Will all these places have rules about what you can put on those balconies?

Depends on what you mean.

They won't let you put out a fire pit or something. But, are you asking if they will restrict the type or style of deck chairs and stuff? Probably not.

The lower floors were scheduled for move-in in a few months as I recall. I wonder if still on track?

I lived next to some tall buildings that had lots of junky stuff on the balconies.

My friend from Houston visited and thought they were tenements like in Chicago.

After that, a new landlord took over, renovated and made everyone take the stuff off the balconies.

No more flags, house plants, storage boxes, etc.

It looked a lot better.

Wait, you can't even have plants? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's what I don't like about the building. The glass skirt is an awful color choice. It looks like they need to wipe it with some CLR. The tiny and minimal amount of windows (along with the wall color), remind me of the Mercer. It seems like three different buildings in one. They had such a great idea but the almost finished product, it doesn't look right to me. You have the west facing side of the fantastic Uptown Skyline being muted by such small windows. It's frustrating.

The balconies could have tied in a little better. they could have really played them off as a modern take on a mid century design. But they didn't. Instead I see a giant Mercer mixed in with the Mark and just enough detail to imitate the Aqua.

It's not terrible and it's not award winning. Just had hoped for a little more.

upon my most overall view, this building is simply stunning!  however, i must admit that i never really understood the bottom skirting detail.  why is it needed?  actually, i think that i shall defer any further comments until the final details have been completed.  nonetheless, h-townchris, props to you for such a glorious illustration.

• Like 1

My sister just signed a lease at this place. Upon pulling up we both cringed at the skirt as well, but once we got inside for the quick tour and saw the model rooms we were both impressed. The quality and detail is there. And oddly enough, it didn't feel cookie-cutter. Anyway, at 4 grand a month I still think it's absurd. But then again I'm cheap. 

Edited by IamHouston
  • Like 3

My sister just signed a lease at this place. Upon pulling up we both cringed at the skirt as well, but once we got inside for the quick tour and saw the model rooms we were both impressed. The quality and detail is there. And oddly enough, it didn't feel cookie-cutter. Anyway, at 4 grand a month I still think it's absurd. But then again I'm cheap. 

Is your sister single....and looking? LOL

• Like 5