Roy Rogers Restaurants

Firebird65

• 1 year later...

Here it is 2019, and media is talking about the Zone d'Erotica at Westheimer and 610 closing down. They mention a previous business, Luke's Burgers. So far I have yet to hear them mention the better business at that location... Roy Rogers Roast Beef. It was great and I should know, one of my first jobs was at that location. I was a "hostess" signing up kids for his "club"... the name of which escapes me right now... Maybe the "Buckaroo Club." Thinking back, I was really a glorified bus "person" mostly clearing tables. Regardless, it was an enjoyable job at the time, at my age just out of high school.... and here I am reminiscing 50 years later.  😁

• Like 3

• 3 years later...

I grew up  in Pasadena Texas and my friend worked at a Roy Rogers restaurant that was probably in Pasadena or the outskirts of it. Roy Rogers himself visited the location and my friend Jamey who worked there got  to meet him. He was so excited about getting to meet Roy Rogers. Also that was about 50 years ago in the early seventies (70 to 73 my best guess) and I can still  taste that barbeque sandwich in my mouth. I have never found a barbeque sandwich as good as Roy's.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes! This is correct. It was a Luke's hamburger joint at one time but when I moved to Houston, my family went down to Westheimer and loop 610 as Roy Rogers was there in a personal opening. I was very young, probably six years old or so but I was there when he opened Roy Rogers BBQ in Houston, It was very cool!