River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2015/12/23/river-oaks-district-lands-two-story-steakhouse.html

A high-end steakhouse will open a new concept in Houston's River Oaks District this spring.

Steak 48 will be located in a 13,700-square-foot, two-story space in the mixed-use development at the corner of Westheimer Road and Westcreek Lane. The restaurant's menu will feature prime steaks, raw dishes, seafood, creative cocktails and wine.

• Like 2

I believe Phase III will depend ONLY on the Houston market for upscale, multiuse projects in a few years, and this will be dependent in part on the energy market outlook.  

Target is a VERY savvy company with excellent management, and assuming that is still the case in 2017-2020, then they will negotiate very well (hard) with whomever wants to buy their property. OliverMcMillan might have "more than a few" competitors for the Target  property, if & when Target is willing to even consider a sale, with its many considerations for their shareholders, and this is also assuming OM still likes this area submarket a lot, enough to roll the dice again after digesting already 16 acres.  A large piece of land again, and an investment of megabucks over several years of planning and building.  And I'm guessing Target would want a very nice multistory urban prototype store with a very nice, favorable lease....all in addition to a very fat check.  All of this is just IMHO.

OM might be a big believer in diversification.  Perhaps they might even move their chips from Uptown to Downtown in a few years.  I might have to move from Afton Oaks to Montrose.  :-)

Happy Holidays to all!

• Like 3

I didn't think RC was supposed to be the flag for the ROD hotel in Phase II? I was under the impression the planned Ritz was a plot north of ROD along Westcreek. But yeah, thats very disappointing if Ritz missed out AGAIN. Which begs the question.. what exactly were they waiting for...?

BTW, welcome to the forum MCM!

Edited by cloud713

Disappointing News:

The deal for a Ritz Carlton fell through several months ago. This from the VP of Operations at RC. Due to low oil prices. Shame they are not more aggressive to take advantage of lower construction costs. Shame- it would have been a great fit for ROD Phase 2.

keep-calm-and-don-t-shoot-the-messenger-

^^^ well, of course, i would never advocate "shooting the messenger".  however, someone definitely needs to be shot after referencing this most appalling news!

just how many times are we going to keep on referencing this most disappointing news that the RITZ CARLTON is once again extending these ridiculous excuses

for not re-establishing its monumental brand within the houston market? 

just what on earth is wrong with the RITZ CARLTON and houston?

the wonderful city of austin, tx has some of the most magnificent hospitality brands in today's market.  therefore, you mean to tell me that the fourth largest city in america just cannot jump over the hump?

we certainly would not want to discredit our newest HAIFER midcenturymodman, which by the way WELCOME TO HAIF!  however, are you 100% sure about this?  just what on earth is OLIVER MCMILLAN saying about this newest snub?

just how long is houston going to keep putting up with being ignored, as per this particular hospitality brand?

we would all love to harbor a RITZ CARLTON within our newest and gleaming retail essential ROD.  however, it is just not worth becoming a national laughingstock, due to their "oil" related excuses and nuances.

nonetheless, i am not giving up on OLIVER MCMILLAN.  it is my most heartfelt belief, that he shall bring forth something very special in the form of an ultra luxurious hospitality brand to ROD.

2016 is fast on its way... time will tell...

Edited by monarch
  • Like 1

Disappointing News:

The deal for a Ritz Carlton fell through several months ago. This from the VP of Operations at RC. Due to low oil prices. Shame they are not more aggressive to take advantage of lower construction costs. Shame- it would have been a great fit for ROD Phase 2.

Stop it Houston hater. The Houston economy is doing incredible.

• Like 5

Agreed, calm down. The disappointing 'news' appears to be a hoax. Don't believe it, someone's trolling. There hasn't even been an announcement that it's coming, yet. Now some newcomer says it isn't, lol. I speak with two OM executives on a regular basis, and a luxury hotel is indeed coming to Phase II. So until OM says different, I don't believe the so-called 'disappointing news.'

like clockwork.

good to know you're plugged in with OM, though... certainly in some very official capacity.

• Like 3

Agreed, calm down. The disappointing 'news' appears to be a hoax. Don't believe it, someone's trolling. There hasn't even been an announcement that it's coming, yet. Now some newcomer says it isn't, lol. I speak with two OM executives on a regular basis, and a luxury hotel is indeed coming to Phase II. So until OM says different, I don't believe the so-called 'disappointing news.'

Brah, calm down.. Ritz was supposably planned for a Westcreek plot north of ROD.. So nothing to do with OM.

It's funny when the pot calls the kettle black.

^^^ perhaps midcenturymodman will come back and espouse further upon the (wheres, whys, whats and hows,) of his conversation with the VP of Operations as per the RITZ.  why did this particular discussion take place regarding the RITZ and ROD?  where is the prospective locale of the RITZ at ROD?  what is the timeframe etc..?  MCMM, we're waiting...

• Like 3

Now look what you've done...

If you want the nonsense to end (:cough: CLOUD), don't feed the troll. You know better, we have plenty of examples on other threads and don't need another.

^^^ oh come on guys, let us STOP disrespecting each other upon this forum!  there are no "trolls" on HAIF.  i value everyone's opinions as well as contributions.  2016 is fast approaching upon what should be a monumental HAIFING year.  let us move forward....

• Like 2

Now look what you've done...

If you want the nonsense to end (:cough: CLOUD), don't feed the troll. You know better, we have plenty of examples on other threads and don't need another.

Didn't realize it was going to be this entertaining. Although I'll take a break, either way, this argument over Houston's market will absolutely continue whether I egg somebody on or not. 

• Like 1