The Post Oak Hotel At Uptown Houston At 1600 West Loop S.

King Owl

oh yeah that is exactly what they are doing...i ride my bike past that every day (from galleria condo to discovery green and back) and they started working on that a few weeks ago...they placed metal panels along the wall of the embankment. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

This photo and it's angle are gorgeous and show just how BIG Houston really is and this is only the West Loop and Galleria area (partial).  Not very flat looking from the air BTW.  It also dwarfs all other "large" Texas cities by a long way.  Wish the national reputation and news media understood this, but maybe someday.  We Houstonians never were very good at promoting ourselves and this awesome city.

Also, would like to compliment the website for not showing so much of the "visit dallas" advertising as before where it was showing up at the very top banner for a long time.  Although, we are supposed to be nice to everyone and I get that, and yes, it does take money to run the site.  But.... this is the "HOUSTON" architecture forum after all.  Just sayin.  :)

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Maybe. I thought the rendering of the pool above looked dated, also not very grand or luxurious as this entire mixed use is supposed to be. We shall see if Fertitta's vision is as opulent  in the finished product as he's made it out to be in interviews.

It has a classic cabana pool set up but it looks very cluttered and small. 

Edit: play nicely haifers.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2017 at 11:58 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

The name of the patisserie going in Tilman Fertitta's The Post Oak in Houston is Bouchée Patisserie. This is going in the ground floor of the hotel.

From a hiring post (archive link):

Enhance your senses at our artisan confectionery, Bouchée Patisserie. Helmed by an award-winning pastry chef, Bouchée serves up both traditional and extravagant Parisian-inspired indulgences with a modern twist including house made bonbons, celebratory cakes, gelato, quiches, carefully-crafted chocolates and specialty coffee.

Trademark:
https://www.trademarkia.com/bouche-patisserie-87636203.html

I have not found a rendering or construction photos related to this.

On 11/13/2017 at 0:08 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Other restaurants or bars opening with Masetro's SteakhouseWille G's, and  Bouchée Patisserie at The Post Oak in Houston:

H Bar
At H Bar, dark opulence sets the scene for sipping fine spirits, exotic cocktails and other exciting libations. With its crimson velvet accents, vintage aesthetic lighting and black-and-white photographic art, this full-service bar provides a rich, yet timeless, atmosphere to carry an intimate conversation or wrap up the night.

https://www.trademarkia.com/h-bar-87636044.html

Craft F+B
At Craft F&B, rich woods, exposed brick and stained concrete floors create an industrial, ambiance to enjoy wood-fired pizzas, elevated comfort food and pub-style fare, alongside a vast selection of craft brews and a dose of Southern Hospitality. Catch the latest game with friends, or make new ones with high-table communal-style seating.

https://www.trademarkia.com/craft-f-b-87636158.html

Bloom & Bee
At the Bloom & Bee, indulge in a collection of beautifully-executed restaurants truly fitting for the Post Oak, including the upscale Bloom & Bee – an enchanting dining destination with a focus on fresh, locally-inspired cuisine. Reminiscent of a lush garden filled with gorgeous blooms, Bloom & Bee invites the outdoors in with extravagant floral accents, pastel colors and a wealth of natural light. Enjoy light sustainable dishes to hearty handmade pastas under an elaborate ceiling of blown glass flowers or on the elegant outdoor patio for breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.

https://www.trademarkia.com/bloom--bee-87636270.html

The names of the spa and salon at The Post Oak hotel:

Spa at The Post Oak Hotel
https://www.trademarkia.com/spa-at-the-post-oak-hotel-87653210.html

Salon at The Post Oak Hotel
https://www.trademarkia.com/salon-at-the-post-oak-hotel-87653254.html

Wow. Good investigating. I would not be surprised to see these restaurants land in existing and future projects of Tilman's.

I have high hopes that the finished look for all of his restaurants here will be nice.

Landry's stepped their game up with Grotto Downtown. The look of other higher-end restaurants of theirs in town leaves much to be desired.

• Like 1

I call BS on the views in that rendering. There is no "tower" that looks like that to the left in the photo. Based on the current layout and the layout shown in the original floor plan, the pool will be at ground level on the backside. That will be pretty lame because it backs up to the street between the new tower and a five story wrap. Has the vibes of a pool at a Days Inn.

I cant believe he hasn't purchased the corner of Post Oak and the feeder road and developed that...(just north of his development)

that empty bank building/lot is such an eyesore and to know that everyone has to pass that to get to his place...well you would think that would be something he would take on...

any news on that corner regarding any plans/projects, etc? Even if they just took down the building and landscaped the lot would be a huge improvement...(now all of a sudden i am second guessing myself haha....there is still a building there right? haha!)

• Like 1