Anything You Want

gwilson

Have you ever accidentally shoplifted anything?

Once I got to my car to unload stuff from a hardware store and there was 2 boxes of nails. I really needed them though so.....assumed it was a gift from above? maybe he gives away nails on ocassion?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you ever accidentally shoplifted anything?

Once I got to my car to unload stuff from a hardware store and there was 2 boxes of nails. I really needed them though so.....assumed it was a gift from above? maybe he gives away nails on ocassion?

I have actually. I have this bad habit of getting chocolate milk while I grocery shop as a treat. I drink it while I finish up the shopping and then the checkout lady scans it and throws the empty bottle away. Well, one time I was shopping and I set the bottle down to check out some details on another product and forgot to pick it back up.

I paid, left, got home and realized I had forgotten to pay for the milk. I made mention of it to the check out lady the next time I was in as a semi-joke and she said don't worry about it. So I didn't. My conscience was at ease.

I have actually. I have this bad habit of getting chocolate milk while I grocery shop as a treat. I drink it while I finish up the shopping and then the checkout lady scans it and throws the empty bottle away. Well, one time I was shopping and I set the bottle down to check out some details on another product and forgot to pick it back up.

I paid, left, got home and realized I had forgotten to pay for the milk. I made mention of it to the check out lady the next time I was in as a semi-joke and she said don't worry about it. So I didn't. My conscience was at ease.

That reminds me of an old 3 Stooges scene where Moe frisks the pockets of Curly and a bunch of silver ware like spoons, forks, knives, ladels, etc fall on the floor while shaking him for the contents of his pockets. Even a hand held mixer and saw fall out. Hilarious stuff, sure miss that kind of slapstick humor. :lol:

Milk's nasty! Sometimes I can't even drink the instant hot chocolate because I can taste the milk in it.

Bad '80s video alert:

I like how this guy basically has to dance in one spot otherwise he'll move away from the blue screen:

Maybe we should have a True Confessions topic?

This "innovative" video would play overhead on a huge silver screen at a local dance club. The crowd below would be worshipping while you danced along. :blush::ph34r:

This flash-in-the-pan dude is a shoe-in for Max Headroom. Best thing to do is puke the milk on him/her/whatever. MTV was at it's zenith.

Virtigo58:

Maybe we should have a True Confessions topic?

This "innovative" video would play overhead on a huge silver screen at a local dance club. The crowd below would be worshipping while you danced along.

Well shut my mouth wide open, you're just full of surprises, aren't you?

This flash-in-the-pan dude is a shoe-in for Max Headroom. Best thing to do is puke the milk on him/her/whatever. MTV was at it's zenith.

Kinky?

Milk's nasty! Sometimes I can't even drink the instant hot chocolate because I can taste the milk in it. Bad '80s video alert: I like how this guy basically has to dance in one spot otherwise he'll move away from the blue screen:
Milk is great. Good chocolate milk especially.I see your Baltimora and raise you an Information Society.
I hate when there's a herd of people rushing to get through one door but not one bothers to open the other door next to it.
I hate it when people move in herds. I prefer packs or gaggles.

I hate when there's a herd of people rushing to get through one door but not one bothers to open the other door next to it.

People tend to move in packs I guess. When I worked in a box office there would always be a few lines that were really long, yet all the rest of the windows were either empty or had very few people at them. It was mysterious as to why the people didn't go to the shorter or empty windows.

Thanks Kimberly, I couldn't get that Baltimora tune out of my head all day yesterday.

1 more confession:

Still have the single of the latest (1989) dance sensation "The Lambada" by Kaoma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambada

Entertainment Tonight showed Mary Hart interviewing dancers as they bump & grinded on live TV. This dance was to sweep the nation,take it by storm, etc.

First song, then movie, then clothes, then....

By end of year it went kaput.

Here today gone tomorrow! :lol: get your Maalox ready!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AfTl5Vg73A

ChannelTwoNews thought this project may have been mentioned somewhere else already. Can anyone think of which thread it was?

Here are the specs:

Two 30-story towers with 28 floors. 222-unit San Felipe condo development.

Here is the link w/ the information.

Vertigo58:

Thanks Kimberly, I couldn't get that Baltimora tune out of my head all day yesterday.

1 more confession:

Still have the single of the latest (1989) dance sensation "The Lambada" by Kaoma.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambada

Entertainment Tonight showed Mary Hart interviewing dancers as they bump & grinded on live TV. This dance was to sweep the nation,take it by storm, etc.

First song, then movie, then clothes, then....

By end of year it went kaput.

Here today gone tomorrow! get your Maalox ready!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AfTl5Vg73A

I hate those stupid short-lived dance fads! They're crap. Macarena, anyone?

dbigtex56:

Put wine on your cereal instead. It's cheaper.

I've tried water and orange juice. The orange juice wasn't bad. My friend said her grandma used to put apple juice on hers.

Soooo, anyway, does anyone want to help me bring back vaudeville?

It's probably because the lazy store clerk forgot to unlock the other door. I actually turn around and leave a business that only unlocks one side of a double door. I assume they are "Not Open for Business".

It's probably because the lazy store clerk forgot to unlock the other door. I actually turn around and leave a business that only unlocks one side of a double door. I assume they are "Not Open for Business".

Not thus far as I'm always the one that discovers the magical door opens. ;)

Goodie! I'll start browsing Ebay for a Charlie McCarthy doll.

While we're at it, we might as well bring back '70s variety shows, too.

Faded from many memories but there was a quite entertaining TV show called "Almost Anything Goes".

Seemed to be held in an arena or it was one huge set? People being thrown into giant vats of jello, etc. Entertaining to us teens anyway. As camp as it gets, but it was squeaky clean/messy fun. :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072466/

Then there just had to be a Jr edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FX4-7GzzHM

Veritgo58:

Faded from many memories but there was a quite entertaining TV show called "Almost Anything Goes".

Seemed to be held in an arena or it was one huge set? People being thrown into giant vats of jello, etc. Entertaining to us teens anyway. As camp as it gets, but it was squeaky clean/messy fun.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0072466/

Then there just had to be a Jr edition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FX4-7GzzHM

That's fun! Kind of like "Double Dare" or one of those other old school '80s Nick shows.

And the vats of Jello you mentioned, that reminds me of those old Jello jumps they used to have at the Omni hotel on the Katy freeway.

lockmat:

I'm learning to do the moonwalk:

That's very informative, to be honest. I didn't know there was a right or wrong way to moonwalk! And the airwalk is just too cool to fool. I'm going to have to learn those myself.

Archived