Leonard Gebhart Mansion At 3602 Parkwood Dr.

BenH

The big question is: what is the significance of the design on the picture window?  Semaphore flags?  Military ribbons?  Some kind of art piece?  It's not there in the current photos.

According to the son, his mother and the architect came up with the designed wood blocks. It was meant to be an artistic piece no other meanings as far as he knows.  I've already sent the design to my cabinet maker buddy to reproduce.  I love it!

• 2 years later...

Hello, I would like to introduce myself and my husband. We just purchased this home. We have hired an architect very familiar with this area and renovating older homes. Our architect has also found the original drawings at RIce University archives! Apparently Leonard Gabert was in one of the first graduating classes at Rice. We plan to phase out our renovations. We are gathering much more information as we continue to comb through the intricate original plans. We are also looking at obtaining landmark status on the home possibly

• Like 3

1 hour ago, riverside50s said:

Hello, I would like to introduce myself and my husband. We just purchased this home. We have hired an architect very familiar with this area and renovating older homes. Our architect has also found the original drawings at RIce University archives! Apparently Leonard Gabert was in one of the first graduating classes at Rice. We plan to phase out our renovations. We are gathering much more information as we continue to comb through the intricate original plans. We are also looking at obtaining landmark status on the home possibly

I live in the area and that's been one of my favorite homes in the neighborhood.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Leonard Gebhart Mansion At 3602 Parkwood Dr.