Anything You Want

gwilson

I would have gone with Paula Dean. She deep fries stuffing on a stick. :lol:

You know, one of Florida's creative class measures was was the 'gay index'. So the question is, who's more gay? I think you're right. Paula Dean, hands down. She is the Rip Torn of food tv.

I had the misfortune of watching an episode of Paula's Parties( I think was the title) and it was like a drag show. She came out dressed in white gogo boots and did some buttery, mayonnaise-ey food. She had to have been drunk. At least I hope so.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A 10x10 play area, that's it! And the multiple-lane tool will be released later at a cost.

What I don't like the most is how we now have to pay for everything. Paying to play in "planet mode" and now paying for the multiple lane tool. What a big let down, but you have to remember, the developers are French. :lol: j/k.

For those of you who watch local news, it will be interesting to see if this gets reported: American General is doing its long planned layoffs today. Will be a very large reduction in force for the Houston home office and some of the satellite locations.

I find out at 2 if I stay or go! Fingers crossed. Last thing the HAIF needs is me, unemployed with a laptop and idle hands.

For those of you who watch local news, it will be interesting to see if this gets reported: American General is doing its long planned layoffs today. Will be a very large reduction in force for the Houston home office and some of the satellite locations.

I find out at 2 if I stay or go! Fingers crossed. Last thing the HAIF needs is me, unemployed with a laptop and idle hands.

Hopefully we still see an active crunch at 2:01

Hopefully, we'll have a very silent Crunch for awhile because she'll be doing the work of three people. :)

Good Luck!!

Hopefully, we'll have a very silent Crunch for awhile because she'll be doing the work of three people. :)

Good Luck!!

Oh Crunch, that must feel just awful for everybody there. I wish you the best. If it is meant for you to stay, I hope it is good, if not, I hope you find something much better.

Whew! I am safe. Still gainfully employed in a much smaller American General. A total bloodletting. Nearly 70% RIF.

Half my comm team works in Milwaukee, and that office is being shuttered, completely. Channel 2 had a van out, so they may have some coverage. Very tough day. One of my very best guys got cut, and not only do I rely on him immensely, he has a severely disabled son at home who requires constant care (and affordable insurance). What sucks is that managers couldn't even tell their own people. We got herded into conference rooms and told if we were in the good room or the bad room. Those of us staying were told to leave the premises so everyone else could pack up.

Whew! I am safe. Still gainfully employed in a much smaller American General. A total bloodletting. Nearly 70% RIF.

Half my comm team works in Milwaukee, and that office is being shuttered, completely. Channel 2 had a van out, so they may have some coverage. Very tough day. One of my very best guys got cut, and not only do I rely on him immensely, he has a severely disabled son at home who requires constant care (and affordable insurance). What sucks is that managers couldn't even tell their own people. We got herded into conference rooms and told if we were in the good room or the bad room. Those of us staying were told to leave the premises so everyone else could pack up.

RIF?

good room/bad room???? ouch, what a bad way to go.

Glad you're still an employed HACFer

RIF?

good room/bad room???? ouch, what a bad way to go.

Glad you're still an employed HACFer

RIF--Reduction in Force.

I have made it 18 years in financial services and have always survived layoffs, only leaving jobs of my own accord. Amazing to think how lucky I've been. It gets harder each time watching friends leave. And having to make decisions that put someone out of work. I was spared that activity this time, thank god. Especially in the current economic environment.

edit: my group was over 50 % -the numbers being reported by corporte comm are 17% RIF overall. Which is good news!

My group suffered because it was a huge sales distribution outfit.

According to the Dallas Fed, the Houston economy peaked last November and then declining oil prices helped push the region into the recession that engulfed the nation.

Based on recent economic data, the group says it sees "few signs that the rate of decline in the local economy is slowing."

The Dallas Fed reports that oil markets are largely focused on the U.S. economy, the strength of the dollar and on inventory levels given that consumption of gasoline is down 2.6 percent compared to a year ago and oil prices have risen from $50 to $70 a barrel recently.

http://capitalsolutionsbancorp.com/news/da...update-20090624

What a crummy way to handle such a sensative issue (go room/stay room).

I'm so glad you survived. In terms of numbers, how many 'heads' were affected here in Houston?

only about 130. the overhwelming majority of those came from sales and marketing, so it really wasn't a corporate rightsizing, more like a department realignment. There are 12 left of about 47 in my immediate area. It's like the zombie floor now.

RIP Farrah Fawcett

:o wow. Did Ryan O'Neal marry her before she died?

only about 130. the overhwelming majority of those came from sales and marketing, so it really wasn't a corporate rightsizing, more like a department realignment. There are 12 left of about 47 in my immediate area. It's like the zombie floor now.

:o wow. Did Ryan O'Neal marry her before she died?

he wanted to but don't believe it happened.

He still might try to.

my new favorite lines about the most interesting man in the world:

He'd never initiate a conversation about the weather, even in a typhoon.

He's against cruelty to animals, but isn't afraid to issue a stern warning.

While many of us have commented on the Houston Chronicle online commenters, many of whom appear to be the dangerous right wing extremists that the DHS report warned us about, we have also wondered where the intelligent and funny Chronicle readers hang out. Well, wonder no more. They hang out at Eric Berger, 'The SciGuy's blog commenting on the humans being used to taste test cat food.

http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/archives/200...t_cat_food.html

Next on The HAIF things get interesting! RedScare and The Niche compete for posts, the secret relationship between two well-known HAIFers, NenaE's true love leaves her, a bad cold lands BryanS in the hospital, and Memebag is leaving?!

(that was a joke, Nena, Red, Bryan, and Niche...please don't get offended)

Clever, one of the few posts that I actually find funny IronTiger. . . :P

I kid. You're alright. :D

Would you do this?

Coming into the parking lot a little while ago, I see a well-built guy with his shirt off, in gym shorts walking into the building. He was going to our company gym facility, obviously.

This is a big parking lot, during lunch hours. I just didn't understand it. Actually I do but...

Maybe I should give him the benefit of the doubt and say that he had his window down and the wind ripped it off or he was being mugged and the guy ripped it off as he was getting away????

Unless the gym was "shirt" optional, he was just showing off. No reason for it.

Clever, one of the few posts that I actually find funny IronTiger. . . :P

I kid. You're alright. :D

Unless the gym was "shirt" optional, he was just showing off. No reason for it.

remember, the gym is inside the work building. It's not a private gym.

Archived