M Square: Mixed-Use Development At 3200 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

What if they had practice fields stacked on top of each other? That might be pretty dope. I see no reason why their complex couldn't be vertical.

And why do they need to relocate the practice facility? Seems perfect where it is right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lockmat said:

What if they had practice fields stacked on top of each other? That might be pretty dope. I see no reason why their complex couldn't be vertical.

And why do they need to relocate the practice facility? Seems perfect where it is right now.

I actually like this idea, but it needs to include a hole in the 2nd floor practice field so that JJ can post vids of him jumping onto the field from the first floor once he's recovered and when the NFL finally relaxes their position on body augmentations.

• Like 6

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/5/2017 at 0:41 PM, shasta said:

Has the project officially started? Seems to be a lot of activity around the site.

Definitely appears to be some sort of site work going on here. Drove by this weekend, but couldn't really tell what they were doing. 

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Wow! Looks to be the 2nd tallest tower in the Galleria! This was the same site of that supertall skyscraper around the Great Recession.

Edit: Might be a direct competitor to San Felipe Plaza in height.

• Like 2

So I'm guessing the tallest building will be the hotel on the lower section and condos on the taller section.

The shortest one probably the office tower. I bet thats where McNair Interests will office in that building.

Just speculating

• Like 4

Is the parking garage(s) underground(!) or is it the podium for the building in the back? It's hard to tell. The two in front look great w/o one, at least from this vantage point.

Edited by lockmat

29 minutes ago, lockmat said:

Is the parking garage(s) underground(!) or is it the podium for the building in the back? It's hard to tell. The two in front look great w/o one, at least from this vantage point.

Even if that weren't a not-so-great idea for other reasons, I don't think land values in the area are such as to justify digging down for parking, unless you're at the corner of Post Oak and Westheimer maybe.

• Like 1

If I go off my amateur scaling skills, the building to the right (3050 Post Oak?) is 243 ft. If your were to line it up to the base of the tallest tower, and gauge how many times taller the big tower is (about 3.25 times). The big tower will be in the 700-780 ft range. Now scaling off of that, the second tallest one should be in the 470-510 range. Take this with a huge grain of salt though.

• Like 3

This will gain the title as the tallest mixed-use building in Texas, but I don't think it will be taller than The Independent. 58 floors/683 feet vs 50 (at least that's what I'm getting when I count), the Austin high-rise is all condos standing on a parking podium, while ours has hotel levels mixed in, which are usually shorter. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Dakota79 said:

This makes me so happy!  He certainly has the $$$ to do it.  It will be so odd to see something this tall close to the Williams Tower!  Exciting!

Not odd at all. I think of it as a chance for Uptown to plug in the holes in its linear skyline. There's a gap between Williams Tower and US59 where those skinny beige stucco condo towers are. This will fill in that gap and because the site is basically just a field, this will densify Uptown. 

• Like 3