M Square: Mixed-Use Development At 3200 Post Oak Blvd.

editor

Sorry if this is a dupe.

Lasco Ventures has bought some land for a new office tower.

Houston-based developer Lasco Ventures L.L.C. has purchased 9.4 acres of undeveloped property with plans for an office tower in the Galleria area of Houston.

Financials of the transaction were not disclosed. The property was sold by Rich Oak Properties L.L.C. of New York. Located at the northwest corner of Richmond Avenue and Post Oak Boulevard in Houston

• Like 1

Undeveloped property at the northwest corner of Richmond and Post Oak? I'm not seeing it.

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&...4&encType=1

those tents were only there for that cirque du soleil or whatever event. It's currently just an empty parking lot, would be great to see a tower at that location, although traffic is already pretty bad over there(if they put a light to turn left onto richmond from the best buy parking lot it would probably be a lot safer)

• Like 1

According to the article below, a new high-rise office tower is now planned for the site adjacent to Williams. It is located near the Cosmopolitan high-rise condo tower and I believe connected to the Galleria via tunnel. This plan also calls for a residential tower to be erected later in the second phase. I apologize if this has already been posted.

http://www.commercialpropertynews.com/cpn/...65d968a442f6a89

Edited by wxman
  • Like 1

According to the article below, a new high-rise office tower is now planned for the site adjacent to Williams. It is located near the Cosmopolitan high-rise condo tower and I believe connected to the Galleria via tunnel. This plan also calls for a residential tower to be erected later in the second phase. I apologize if this has already been posted.

• Like 1

This has already been posted in the West Loop/Galleria/Memorial forum.

• Like 1

Yah, I was at the Cosmopolitan this morning. Thank god its so near the galleria and there's a tunnel because otherwise the walk would have been unbearable.

• Like 1

Yah, I was at the Cosmopolitan this morning. Thank god its so near the galleria and there's a tunnel because otherwise the walk would have been unbearable.

Good news. I've been waiting for something to happen on that corner for a long time. On a side note, the editor of that publication should be embarrased. Facts were wrong, and some poor writing in spots.

• Like 1

<br />There is a rumor about a new project in uptown, thought I heard some rumblings but thought I would test the waters here to see if I am just hearing things.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

That could be anything. Do you have any better description, please?

• Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

That could be anything. Do you have any better description, please?

I don't think this is any stage except that a conceptual design has been established and possibly some meetings. I know the land has been purchased, but whether or not something is built on it is a question mark. From what I understand it could be a couple of towers, one that might rival Williams tower, again this right now is pure speculation.

• Like 1

I don't think this is any stage except that a conceptual design has been established and possibly some meetings. I know the land has been purchased, but whether or not something is built on it is a question mark. From what I understand it could be a couple of towers, one that might rival Williams tower, again this right now is pure speculation.

are you talking about the dirt that traded for $230 psf?

or perhaps some land off mccue?

maybe post oak / richmond?

come on eng, you know better than to be that vauge. narrow it down a bit and maybe ill bite.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

are you talking about the dirt that traded for $230 psf?

or perhaps some land off mccue?

maybe post oak / richmond?

come on eng, you know better than to be that vauge. narrow it down a bit and maybe ill bite.

:ph34r:

This project is too new to give any specific details. I was just wondering if anyone here has heard anything about it. I probably should have kept this under wraps but it is sounding like a pretty high profile job. Even bigger that the W project imo.

• Like 1

This project is too new to give any specific details. I was just wondering if anyone here has heard anything about it. I probably should have kept this under wraps but it is sounding like a pretty high profile job. Even bigger that the W project imo.

well, now we're all curious

who is your little birdy??

• Like 1

Something that could rival Williams tower? All I know is that rumored 66-story people claim is going to be Ritz, but you are saying it's a brand new project, which the Ritz is not. Oh, this is getting good, especially since you've already proved your cred with the Oaks District stuff

• Like 1

Guys, like I said I shouldn't of said anything so early. This could end up being a project that never happens. So give me a little time and I will dish out info regardless if this moves ahead or not.

ENGcons, what is your occupation, you seem to know a lot about whats goign on in Houston. I'm graduating in May and is interested in getting into all this new development stuff. So i'm just asking so I can get a clearer picture of development and all the oppupations it has to offer, because as of now i really don't know very much.

• Like 1

ENGcons, what is your occupation, you seem to know a lot about whats goign on in Houston. I'm graduating in May and is interested in getting into all this new development stuff. So i'm just asking so I can get a clearer picture of development and all the oppupations it has to offer, because as of now i really don't know very much.

I prefer to remain as anonymous as possible but if you send me a PM I will try explain as much as I can.

Just a small briefing on this project, if this materializes it will be dramatic. I have not seen the renderings but they do exist, and the explaination of them is really quite stunning. Think tall, very tall.

• Like 1

Just a small briefing on this project, if this materializes it will be dramatic. I have not seen the renderings but they do exist, and the explaination of them is really quite stunning. Think tall, very tall.

Dude, stop it! You're making me giggle.

lol!

Let's hope it doesn't last until groundbreaking. It could be three or four years. Ouch, and embarrassing.

LOL

If this project turns out to be anything like the rumors, it will be worth the pain and embarrassment.

Good God! Can you imagine THREE 60+ floor towers in uptown in a few years. If all these projects actually happen according to plans (and early speculation), uptown will be packed with building cranes in a couple of years. Uptown could look like Houston's own little version of Dubai in 2010.

I'm drooling.

I know I'm also probably getting a little ahead of myself. But so what, this has been a good week.