River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

Paying for 1 piece of quality clothing is much better than paying a small price multiple times for a cheap product. I'd rather have a smaller but much nicer quality (therefore price) wardrobe than anything made by Aeropostale or American Eagle.

Amen!

It's about Quality over Quantity.

• Like 3

http://www.etro.com/en_us/man/autumn-winter-14-15/jackets.html

God yes? More like god damn.

Commence hate posts/flaming now, I don't really care.

no way mike!  no flaming hate post here... not all products within the ETRO boutique's are that expensive.  although, quite a few are.  it is just a very cool store concept.  they have been around for decades... somewhat akin to gucci.  however, i cannot wait to experience them here in houston.  it's going to be cool...  

if i might add, i honestly don't know exactly how anyone is going to be able to keep me away from all the shops at ROD.  does anyone know...

Edited by monarch

Paying for 1 piece of quality clothing is much better than paying a small price multiple times for a cheap product. I'd rather have a smaller but much nicer quality (therefore price) wardrobe than anything made by Aeropostale or American Eagle.

Yes, that is my philosophy with everything. Same can be applied: build 1 nice building than 2 cheap ones

I hope it gets an Express. I love clothes from them! I could buy out the whole store if I had the money >.>

I'm sorry, but I can't tell if this is sarcasm. Hoping it is... Either way, I can bet that ROD will not get an Express.

• Like 1

Amen brother. I got a closet full of Gucci, Burberry, Tom Ford, Versace, etc...

no way mike! no flaming hate post here... not all products within the ETRO boutique's are that expensive. although, quite a few are. it is just a very cool store concept. they have been around for decades... somewhat akin to gucci. however, i cannot wait to experience them here in houston. it's going to be cool...

if i might add, i honestly don't know exactly how anyone is going to be able to keep me away from all the shops at ROD. does anyone know...

Monarch, if you dont mind me asking, how much is Fluor Daniels paying a Senior Operations guy per year, ballpark?
  • Like 1

Monarch, if you dont mind me asking, how much is Fluor Daniels paying a Senior Operations guy per year, ballpark?

aaaahhh, but you must keep in mind my good pal... that whenever i venture into a (zone of special danger) such as the THEATER OF AFGHANISTAN vs IRAQ vs whereever our great DOD needs us to manage our troops... there is always a CONSIDERABLE salary markup.  now keep in mind, that i have been performing these great middle eastern tasks for quite a few years.... get the financial picture now $$$$$$....

how do you think that i am able to practically live / play in dubai, uae?  not to mention, constantly lodge at some of the most magnificent hotels upon this universe.... hard work abroad, does in indeed have it's benefits....  oh, and pretty soon, i shall be headed back for more.

Edited by monarch

Amen brother. I got a closet full of Gucci, Burberry, Tom Ford, Versace, etc...

howard, you probably will not believe this... however, usually, when i am vacationing in dubai, i normally lodge at either the KEMPINSKI HOTEL (mall of the emirates) or THE ADDRESS HOTEL (dubai mall uae), anyway, whenever i decide to venture forth out of my hotel room to go shopping inside the mall... i am pretty much very well dressed (white tailored shorts, cool white valentino, gucci, ferragamo polo, ivy newsboy cap, leather gucci loafers, leather backpack... the works.  

i am completely attired to shop at some of the foremost stores / boutique's in the world.  however, when it comes to the TOM FORD store at either mall... this particular store is so very intimidating... that i always feel completely underdressed.  therefore, to date, no matter how many times i have stood right outside of it's front door... i have never shopped at a TOM FORD boutique.  the store always looks as though, you have to knock on the front door for them to permit you inside their boutique via butler.  

TOM FORD, has got to be one of the most intimidating boutiques that i have ever experienced...

aaaahhh, but you must keep in mind my good pal... that whenever i venture into a (zone of special danger) such as the THEATER OF AFGHANISTAN vs IRAQ vs whereever our great DOD needs us to manage our troops... there is always a CONSIDERABLE salary markup. now keep in mind, that i have been performing these great middle eastern tasks for quite a few years.... get the financial picture now $$$$$$....

how do you think that i am able to practically live / play in dubai, uae? not to mention, constantly lodge at some of the most magnificent hotels upon this universe.... hard work abroad, does in indeed have it's benefits.... oh, and pretty soon, i shall be headed back for more.

Isnt all money made overseas untaxable in the US, up to a certain amount??

Isnt all money made overseas untaxable in the US, up to a certain amount??

i am not certain regarding "all" money.  for i am sure there shall be guidelines / criteria depending upon how one goes about performing their trade etc..  however, upon my line of business, any sum over $95,000.00 is indeed taxable to some degree.  also, should one come home to the states to visit for more than 30x days... they shall indeed be taxed.  

this is why i stay away and relax where ever i am.  i am single.  therefore, i don't have people bothering me.... period.  

