Six Houston Center At 800 Caroline St.

UrbaNerd

Colliers claims 90% of the A and B product downtown is leased, based on this morning's BisNow (I know - two different people, two different days, two different opinions). And rents are going way up.

The BisNow article appeared to be referring to the East side of downtown and to Class A space, whereas the Colliers number is both Class A and B and all of downtown.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The Dallas one is U/C. The tower is called McKinney & Olive tower.

Here's their website: http://www.mckinneyandolive.com/

Btw there is nothing wrong with the design of 6 Houston Center, to me it looks nice. Plus I wouldn't get carried away, atleast you guys have a nice signature tower going up. Can't say that about Dallas. No offense Dallas. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Expect more delays with this one (...already waiting for a Houston19514 response). :lol:  I'm still not worried at this point and for me it's a matter of "when" not "if"... just a few things have delayed this project and hopefully I'll be able to speak about it later once construction begins. Something could change in November or December but I honestly wouldn't expect this to start this year... certainly possible for a Q1 2015 start.

• Like 4

Please do remember to tell us about those things that delayed construction, when you can, thanks.

Some of these "things" include the same factors that are affecting other projects in the Houston area (limited supplies, factoring in rapidly rising construction costs, etc.). A big factor, though, is Cresent itself who is watching the market... there is now a "trigger" for when it will begin construction. I'd like to say a lot more but that's all I can say right now.

• Like 2

Some of these "things" include the same factors that are affecting other projects in the Houston area (limited supplies, factoring in rapidly rising construction costs, etc.). A big factor, though, is Cresent itself who is watching the market... there is now a "trigger" for when it will begin construction. I'd like to say a lot more but that's all I can say right now.

Do they look at things like interest rates, oil prices, etc?  If so I could see why they might want to wait until things shake out.

Doesn't make me feel great that there is a 'trigger'. If they expect a trigger soon, why not start it now? Trigger means, it possibly could never be pulled.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's fascinating looking at the history of this project in the most recent cycle we are in. The construction documents were completed, they registered for LEED certificates, the financing was in order..... but it appears they waited too long yet again. The drop in oil prices have severely hurt this project. The plan was to move forward speculatively but they will no longer move forward unless a tenant is signed. They don't want to be stuck with a nearly empty tower even if they have the money in place. Construction was imminent over the summer months but the mindset of "wait and see" took over along with some internal related issues. I won't say this project is dead... there definitely is commitment behind it and I'm still willing to put my salary on the line that it will eventually be built but it may take some time. This information is several weeks old and I don't have a most recent update but I doubt they have secured a tenant since then. Oil prices aren't forecast to stabilize until mid-2015 at the earliest but there could be a non-oil related company that takes advantage of this tower.

• Like 2

It's fascinating looking at the history of this project in the most recent cycle we are in. The construction documents were completed, they registered for LEED certificates, the financing was in order..... but it appears they waited too long yet again. The drop in oil prices have severely hurt this project. The plan was to move forward speculatively but they will no longer move forward unless a tenant is signed. They don't want to be stuck with a nearly empty tower even if they have the money in place. Construction was imminent over the summer months but the mindset of "wait and see" took over along with some internal related issues. I won't say this project is dead... there definitely is commitment behind it and I'm still willing to put my salary on the line that it will eventually be built but it may take some time. This information is several weeks old and I don't have a most recent update but I doubt they have secured a tenant since then. Oil prices aren't forecast to stabilize until mid-2015 at the earliest but there could be a non-oil related company that takes advantage of this tower.

All I will say is a tenant rather sign with a new tower that is under construction than one that May or may not happen. The logger they wait to start this, the more they are screwing themselves. Same philosophy goes with many other things, including midstream.

• Like 2

Get off the pot if your not going to This should have been the first building to go up during the current boom. They have been planning this building for idk how many years and it still hasn't gone up. Just like last time they have sat on thier behinds and missed another opportunity to get this building built. I just don't understand why they continue to go thru the process of announcing a groud breaking releasing renderings and the whole deal to not build it.

• Like 2