Gutters - David Carcia - 281-236-4069

Tree Trimming and Removal - EF Trees - Mr. Flores - 713-299-5274

Iron Work and Motorized Gates - Felix @ MMM - 713-777-9797

Tub and Tile refinishing (epoxy) - Julio @ JF refinishing - 281-596-9743

Insulation - Larry @ Payless Insulation - 281-667-5601

Trim Carpenter - Manuel Hernandez - 832-677-6547

Garage Doors and openers - Payless Garage Doors - Marcos Ramirez - 281-726-6897

Window Cleaning - Mark - 832-978-9892

Sewer line investigation - Michael Busch @ Professional Drain Inspectors - 713-304-5150

Granite - Michael Castro @ Granite in Stone - 713-382-6854

Copper weatherstripping and Thresholds - Raul Retiz - 281-932-2484

Frameless shower enclosures and mirrors - Roque Ramirez @ Visual Glass - 832-398-5976

Enjoy,

flipper

p.s. tell them Jonathan sent you so I can start getting better prices ;)

thanks for the list!

here are some people that I had an excellent experience with (honest, great quality work, lowest price *surpisingly this combination does exist!*:

Pavered driveway - Pavers y Mas- Valente Belemudez- Symmetry patterned pavers in a custom color combination installed for about $7.00 installed a sq.ft with drainage... I was getting upwards of $9 to $12 elsewhere. This is a very honest family operated company.

Painting- A&K Painting- Fernando -$9,000 for complete interior painting for a new 5,000+ sq. foot custom home with high ceilings with one color for walls, one for trim, one for ceiling, and 3 to 4 other different choices for different rooms using sherwin williams eggshell paint. this price was only for the paint since the texture was already applied but I had a quote from other companies for $13,000, $16,000 and an unbelievable $30,000 (maybe they were going to use gold)

Wrought iron railings- Juarez Iron Works- Gabriel- $63.00 a linear foot for custom designed and faux finished exterior railing with installation. Usually it is $90 to $112 for a similar design and finish but they are a small company just starting out whom i predict will be very successful with their customer service and

honesty.

Plumbing- Ken Wheat- about $4,000 to install plumbing fixtures throughout and several other plumbing and electrical tasks. He is very trustworthy.

I had used Payless insulation also and my rep was Casey. They did an excellent job three weeks ago and for a great price too! I think it was about 78 cents a lf for r-38 and about 5 cents more for celbar.

I wish I could say the same for the several other companies I used for various tasks.

I am not a builder just an ordindary homeowner who had to finish out my home myself.

If you would like contact information or pictures of the work done in my home PM me.

Now how about a list of who to AVOID... :wacko:

Pavered driveway - Pavers y Mas- Valente Belemudez- Symmetry patterned pavers in a custom color combination installed for about $7.00 installed a sq.ft with drainage... I was getting upwards of $9 to $12 elsewhere. This is a very honest family operated company.

Painting- A&K Painting- Fernando -$9,000 for complete interior painting for a new 5,000+ sq. foot custom home with high ceilings with one color for walls, one for trim, one for ceiling, and 3 to 4 other different choices for different rooms using sherwin williams eggshell paint. this price was only for the paint since the texture was already applied but I had a quote from other companies for $13,000, $16,000 and an unbelievable $30,000 (maybe they were going to use gold)

These are great! I just had my driveway broken out and repoured @ $4/ft. If I knew I could get pavers for $7/ft I might have gone that direction.

flipper

• 2 months later...
Awesome info guys!

How about electricians - any you'd recommend?

Lone Star Electric-Javier. They completely rewired the last house I redeveloped and did such a great job that the city inspector stated that he did not need to see the rest of the house because of how clean the breaker box was installed. That says a lot about the quality of work they do.

Lone Star Electric-Javier. They completely rewired the last house I redeveloped and did such a great job that the city inspector stated that he did not need to see the rest of the house because of how clean the breaker box was installed. That says a lot about the quality of work they do.

Is this the one?

Lone Star Electric

They completely rewired the last house I redeveloped and did such a great job that the city inspector stated that he did not need to see the rest of the house because of how clean the breaker box was installed. That says a lot about the quality of work they do.

