Post 510: Multifamily At 510 Richmond Ave.

talltexan83

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pictures from this evening:

post-12156-0-95338300-1378095020_thumb.j

post-12156-0-94305500-1378095112_thumb.j

The red/orange brick seems to be balancing out the mustard a little. I'm still not sold on the bottom level of large tan bricks; They look more suitable for a soil retention wall.

I definitely don't prefer the empty lot, but it could have been better...

It's not an amazing location right next to the spur. At least the spur isn't incredibly high traffic like 59 but it is pretty ugly. I'm just glad we got something on this lot. It'll make walking along richmond to wheeler station a bit nicer with the updated sidewalks, and actual people being there. It will probably make the area a bit safer too.

I noticed that the nails/screws holding the white trim in place haven't been puttied or painted over. Is it crazy to hold out hope they will be painting them some other color? I can't picture a color that would tie together the mustard, brick, and tan, but damn, something has to change.

• 3 weeks later...

It is nice when architecture is a "good neighbor" but if I was paying rent (subsidized or not) to live in an apartment I would care more about how it looked on the inside than the outside.

Several residential buildings along Park Ave. in New York look very plain on the outside but are quite opulent inside.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pardon, but I am new to Houston... and before I dismiss this as just another blase' project... what is the location of this thing? Thanks in advance.

It's on Richmond on the Montrose side of the 59-Downtown Spur. Close to Brooklyn Athletic Club & Shipley's.

Good to see the density there, but it's hideous every morning I drive past it :/

• 2 months later...

Archived