River Oaks District: Mixed-Use Development At 4444 Westheimer Rd.

i walked thru yesterday (Sunday).  I think I saw more security guards and valets than actual customers, though there were a few more people who (like me) who were just checking things out.  Some friendly shop clerks waved at me through open doors, since the weather was nice.  That said, I think that business will really pick up once some restaurants open, as well as the apartments.  Personally, I will definitely patronize the iPic and restaurants.  (The boutiques, no ... although I'm glad they are there.)

Edited by ArchFan
  • Like 2

I wish an electronics store would open here with smaller high end lossless audio players, headphones, remotes, virtual reality tech, audiophile speakers, and home automation tech. The really high end stuff. Does any such store even exist?

There used to be a Bose store right by the tracks in Highland Village.

I've only heard of some of these stores from music videos. Some of the brands are in Saks & Neiman's.

hey just a heads up...if you go to www.riveroaksdistrict.com then click on the entertainment tab, then iPic you will see a Become A Member Today tab.

this will allow you to get a FREE sapphire membership for a year and a free ticket to a movie exclusive to Houston new members! 

• Like 5

hey just a heads up...if you go to www.riveroaksdistrict.com then click on the entertainment tab, then iPic you will see a Become A Member Today tab.

this will allow you to get a FREE sapphire membership for a year and a free ticket to a movie exclusive to Houston new members! 

Awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Do we know when this theater opens?

• Like 1

^^^ i signed up a few days ago.  i have also become a member of THE TUCK ROOM.  the little hideout located inside of the iPic Theater.  however, much obliged as per the heads up gene.  tuck-room-255x255.png

• Like 1

i went again this weekend just to show a few friends and honestly its like a ghost town for the most part...i cannot wait for the restaurants and theater to open so it will feel more alive and vibrant with pedestrians/shoppers/diners etc! it is beautiful at night though :) 

• Like 1

yeah i think that is exactly why...it definitely looks and feels unfinished with so may unopened businesses and all the construction still going on etc (including the residential portion is still under major construction)...so when then apartments, restaurants and theater open i guarantee you there will be a different feel and vibe...and tons more people enjoying all it has to offer...cant wait!

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/retail/houston-surpasses-dallas-in-retail-appeal-50916

Houston Surpasses Dallas in Retail Appeal

Houston is becoming a regular second market for companies looking to expand beyond their home base, and it’s typical for Houston to be a brand’s third-best location behind New York and Los Angeles. And it’s not because Houston’s a discount play, Nick says—the rents at the River Oaks District prove that, and he says the team’s about to take those to a whole new level there.

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 5