The Post Oak Hotel At Uptown Houston At 1600 West Loop S.

King Owl

1 hour ago, gene said:

I cant believe he hasn't purchased the corner of Post Oak and the feeder road and developed that...(just north of his development)

that empty bank building/lot is such an eyesore and to know that everyone has to pass that to get to his place...well you would think that would be something he would take on...

any news on that corner regarding any plans/projects, etc? Even if they just took down the building and landscaped the lot would be a huge improvement...(now all of a sudden i am second guessing myself haha....there is still a building there right? haha!)

The direct corner is an ugly concrete/laydown lot. There is an old structure adjacent to it too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, pablog said:

Hey cool, I live in Seattle! What did you think of my adopted home compared to the city we love, Houston?

Cranes everywhere! It's a smaller city, so maybe I observed more cranes and development. Those new condos/apartments all have their own unique, and bright style.  There's so many luxury apartments!

Russell Investments Center is so nice! The tower caught my eye while I was riding on the freeway. Google has a project in the CBD? I passed by the site and there was two or three cranes.

Edit: Off topic wise, I do like the peacefulness compared to Texas. The PNW is awesome!

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Twitter1 said:

Cranes everywhere! It's a smaller city, so maybe I observed more cranes and development. Those new condos/apartments all have their own unique, and bright style.  There's so many luxury apartments!

Russell Investments Center is so nice! The tower caught my eye while I was riding on the freeway. Google has a project in the CBD? I passed by the site and there was two or three cranes.

Edit: Off topic wise, I do like the peacefulness compared to Texas. The PNW is awesome!

Yeah the amount of growth that Seattle is having is insane! I guess that happens when you have the two richest men in the world living in one city, with enormous amounts of high paying jobs

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's bizarre. Why so much wasted space?

To clarify, a surface lot in and of itself is wasted space, but this one looks oddly inefficient. What's with the huge drive lane on the left, or the weird slip lane at the top? Was this even designed, or did they just start painting without measuring anything first?

Edited by Texasota

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2018/03/12/tilman-fertittas-the-post-oak-hotel-now-open.html

After years of anticipation, Houston billionaire Tilman Fertitta's The Post Oak Hotel in the Uptown area has finally made its debut.

The more than $300 million, 38-story hotel is officially open at 1600 West Loop South, according to a March 12 press release.

• Like 5