M Square: Mixed-Use Development At 3200 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

lol!

Let's hope it doesn't last until groundbreaking. It could be three or four years. Ouch, and embarrassing.

And dangerous!

And I wish ENG could divulge a bit more about what he's hearing. I realize that you wish you could take it all back, as you don't have enough information that you feel comfortable about sharing openly, but nevertheless...

And dangerous!

And I wish ENG could divulge a bit more about what he's hearing. I realize that you wish you could take it all back, as you don't have enough information that you feel comfortable about sharing openly, but nevertheless...

notice the info is slowly but surely making it's way out as we make false predictions =)

Why Uptown?

I mean, don't get me wrong, this sounds exciting, but where is this land they could put it? Post Oak is going to be pretty much full once Blvd Place and the Titan are up. Woodway, San Felipe, and Memorial are all crowded as well. The only place I can think of that can handle what ENG is describing is around Richmond...I think. Even then, I don't know.

I guess the Uptown skyline could start expanding west....but that area is pretty blah. Like most people I'm sure, I would rather see/hear about these things happening downtown.

And just slightly off topic, the amount of projects proposed or in early development are really looking amazing for the city. The next decade should be exciting, especially if something like this happens.

This project is too new to give any specific details. I was just wondering if anyone here has heard anything about it. I probably should have kept this under wraps but it is sounding like a pretty high profile job. Even bigger that the W project imo.

Yeah, I call B.S. are you just messing with us? :huh:

On the SSP forum there are talking about a newly proposed Ritz-Carlton at BLVD place. Thats the rumor you are hearing about. Someone on that the forum counted 60 stories which puts it around 800-850 ft. This building looks unique and beautiful, I doubt it'll disappoint.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread...123&page=71

Can anyone at least say what location it is in, or did I miss that. What chunk of land is allocated for this?

• Like 1

On the SSP forum there are talking about a newly proposed Ritz-Carlton at BLVD place. Thats the rumor you are hearing about. Someone on that the forum counted 60 stories which puts it around 800-850 ft. This building looks unique and beautiful, I doubt it'll disappoint.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread...123&page=71

It is not the Ritz carlton.

And whether you believe me or not I don't care, but when this gets to be more official and given the green light remember who told you first.

• Like 1

And whether you believe me or not I don't care, but when this gets to be more official and given the green light remember who told you first.

Well don't act all high and mighty. At least give us a timetable to when an announcement will be made or tell us if it's office, residentual, hotel, or a mix.

Well don't act all high and mighty. At least give us a timetable to when an announcement will be made or tell us if it's office, residentual, hotel, or a mix.

I wish people would talk nicely to insiders that have proven to be a reliable source on this website. We don't want to scare them off. I think engcons, has already told us everything he feels comfortable about revealing.

Keep the good news coming Engcons! I'm still buzzed over the use of the words 'quite stunning' and 'very tall'.

Edited by Mister X
  • Like 1

you can't lay claim to a future project announcment that you are so vague about. that is just cocky. I call the next big project! :) btw I typing this message using the iPod touch.

Edited by Pumapayam
  • Like 1

I wish people would talk nicely to insiders that have proven to be a reliable source on this website. We don't want to scare them off. I think engcons, has already told us everything he feels comfortable about revealing.

Agreed.... We almost ran off Houston devolpment a while back. In other words please chill out with the insiders.

Edited by Gary
  • Like 1

Keep the good news coming Engcons! I'm still buzzed over the use of the words 'quite stunning' and 'very tall'.

or he could be a troll yanking our chain. so engcons, how long do we have to wait for the formal announcement?

Edited by Pumapayam
  • Like 1

or he could be a troll yanking our chain. so engcons, how long do we have to wait for the formal announcement?

Puma, dude...He said this was a rumor; nothing official about it. Obviously he's got credebility w/ some of our fellow members. I think he's worthy of us giving him the benefit of the doubt.

If he's correct and groundbreaking might take place w/in a year to 18 months, then I'm sure an official announcment isn't relatively that far off.

Wasn't there a rumor awhile back about Dubai business men wanting to invest in a project in Houston? Maybe this could be related to that? You know how they like to do in Dubai....tall!

Oh yeah, and he said it could be larger than the Oaks District project, if so, then I hope the site is either where the Old Navy is, or the strip center where Linens & Things is. Like someone else said, Uptown doesn't really need strip centers anymore.

Wow, slamming me for bringing something to the table. Project like these are very sensetive and the financial backers do not want word getting out unless they put it out. Contractors who might have an inside track due to a relationship with an owner do not want these coming out because it creates more competition for them, the same goes with design firms.

Some of you are obviously not in the business of building designing or development, if you are you are not a major player in town. Some of you have no idea how projects can be put off of years, or never built due to some of the stupidest reasons. I would hate for a project like this to get put off due to some investor getting ticked off because his ego didn't get to announce this first. Things like that happen believe it or not.

It jsut so happens that I happen to be privy to some of the high end projects in town and it is hard to sit on information, I admit it I am sometimes a gossip queen. I happen to know of about 4 other projects in town that would be great topics but if I am going to get called out for trying to give you fellas a nugget to chew on then noway. Someone did this to me on the W project and I said I wouldn't divulge anymore, I guess I didn't learn my lesson.

You want to know about this project here it is:

Two towers in the galleria area by Williams tower, one office building 80 floors, one residential 50 floors. Right now only in the planning stages, it may never get built, but if it does it will take off within the next 18 months.

• Like 1

So let's see if I have all these rumors strait.

There is a 50 story tower, a 55 story tower, a 66 story tower and an 80 story tower all in the planning stages in various parts of uptown - not to mention several in the 20-40 story range. Phenomenal!

Edited by Mister X

80 stories? That's definitely a 1,000 footer! There has never been a 80 story building that has been less than 1,000 feet in this world (none that I know of). Looks like we may have a new "tallest" for Houston if it leaves the planning stages and enters reality. Historically in America, it takes a city 20 to 30s year *with a few exceptions* to get a new city "tallest", so it's about that time so it wouldn't surprise me.

I wonder what percentage of these new projects, assuming for a minute that all rumors, speculations and predictions are proven true, will be office space, residential, etc. We're talking about a lot of square feet of development, especially considering that in addition to these highrises are the nearby Oaks and High Street developments.

• Like 1

EngCONS (and anyone else who may want to answer this),

Just two questions...

1. Have you heard of anything at this or a comparable scale for Downtown?

2. Have you heard of anything for Downtown.

No details needed, I'd just like to know if there's anymore besides the pending ones (i.e. Brookfield's two plots and Hines' alleged interest in the old Shamrock block).

If it even only halfway materializes (40 and 25 stories), it would still be great. I just hope that Downtown begins to see more movement from the hype factory.

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by GovernorAggie

Two towers in the galleria area by Williams tower, one office building 80 floors, one residential 50 floors. Right now only in the planning stages, it may never get built, but if it does it will take off within the next 18 months.

What plot of land is left that this available by the Williams Tower that has room for this.

The water wall is locked up with (3) condo towers, and a skinny lot on the 6-10 side, and the Galleria to the north. Where would these (2) proposals be? Is something getting torn down? Is the water wall lot going away?

Would have been nice if this thing was in Downtown instead of Uptown. Uptown just needs some rail now. Also, redevelop the strip centers and have the store fronts along the street and the parking garages in the back.

Edited by Trae