River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd. & 4702 Westheimer Rd.

• 3 weeks later...

still amazed that they couldn't make a high rise work in this location... hotel, apartment even condo. in fact i'm practically baffled by their omission.

I agree, they aren't bullish at all it seems. Taking the least risk possible. But if you can't be bullish now, when can you be?

• Like 1

I agree, it's a missed opportunity.  Maybe they didn't know Houston well enough to take a chance after the recession?  In any case, it will still be a nice addition to the neighborhood, in my opinion.  

Hopefully, CoH will fix up Westheimer in that area ... plus the sidewalk on the south side.  It is an embarrassment to the city to have international visitors walking through muddy water to get from their hotels to shops and restaurants inside the loop there.

I agree, it's a missed opportunity. Maybe they didn't know Houston well enough to take a chance after the recession? In any case, it will still be a nice addition to the neighborhood, in my opinion.

Hopefully, CoH will fix up Westheimer in that area ... plus the sidewalk on the south side. It is an embarrassment to the city to have international visitors walking through muddy water to get from their hotels to shops and restaurants inside the loop there.

The renderings of the included skyscrapers pre-recession were extremely modern and unlike anything currently going up. It's a shame they couldn't have at least added a few more floors to the residential portion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Happened to drive by this evening and the skeletons of the buildings are visible well above the construction fencing.  They've got a webcam here...

http://www.earthcam.net/projects/olivermcmillan/rod/

WOW!  much obliged my great pal august948.  there is always one of our HAIF mates, upon the right place at the right time.  props, again!

Bit of a tangent but I am curious...Does anyone know if Bettis will be opened up to run contiguously from Mid Ln to Westcreek?

I hope so. I always thought that would make a great streetcar connector route. If nothing else it would be nice to spruce up a pedestrian pathway along Bettis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...