Five Oaks Place/Woodside: Office Tower At 1500 Post Oak Bvd.

fernz

• 1 month later...

skybridge of death, LOL.. just a cut out/side view of the interior i would assume. any idea when Belfiore is supposed to start swtsig? i knew there was a 5th building supposed to go up somewhere around there.

this picture makes it look a good bit taller than the other Oaks..

Br2IIJd.jpg

Edited by cloud713

I never understood why they always have to leave that 6 inches of grass between the sidewalk and the street.  Looks so weird. 

i prefer it over concrete sidewalk right on the edge of a concrete street curb. why are they moving the sidewalk closer to the street? a) isnt that awfully close to the street, especially a busy street like Post Oak? and b ) arent they widening Post Oak some for the BRT?

Edited by cloud713

here is a quote from the BRT plans.. so this sidewalk will have to be rebuilt again in the near future?

"The exclusive bus lanes are accommodated by acquiring additional right-of-way. The existing 120’ right-of-way will be expanded to 136’ by acquiring approximately 8’ on each side of Post Oak Boulevard. (See illustrations.)"

i prefer it over concrete sidewalk right on the edge of a concrete street curb. why are they moving the sidewalk closer to the street? a) isnt that awfully close to the street, especially a busy street like Post Oak? and b ) arent they widening Post Oak some for the BRT?

That's interesting.  I prefer a nice, wide sidewalk all the way to the street, like this.

Kinda wish every sidewalk in Houston were standardized like this, it'd make the city a lot more walkable.

That's interesting.  I prefer a nice, wide sidewalk all the way to the street, like this.

Kinda wish every sidewalk in Houston were standardized like this, it'd make the city a lot more walkable.

I agree with you on that, I really hate those thin sidewalks, especially in a real urban area. 

here is a quote from the BRT plans.. so this sidewalk will have to be rebuilt again in the near future?

"The exclusive bus lanes are accommodated by acquiring additional right-of-way. The existing 120’ right-of-way will be expanded to 136’ by acquiring approximately 8’ on each side of Post Oak Boulevard. (See illustrations.)"

Yeah, I walked by yesterday and wondered about that, too.  Personally, I've started to feel kind of uncomfortable walking on sidewalks that put me just a few inches from the speed demons on Post Oak.  I once saw a red Lamborghini that must've been pushing 70 on the curve right by the construction site.  In turn, that reminded me of the two Animal Planet TV producers who were sent flying by a doped-up driver who went up over the curb nearby a few years ago.  At least they're alive, but one of them was said to be damaged for life.

While I prefer wide side walks (min 8ft) that invite walking, there really should be a grass and tree buffer between the sidewalk and the street curb for pedestrians - especially on major thoroughfares or higher speed traffic streets like Post Oak.

Sidewalks should NEVER be placed right up against the street curb. Sure this makes for easy landscape maintenance since there's no little strip to maintain but the grass and tree buffer provide a perceived safety zone for pedestrians. That's Urban Planning 101!

• Like 1