed other than the gym. The inside is quite nice. Nothing spectacular in my opinion but there's still some work being done. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...