River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd.

i just wanted to add that the landscaping done over the past weekend along westheimer is really top notch and lush...i love it..while i didnt get a picture i am sure someone will post their awesome photo updates soon enough! 

• Like 2

i just wanted to add that the landscaping done over the past weekend along westheimer is really top notch and lush...i love it..while i didnt get a picture i am sure someone will post their awesome photo updates soon enough! 

^^^ OMG gene, please find a way to get and post an illustration.  you know how i shall NEED to see this....

• Like 1

http://www.papercitymag.com/style/big-bling-comes-to-houston-jewelry-store-harry-winston-to-open-at-river-oaks-district/

Harry-Winston-787x620.jpg

Big Bling Comes to Houston:
Über-Exclusive Jewelry Store to Open in River Oaks District

Coming soon... Harry Winston to River Oaks District.

There is no press release. And there won’t be. But the signage is up. Two days before Houston’s luxe new shopping center River Oaks District is set to open, a walking tour reveals the newest retaile: Harry Winston. Yes, thejoaillier who famously courted some of the world’s wealthiest clientele (the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Aristotle Onassis, and Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor were patrons) is bringing its diamonds to Houston. As Harry Winston opened in Dallas in 2006, some would say it’s high time. Though Houston is in many respects more discreet than Dallas, there is no shortage of diamonds here.

Some of Winston’s most notorious acquisitions have included the 726-carat Jonker Diamond and the 69.42-carat Taylor-Burton Diamond. And, of course, who can forget the infamous blue Hope Diamond? It’s been said that Winston owned more of the world’s most famous stones than any other individual, government or royal house. Now his spirit and namesake brand lives on through his son, Ronald Winston, and the Winston high-visibility celebrity clientele, such as Jennifer Lopez and Gwyneth Paltrow, who flaunt the baubles regularly on the red carpet.

Facing the Brunello Cucinelli store and adjacent to Canali, the boutique will be in the same building asHermès. The space is raw — not much to see yet. But, make no mistake, the shine is already on, even without lights.

Edited by monarch
  • Like 1

i was able to finally go check out Cartier and walk around a little bit although man security here is tight and very concerned with everyone's safety in the unfinished areas which  i understand but man i just want to see the one place i can afford here and thats the movie theater! Haha! one worker was nice enough to let me know its on the back North west corner of the development on the second floor...i just couldnt get close to see it...

anyway...over by Cartier i will say that walking around this development does feel special and does feel high end and super nice...i was actually excited just seeing it all up close! bet its going to be beautiful at night all lit up....

anyway...cant wait for October when most everything opens!!! 

• Like 1

^^^ much obliged as per the cool update gene.  however, iPIC THEATER'S, should have been one of the largest developments there on site.  also, what about the ground pavement that one walk's upon, are they placing in decorative pavement?  not to mention, isn't the CARTIER boutique connected inside the very same building as the iPic THEATER itself.... at the very end?  (i could have sworn that this is indeed the case)  additionally, were there other customer's walking around this development as well, enjoying the forthcoming treasures?.  i applaud your courage!  i could never have done this, i would have lost my mind. those boutiques shall HAVE to be open for me to go into and shop.  there are some very cool items that i want to go in person and acquire.  especially some of those cool high end MONCLER candles.  oh boy...

cliente-moncler.jpg      

• Like 1

^^^ much obliged as per the cool update gene.  however, iPIC THEATER'S, should have been one of the largest developments there on site.  also, what about the ground pavement that one walk's upon, are they placing in decorative pavement?  not to mention, isn't the CARTIER boutique connected inside the very same building as the iPic THEATER itself.... at the very end?  (i could have sworn that this is indeed the case)  additionally, were there other customer's walking around this development as well, enjoying the forthcoming treasures?.  i applaud your courage!  i could never have done this, i would have lost my mind. those boutiques shall HAVE to be open for me to go into and shop.  there are some very cool items that i want to go in person and acquire.  especially some of those cool high end MONCLER candles.  oh boy...

cliente-moncler.jpg      

first off i NEED that candle!! i love candles haha! 

and in response to your question...IF the iPic is in the same exact building then they certainly were trying to keep that from as they pointed far to the back north west corner and said "its way over there on the 2nd story and you cant get to it today...sorry!" You asked about the decorative pavement and thats funny that i cannot remember anything about it haha...it was just so lushly landscaped and all the buildings looked so amazing once within the complex i never looked down that i remember...so maybe just regular sidewalks? but again, they went all out with beautiful landscaping...and just to decor and feel made me love it all. Security and maybe some property management types were all out and about prohibiting anyone from walking beyond the Cartier store and when you are within the compound you do get a feeling of a little mini maze of a village so you cannot see much from where you are except what is immediately around you if that makes sense... SO, get back to Houston so we can check it out when its all open...bring your wallet and i will let you know what i want for Christmas!!! ;) 

• Like 1

cliente-moncler.jpg      

How can a candle be "high end"?  Is it because it has two wicks?

Common lowlife that I am, I had never even heard of Moncler until this very moment.

• Like 7

How can a candle be "high end"?  Is it because it has two wicks?

Common lowlife that I am, I had never even heard of Moncler until this very moment.

^^^ oh come on subdude.  you shall never ever be a common lowlife in our book!  MONCLER, just so happens to be a very high end french outerwear brand.  they make some of the coolest down coats, jackets, parkas, and other apparel there is.  they have decided to follow the trend of getting into the lucrative CANDLE market.  as in basically everything else that they design and sell, their candles are some of the most magnificent around.  they harbor a huge international following....

Edited by monarch
  • Like 1