Tells me how little value a permit really is. ;)

Is this the one?

Lone Star Electric

That is not the same one. If you need a contact number, you can IM me.

Tells me how little value a permit really is. ;)

I think that the electrician has a good reputation. When you have a good reputation, they are little bit more relaxed on their inspections because they know the work is going to be correctly. I would never say the city permit process is not valuable. They have been very hard of me sometimes until I proved myself.

• 1 month later...
Window Repair? I need some wood sills replaced (emergency) and a few sashes.

TIA

Try Boessling Door & Remodeling (713) 941-4332. I had them build a new set of wood sashes to match my remaining 1910 era window sashes. They did great work and their prices were very reasonable.

Has anyone used or know anything about Rapid Ready Mix?

Portable Toilets - Best Portable Toilets - Ed - 281-924-5679

Brick work - Brick Restoration - Gabrielle - 281-558-1828

Hardwood Flooring - C.H.W.F. Inc - Carlos - 713-894-3827

Cabinet Hardware - Cornerstone - 713-839-8586

Gutters - David Carcia - 281-236-4069

Tree Trimming and Removal - EF Trees - Mr. Flores - 713-299-5274

Iron Work and Motorized Gates - Felix @ MMM - 713-777-9797

Tub and Tile refinishing (epoxy) - Julio @ JF refinishing - 281-596-9743

Insulation - Larry @ Payless Insulation - 281-667-5601

Trim Carpenter - Manuel Hernandez - 832-677-6547

Garage Doors and openers - Payless Garage Doors - Marcos Ramirez - 281-726-6897

Window Cleaning - Mark - 832-978-9892

Sewer line investigation - Michael Busch @ Professional Drain Inspectors - 713-304-5150

Granite - Michael Castro @ Granite in Stone - 713-382-6854

Copper weatherstripping and Thresholds - Raul Retiz - 281-932-2484

Frameless shower enclosures and mirrors - Roque Ramirez @ Visual Glass - 832-398-5976

Enjoy,

flipper

p.s. tell them Jonathan sent you so I can start getting better prices ;)

Can any one recommend reasonable priced quality home inspecters?

I have signed contract to buy a new home in Katy area, and I would like to do Phase inspection for my new constrution home.

Thanks in advance.

Tommy Thompson with Better Residential Home Inspections was a builder in another life, so he is great with new construction. He will do phase inspections if they are close to his home and I believe he lives just north of Katy. His number is 713-882-7460.

If he is not able to do the phase inspections, then call Fox Inspection Group at 713-723-3330. They are a bit more expensive, but will do phase inspections on new construction anywhere. The most important inspections will be the framing inspection and the final.

• 2 months later...

25% through with my flip. Looking for an electrician now....I saw the one that was recommended, but I was wondering if anyone had any others they would recommend?

I need them to do a complete rewire - from scratch - house is down to the studs now.

Thanks!

Landscaping and Hardscaping - Isabel Corvera, Corvera Ground Maintenance & Design, 713-692-4350 (does my weekly yard work plus put in a brick sidewalk, brick steps and fixed my horrible drainage problem).

Plumbing work - Nick's Plumbing, 1420 N. Durham, 713-868-9907 (I've had them go to my house, fix my leaking outside pipes, call me when they are done, and take my cc info over the phone so I never had to go home).

Garages and Garage Apts - Harvard Heights (Mike Shelton) - http://www.harvardheights.com/. Also does concrete work. Very flakey but nice guy, works very quickly and does great job. Best price.

Allstar Construction - Dennis Haws - http://www.allstarconstruction.com/ - built a small utility room addition (9x16) on the back of my house. Dennis makes sure you are happy with the job and was really great about matching the exterior to the rest of my old house. Competitive prices. They do design and build so you don't have to use an architect.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to PM you -- perhaps thats limited to paying memberships here. I too am in need of an electrician recommendation as I need a breaker change-out. I'd like to call Javier, but would need a number.Many thanks.

Allison

That is not the same one. If you need a contact number, you can IM me.

I think that the electrician has a good reputation. When you have a good reputation, they are little bit more relaxed on their inspections because they know the work is going to be correctly. I would never say the city permit process is not valuable. They have been very hard of me sometimes until I proved myself.

Archived