• Like 1

Yes, that is my philosophy with everything. Same can be applied: build 1 nice building than 2 cheap ones

(philosophy being defined as quality over quantity)

I agree in regards to quality over quantity. For example, I usually buy top of the line Mac computers that last 2x or 3x longer than cheap PCs. I only recently retired the Power Mac G5 computer that I bought in August 2004 - but I plan to drive it up to my mom's house this weekend, and upgrade her from an even older Power Mac G4. Hopefully she can get another year of use out of the G5.

What is the definition of quality for clothes, however? Is the fabric on a more expensive garment actually of better quality? Is it more durable than a cheaper garment? Surely a large amount of the cash put towards the purchase of name-brand "fashionable" type garments, goes towards costs such as marketing, which have no bearing on the build quality of the actual product, and in fact marketing serves to influence customers to potentially disregard practical benchmarks such as quality and durability in favor of more superficial benchmarks such as brand and fashion.

• Like 1

(philosophy being defined as quality over quantity)

I agree in regards to quality over quantity. For example, I usually buy top of the line Mac computers that last 2x or 3x longer than cheap PCs. I only recently retired the Power Mac G5 computer that I bought in August 2004 - but I plan to drive it up to my mom's house this weekend, and upgrade her from an even older Power Mac G4. Hopefully she can get another year of use out of the G5.

What is the definition of quality for clothes, however? Is the fabric on a more expensive garment actually of better quality? Is it more durable than a cheaper garment? Surely a large amount of the cash put towards the purchase of name-brand "fashionable" type garments, goes towards costs such as marketing, which have no bearing on the build quality of the actual product, and in fact marketing serves to influence customers to potentially disregard practical benchmarks such as quality and durability in favor of more superficial benchmarks such as brand and fashion.

People often think that the price is simply marked higher because of the brand when, lets not be naive though, it does play a part, but not that much if at all. A brand gets more recognition because it's simply a higher quality product because it uses higher quality stuff. I mean Walmart is a pretty BIG brand, but you don't see it affect prices....actually you associate that brand with the products being cheaply priced! For garments it really does depend on the fabric that its made of and where it was made (meaning labor). All that I'm talking about btw is materials and products and not about the actual business and the market which is way out of my realm. A shirt that's made of silk and made in america is going to fetch a big cost while a shirt made of cotton from Bangladesh will fetch an extremely low price. Those are extremes on the spectrum ofc but it shows the many variations fashion can take. Better materials, even though they are expensive, mean that it will last longer which also means that the asking price will be a bit higher.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 2

Listen, swtsig is no doubt our best insider but I don't see why htownlive can't be telling the truth. Sounds legit to me.

Some people here sure do like to try and scare away new insiders without giving them a chance. HAIF would have more if others weren't chased off.

Best Hotels in Texas & the Southwest: Readers' Choice Awards 2014

http://www.cntraveler.com/readers-choice-awards/2014/united-states/best-hotels-in-texas-and-the-southwest-readers-choice-awards-2014

• Like 2

point well taken.  thanks for sharing the insight.  wait until they get a whiff of the new JW MARRIOTT downtown houston... this hotel is splendid.

I'm just going to say I find it hard to believe someone's credentials when they come blasting them all over the place....so if you come on the internet and say you're part of Parker's inner circle, I am hesitant to believe you, mostly because if you were found out, you would be shitcanned in like five seconds for being a leak (politicians love those). 

The other people on this forum, are understated, come with information, but don't really let us know how they come by it, but we get the impression from their scope of knowledge that they are in the development or commercial real estate industry. 

• Like 2

People often think that the price is simply marked higher because of the brand when, lets not be naive though, it does play a part, but not that much if at all. A brand gets more recognition because it's simply a higher quality product because it uses higher quality stuff. I mean Walmart is a pretty BIG brand, but you don't see it affect prices....actually you associate that brand with the products being cheaply priced! For garments it really does depend on the fabric that its made of and where it was made (meaning labor). All that I'm talking about btw is materials and products and not about the actual business and the market which is way out of my realm. A shirt that's made of silk and made in america is going to fetch a big cost while a shirt made of cotton from Bangladesh will fetch an extremely low price. Those are extremes on the spectrum ofc but it shows the many variations fashion can take. Better materials, even though they are expensive, mean that it will last longer which also means that the asking price will be a bit higher.

Exactly. For those of us who care about better clothing and fashion, at least for me, name brand does mean a lot. If I associate that brand with high quality products designed by well-known designers, then I'm going to buy it and proudly wear it/show it off. For me, fashion is a statement about myself I like to maintain and uphold. 

• Like 1

Exactly. For those of us who care about better clothing and fashion, at least for me, name brand does mean a lot. If I associate that brand with high quality products designed by well-known designers, then I'm going to buy it and proudly wear it/show it off. For me, fashion is a statement about myself I like to maintain and uphold. 

Yawn...  :rolleyes:

• Like 5