The War On Christmas: 2007 Edition

editor

Since we had a big raging thread about this last year, I thought I'd mention it again this year.

The 2007 edition has started in Seattle. It seems early this year.

Here's some interesting quotes from the reader comments section:

I hope that all of the Port of Seattle officials plan to be at work on December 25th. If there can be no official celebration of Christmas then December 25th is just another Tuesday. If any of the officials do take Christmas off I hope someone is offended and sues. Way to bring national attention on what a joke Seattle is.
Ahhhh...it gives me such a warm, fuzzy, multicultural, all including, non offensive and politically correct neutral bland feeling...kinda like soy milk.
Now, if we can just get rid of flags on Flag Day, Church Services on Easter, bombs bursting in air on Independence Day, drinking on New Years Eve, cakes on birthdays, old soldiers on Veterans Day, candy on Valentine's Day, turkeys on Thanksgiving and halftime celebrations during the SuperBowl, this country could be proud of not offending anyone during any month, week, day or hour of the year.

For those of you new around here, I LOVE CHRISTMAS. It's one of my favorite times of the year. I'm one of those nutjobs who puts on the Christmas music radio station on Thanksgiving and leaves it on until the New Year.

But someone in the Seattle P-I comments brought up a good point: The airport is spending $300k on this new seasonal display. If they're going to drop the traditional Christmas display, why not spend the money on something the airport needs more. Surely better security, training, maintenance, or something could benefit from the money that's now being spent on crystals and non-toxic snow.

does a war on christmas include unplugging the input speaker on a sam's club musical blow-up yard decoration? >:) it isn't even halloween.

yes, i did. and i'll do it again.

I remember last year someone got caught on surveilance video knifing an inflatable Frosty in some angry homeowner's yard. Who could hate Frosty?

Archived