Cevallos Street Soflo District Renderings And Information

kingwilliam

th_44899_cevallosstreet-_122_479lo.JPG th_44432_cevallosstreet2_122_1065lo.JPG th_44437_cevallosstreet3_122_37lo.JPG

Cevallos Street [Mixed-Use Development in the SoFlo District]

Providing much-needed downtown residential development combined with commercial infill, Cevallos Street is envisioned as the "magic link" connecting the established Southtown Arts District and the emerging SoFlo district. 500 apartments and townhouses will create a residential neighborhood along Peden Street. Parts of Peden Street previously lost to development are planned to be brought back to match historic contours, connecting South Flores Street and the San Antonio River.

Four-story buildings are planned to wrap around 400- space parking garages, presenting a lively facade to Peden Street (instead of parking decks). Planned amenities are generous: swimming pools and recreation spaces are nestled in courtyards within the buildings, and roof decks extending out from living spaces will provide panoramic views of the surrounding city.

Ground floor commercial space fronts the street on the East side of the development, and interacts with existing neighborhood commercial space at the corner of Cevallos and Probandt Streets. At the West end of the site, Peden Street continues through to South Flores as a pedestrian corridor and accesses South Flores at multiple locations, providing a healthy amount of circulation.

The architectural expression of the planned buildings responds to the variety of forms and materials present in the surrounding industrial and warehouse buildings. Facades are developed with an urban vocabulary of corrugated steel, stucco, split-faced concrete block, and aluminum storefront system.

The development is split into two phases. Phase I is roughly the Eastern half of the site. Both phases are expected to be complete by late 2010.

Additional Information:

th_47677_location_122_1136lo.JPG

Hi King William, welcome.

Thx for putting up the renderings. A lot of the plans for SA are starting to take place, I see the work on the river extensions has started, that's great, especially the south, Mission extension.

I lived there for 11 years, moved back to Houston last fall. Pretty amazing growth the last 5 years or so. I know the King William, Southtown area really well. But 'SoFLo' ? That name actually stuck?? That used to be a bad joke at La Tuna. For those who don't know San Antonio well, the area could be compared to Washington Ave. Industrial area bordered by historic district, on the rail line.

Trains running right past your $300,000 apartment window, just like here in Houston!

"SoFlo"? Good grief. :wacko: Is there some law where developers feel one of those names is necessary to indicate an area is hip, or is trying to be trendy? I'm pleased to say that the "SoDo" and "NoDo" names never took in Houston. I would like to think that carping here at HAIF helped put an end to it. ^_^

OK, silly fussing about the name aside, welcome to the board and thanks for the San Antonio updates. A bit of a side issue, but all the renderings show palm trees. Aren't they unusual in San Antonio?

OK, silly fussing about the name aside, welcome to the board and thanks for the San Antonio updates. A bit of a side issue, but all the renderings show palm trees. Aren't they unusual in San Antonio?

Palms trees are definitely not unusual in San Antonio.

palmsip1.png

palms2rm3.png

179070023_0edab7583b_b.jpg

landscapes_beach030AP2.jpg

1369588436_e6534cbb89_o.jpg

1172953536_b2037d4002_b.jpg

• The title was changed to Cevallos Street Soflo District Renderings And Information

Archived